Mercy

Birthdays At The Malfoy Manor Are Always Memorable

Image

Fourteen years later Mercy Abigail Malfoy was celebrating her birthday fourteenth birthday. With her grey eyes shining Mercy ripped open the two presents in front of her. Birthdays were never an important event in the Malfoy house meaning no big party or pile of presents.

"Happy Birthday, Mercy." Draco said with a bored expression on his pale face.

"Thank you Draco." Mercy said not looking at him.

Mercy unwrapped a box from her parents and looked inside; a locket with an emerald in the middle was sitting inside. Like usual there was an expensive gift from her parents, her jewelry box was filled with expensive jewelry she would never wear.

"Thank you" she said admiring it.

"You’re welcome; we thought you might like it." Lucius Malfoy said.

"Why don't you open Draco's present?" Narcissa said.

Mercy slowly opened the box Draco gave her. Inside was a package of owl treats. Picking up the treats with a confused expression Mercy raised an eyebrow at her brother.

"Wow Draco you really tried this year." Mercy said sarcastically.

"I got you an owl its up in your room." Draco said rolling his eyes.

"Oh, well thank you." Mercy said standing up. "I guess I’ll go see my new owl."

Mercy walked to her large room where she saw a cage perched on her desk. Inside the cage sat a brown tawny owl sleeping soundly. Mercy opened the cage to pet her new owl who woke when she felt her new owners touch.

"Wow you are really beautiful." Mercy said with a smile. “I think I’ll call you Benny.”

After letting her new owl have a few treats Mercy laid on her bed trying to finish her summer homework. With only a month left of summer she had to hurry to finish it all before going back to school. After an hour of staring at a blank piece of parchment trying to write an essay on the uses of some plant she’s never heard of Mercy was all too ready to be done with homework.

"Mercy!"

At hearing her mother’s voice Mercy quickly walked out of her room to the top of the grand staircase.

“Yes, mother?” She asked trying to sound respectful.

"Pack." Narcissa said before turning and walk to the sitting room.

"For what?" Mercy asked following her mother into the room where her father and brother sat.

"We’re going on a little trip. Now go upstairs and pack.” Narcissa said impatiently. “Oh, change into something more presentable.

Mercy turned from her family to do as she was told. Not knowing where they were going or for how long Mercy packed almost every article of clothing she owned.

“We’re going to the Quidditch World Cup.” Draco said from the door to his sister’s room.

“Alright so I won’t need half of this stuff. How long are we going to be there?” She asked as she took out some of her belongs from her bag.

“Depends on how the game goes.” Draco said with a shrug. “Mother wanted me to tell you we’re leaving in twenty minutes.”

Mercy watched stunned as her brother walked away. Quickly packing the rest of her things Mercy found a more presentable outfit and quickly filled Benny’s food dish before leaving her room. Leaving her bag by in the foray where the rest of the family’s things were waiting. Walking into the sitting room where her family was still sitting she saw an old tin can on the polished table.

“Right on time. The elves will take our things.” Lucius said as he stood from his seat. “Everyone ready?”

With a nod of her head Mercy put a hand on the can and felt the odd pull as the portkey took them away.
♠ ♠ ♠
: )