Mercy

Quidditch Match From Hell

They landed in front of a camp ground with people standing around. Lucius walked over to a booth and paid a man with muggle money which he handed over with a sour look on his face. He instructed his family to follow him further into the camp ground where a tent was set up. While the tent looked small on the outside Mercy knew on the inside the tent would be bigger than necessary.

"Mercy, you and Draco will share this room.” Lucius said leading the two teenagers into the room.

There were two beds positioned on opposite sides of the room. Their things were already sitting on their beds. Mercy walked over to her bed which sat next to a window showing the bustle of the camp ground. Mercy saw many magical families walking past to go their tents or to see friends. Unfortunatly for Mercy there was no one for her to see.

“Are Crabbe and Goyle here?” Mercy asked turning to her brother.

“Somewhere I told them I’d find them later. Pansy is here as well if you would like to come with me.” Draco replied. He had always felt sorry for his sister; she never fit in at school with his friends. He had known for years that Mercy was adopted and Mercy knew that as well, but the knowledge that they were not blood related never ruined the siblings bond.

“Maybe if I’m feeling up to it.” Mercy said quietly.

They both knew she wouldn’t come with.

Mercy left Draco in their room to explore the massive tent. There was another room on the other side of the tent where Mercy assumed her parents would stay. There was a sitting room and a kitchen area, as well as a dining room and two bathrooms. It was of course lavishly decorated to Narcissa’s liking.

Mercy sat next to her father who was reading the Daily Profit in the sitting room. She could hear Narcissa yelling at some poor house elf from in the kitchen.

“How long until the match?” Mercy asked.

"Tomorrow afternoon. We will be sitting in the Minister’s box.” Lucius said smiling at his daughter.

Mercy smiled at her father before settling into the soft couch and closed her eyes.

The next day the family was finally going to find their seats for the Quidditch World Cup. They walked to the Ministers box they were greeted by the Minister of Magic. There was a group of people already seated and Mercy's heart almost stopped beating completely when she saw who was sitting at the end of the first row. She missed what Lucius was saying to the Minister, but she snapped out of her thoughts when she felt the mood change. She noticed Arthur Weasley and four of the Weasley children glaring at her and her family. She noticed a girl with bushy brown hair and a boy with jet black messy hair sitting at the end of the row of seats. It was the boy with black hair that had made Mercy’s heart stop. The Malfoys sat down in their seats, Draco between Lucius and Narcissa leaving Mercy to sit behind the dark haired boy at the end of the row. As she sat down she locked gazes with Harry Potter, the dark haired boy.

Mercy had had a crush on Harry since their first year, but of course she never told anyone. It was against all the rules to like him: he was a Gryffindor and she was a Slytherin, and he stod against everything her family believed in. For some reason she had always been drawn to him and he had never done anything to her to hurt her.

The Quidditch match was fast paced and exciting, but Mercy missed a lot because she was constantly gazing at Harry. Ireland won against Bulgaria and was given the cup in their box by the Minister. After the match Mercy and Draco were left in their tent while Lucius and Narcissa went to find some friends.

Mercy and Draco were in their room lying in their beds when they heard the first scream. Not knowing if it was just the Irish supporters who were still celebrating or something more sinister. Draco left their tent only to return moments later.

“We have to go.” He said urgently.

Mercy and Draco followed other panic people into the forest to hide. After seeing who was behind the mayhem Mercy and Draco relaxed and stayed in the forest watching as people ran past their hiding place. While Mercy and Draco had no reason to worry the others had a lot to worry about.

Mercy was sitting against a tree impatiently waiting to go back to the tent. She looked up sharply when she heard her brother’s arrogant voice.

"Well look who it is." He drawled.

Mercy looked over to where he was looking and almost gasped out aloud. It was Harry and his friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. Mercy couldn’t see any of the other Weasley’s and assumed they were alone.

"Draco." She said warningly to her brother, but he ignored her like usual when it came to being a bully.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Ron asked with a disgusted look.

"I just thought you might want to hide your girlfriend better. It would be just horrible to see her up there with those filthy muggles.” Draco said nodding towards the group of Death Eaters who were having too much fun with the muggles from the booth where Mercy had watched her father pay for their camping spot.

"Draco." Mercy said fiercer trying to get his attention.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Hermione asked.

"Honestly Granger, you’re supposed to be smart.” Draco said his sneer growing. “They’re after muggles which means you better watch out.”

"She’s a witch.” Harry said glaring at Draco.

"Trust me, Potter, they know a Mudblood when they see one.” Draco spat.

"Draco stop." Mercy said glaring daggers at him. Mercy had always hated the word Mudblood.

Ron took a step towards Draco but Hermione stopped him. Mercy kept looking from her brother to the trio in front of her. It seemed no one noticed her standing behind Draco.

"Draco, leave them alone." Mercy said forcefully.

Draco ignored her once again. "Where’s your dad Weasley? Trying to save the pathetic muggles?”

"What about you Malfoy? Where are your parents? They’re probably behind all of this." Harry said cutting Ron off from whatever he was about to say

Draco smiled softly. "If they were I wouldn't tell you, would I?"

"Lets go." Hermione said pulling on Ron and Harry’s shirts. The two boys had no choice but to follow.

"Better keep that bushy head down Granger!" Draco called after them.

Mercy stepped in front of Draco and glared at him. He only smiled back at her, not afraid of whatever she would do to him.

"I told you to leave them alone." Mercy said angrily.

"Why do you care about them so much?" Draco asked his smile fading into one of his sneers.

"I hate how you treat people! It has nothing to do with them!" Mercy yelled her hands curling into fists.

“I think it has something to do with them. That's why you are so pissed." Draco said pushing past Mercy.

Mercy followed Draco as he walked towards their tent. The Death Eaters had already gone past and were now dispersing.

"I already said it had nothing to do-" Mercy stopped mid-sentence.

Draco looked to where she was looking up at the sky his mouth dropping open. The Dark Mark was in the sky its sickly green glow illuminating the forest. Mercy had never seen one before but she knew it meant something bad had happened.

“Draco, you don’t think someone died, do you?” Mercy asked looking at her brother.

“I’m not sure, but we should head back to the tent now and wait for mother and father.” Draco said worry in his eyes.

Mercy took hold of her brother’s hand and they began to walk back to their tent. They walked carefully afraid to find a dead body in their way. When they arrived back at the tent their parents were still nowhere to be seen.

“Should we wait up for them?” Mercy asked sitting down on her bed.

“No, they probably won’t be back for a while.” Draco said shaking his head.

Mercy settled into her bed and after the events of the day she fell asleep almost instantly. Draco doing the same only moments later.
♠ ♠ ♠
: )
Comment?!?!