Mercy

Goodbyes and Boastful Thinking

Image

Platform nine and three-quarters was packed with students and their parents. The Malfoy’s stood to one side saying there good byes away from the other families.

"Good bye Mercy." Lucius said showing a bit of affection and hugged his daughter.

"Bye father.” Mercy said quietly hugging him back. She turned to her mother and receive a quick hug from her as well.

With plenty of time to find a compartment Mercy followed her brother into the train. The duo found their Slytherin house mates in a compartment near the back of the train. Draco talked with the boys in the compartment; Mercy was left to talk with Pansy Parkinson, her brothers off and on girlfriend, who talked nonstop until the train began to move which is when she turned her attention towards Draco. Leaving Mercy to stare out the window watching the passing scenery while she day dreamed.

"Mercy do you want to come with?" Draco asked.

It was well into the train ride by this time and Draco and his goons were getting bored. It was that time for Draco to scare first years.

"Where?" She asked confused. She set the book she was reading down next to her.

"For a walk." Draco replied standing from his seat.

"Sure." Mercy said she really had nothing better to do, and getting away from a Pansy sounded like a great idea.

Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Mercy walked down the hall of the train finding something to entertain them. Draco stopped in front of one of the compartments a sly grin adorning his pale face. Through the compartment you could hear Ron Weasley talking about the World Cup. Draco opened the door before Mercy could say anything to stop him.

"Sounds like you had fun Weasley." Draco said as he lazily leaned against the door.

Ron's ears turned bright red while his eyes narrowed at Draco. Harry of course had a hand on his wand ready to fight at any moment.

"I don’t think we asked you to join us, Malfoy." Harry said icily.

"So Weasley did you hear what’s happening this year?” Draco asked with a sneer. "Going to try and win some gold?"

"What are you going on about?" Ron demanded.

"Are you going to enter? Of course Potter will.” Draco said glancing at Harry.

"Tell us what you’re talking about or get out." Hermione snapped over her book.

"Wow, you don’t know?” Draco asked overly cheerful. "You have family in the Ministry Weasley! Father told me and Mercy ages ago." Draco said laughing. “Well I guess you’ll be in for a surprise.”

Draco turned with another laugh and continued to walk down the hall. Mercy stayed behind and made sure her brother was far enough away before moving to stand in the door of the compartment.

"Sorry 'bout that. Draco really doesn't know that much about what is happening this year." Mercy said as she stood where Draco had been standing. “Father refused to say anything.”

Harry smiled unable to stop himself, "Really?”

"Yes. He just wants to sound better than everyone else." Mercy said rolling her eyes. “You know how us Malfoy’s have to be.”

Ron mumbled something to himself and looked away from Mercy, and Hermione went back to her book after sending a smile towards Mercy.

"Will you tell us what is happening?" Harry asked hopeful.

"It wouldn't be a secret any more if I told. Now would it?" Mercy said grinning.

"No I guess it wouldn't." Harry said his smile widening.

"I should go." Mercy said with a frown.

"You don't have to." Harry said sounding kind of sad.

"Yes, I have to." Mercy said. "Bye Ron and Hermione. Bye Harry."

Mercy walked back to her compartment. All eyes were on her when she opened the door.

"Where have you been?" Pansy asked.

"Walking." Mercy answered before looking out the window.

~~~~~

Mercy jumped off the carriages that had taken her from Hogsmead station to Hogwarts, and ran inside the castle to get out of the rain. Peeves the Poltergeist was throwing water balloons at the already wet students. Before she could be hit Mercy hurried towards the Great Hall

The students sat at their appropriate house tables and waited for the feast to begin. After the normal sorting ceremony where almost no one paid attention to the Sorting Hats song; professor Dumbledore stood and announced the feast was to begin. Mercy ate almost everything offered, which caused Pansy to call her a few rude names. She was stuffed when the desserts disappeared finally at the end of the feast.

Dumbledore stood once again and the hall went deadly silent. Dumbledore went through the normal rules and regulations but when he was half way finished with Filch the caretakers list of banned items the door to the hall opened. A man walked into the hall every other step making a loud clunk. A shot of lightning brightened the room and one big gasp ran through the hall. The man’s face had been illuminated by the lightning revealing a face totally disfigured with scars and half his nose missing. The man reached Dumbledore and shook his hand they talked for a second in whispers before the man walked to an empty seat and sat down at the staff table.

"Let me introduce the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Alastor Moody." Dumbledore announced.

The only people that clapped were Dumbledore and Rubius Hagrid. The students were too stunned to give the new professor a respectable greeting.

"Now I will announce the big news. This year at Hogwarts we will hold the Triwizard Tournament." Dumbledore said.

Everyone in the hall started talking excitedly. The ones who knew what a Triwizard Tournament was explained with lots of enthusiasm what it was. Mercy didn’t say anything while she watched her brother brag about how he knew all along what was going to happen this year.

Dumbledore asked for silence from the students and went through the history of the tournament.

"No one under the age of seventeen may enter." He said as he finished everything he had to say.

The hall was filled with angry yells. Dumbledore had to restore order fast for the students were very upset with him.

"This is for your safety.” Dumbledore said with a tone that said there was no getting around the rule. “The other schools will arrive in October. Now off to bed."
Mercy made her way down into the dungeon and followed a fifth year through the door. She quietly went to her room and got ready for bed. She lay in bed and listened to the other girls until finally the only sound was slow breathing, Mercy was finally able to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I started writing this story years ago and I just decided to rewrite it, so if some of it is bad that's probably why. I'm trying not to have this be word for word from the story or movie but its kind of hard since what I had originally wrote was pretty much word for word.
I hope you all enjoyed!!
Comment!!