Don't Lose Hope

Victory

Time Of My Life

“Hike!” Vincent yelled at his teammate #32, “Go! Go! Go!”

Everybody that was crouched in front of each other was now crashing into one another, trying to tackle them down. Vincent took a few steps back and hastily looked for his runner back. Seeing his teammate’s familiar #24, he threw the ball hard and gracefully toward the runner. At that moment, a big guy crashed into Vincent, making him fall hard on his already sore back.

“#24, who is the Packer's Bradd Killer, is running fast and strong toward the goal! Oh no! The Tiger's #5 is running for his dear life to catch up to him. OH!! He was just tackled by two of the Packer's offense teammates.”

The big guy got off of Vincent, Vincent got to his feet quickly, spitting the ground. His teeth was hurting in the mouth guard, he couldn't wait to get home after this, but he wasn't that cantankerous. He was going to put his all into this game. He didn't get that sports scholarship to Stanford University for nothing.

“The runner is tackled! OH! He scores! He scores! Home 32 to Visitors 23, it was a good game –“

Vincent looked across the field to see the referee looking at his teammate’s position. He waved his arms up in the air, grasping each of his hands, “Defense #3 has grabbed the clothing of the opposing team. Foul!”

Vincent groaned, that meant another play of the game. He looked at the clock, not much time left, the game was almost over. He couldn't wait for it to be over, and his teams call for victory once again.

Vincent jogged to the end field, where they would have their kickoff. It was to make the final decision for the game. If they made the goal they’d obviously win, if they miss, the Tiger's would get the ball and they'd have overtime. #55, the Packer's usual kicker, had a sprained ankle during the game. It was up to Vincent now to take his place.

“Packers quarterback, Vincent Martinez, is filling in for #55's absence. How will he do!?”

You're about to find out, Vincent thought as the referee was placing the ball where it needed to be. Bradd got on one knee and held the ball upright.

Vincent took three strides back and two steps to his left. Vincent saw Bradd flash an encouraging smile before he put most of strength in his legs when he ran and kicked the ball. Kicking that ball always sets off a slow motion timer in Vincent's mind, even if they had a guarantee win or lose, the moment gets Vincent into a trance every time.

Watching the ball fly gracefully into the goal was like a feeling of victory in Vincent's veins. “He scores! Packer's wins yet another game tonight!”

Cheers erupted through the bleachers, while groans came through the other side. The Packer’s had yet won another Home game that night. With the score of 9-0, they’ve held a perfect season so far. Vincent knew that if they won the next game, which happened to be against their rivals, the Musketeers. Vincent knew they’ve kept up a perfect season too.

“Good job Packers. The Tigers held up a good fight, better luck next time!”

The crowd went wild at that. The teams lined up, bumping fist with each other. It was something they did after every game. They congratulated each other, even though the Tiger’s knew the Packers were good. “Good luck next year.” Vincent said to the Tiger’s quarterback.

They grinned at each other, “Too bad you won’t be here either.” The boy replied.

Vincent was a senior. The boy apparently was a junior, it seemed. When they were done, the Packers crowded in a bunch in the middle of the field, where all their fans crowded with them, screaming and congratulating. He lifted up onto his buddy’s shoulders; they were twins, juniors too. Vincent ripped his helmet off, glad to do so. He pumped it into the air. Nothing could beat the feeling of victory.

Nothing could change Vincent’s life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, okay, I know it's a strange way of starting out the first chapter, and i'm not sure if the song fits. Just to get this out there, in each chapter a song will be linked at the beginning. If the color is Turquiose, it's in Vincent's POV :) if it's Purple, it's in Sina's POV (she'll be coming in soon) But for the most part, this story is mostly in Vincent's POV lol.

I only put the first chapter up for now to see how this story goes. Comment and subscribe if you want the next chapter out faster. :) this is actually my first kind of dramatic trauma story. I hope it goes well.