Don't Lose Hope

November 27, 2011

As She's Walking Away

Vincent drove to their usual football meetings on Saturday, did his usual workouts with the guys, and joked around with the coach. They had one more game to play, then finals. Everyone was pumped for it. They were confident, knowing that Vincent would pull them through. He just smiled at their compliments, but never said anything.

Training was over and everyone took their usual routes home. They had a heavy rain fall that morning, which caused Vincent take a different route home. It was the longer way, and everywhere around him was filled with grazed cornfields. It wasn’t raining now that training was done, the sun was shining bright. Vincent drove his Charger down the country road, coming to a stop sign.

When he stopped, he went to look left, then right, and his eyes stopped when they landed on a girl. She couldn’t have been no older than himself. She was beautifully tanned, wearing a white dress and had her hair pulled back. The girl was strumming a guitar, it was slightly old, with small dents.

The girl looked up from her guitar and saw Vincent, she smiled at him. Her teeth were all straight and white, they stood out among her dark skin. She swung her booted feet as she played. Vincent couldn’t help but stare. It wasn’t cold outside, just damp, which Vincent was confused on why she was outside, playing a guitar, why she looked his age.

Shouldn’t she be in school? Vincent thought. Vincent couldn’t recall any girl that resembled her at school. Vincent’s phone went off, cutting him out of his trance. It was his mom, saying she wanted him home soon, saying that it was suppose to rain soon. Vincent took a one last look at the girl again, who was now staring at the distant sky, and drove off.

He had no idea what happened to himself as he made it home. He’s never frozen in place when he looked at a girl. The girl was beautiful with the guitar on her lap. Vincent couldn’t get the picture of her out of his head as he ate dinner with is parents. His parents were talking about Stanford, but Vincent barely listened. They talked about his grades, how perfect they were.

He could be a doctor if he wanted to be, but they knew better than to press that onto him. Vincent had plans for football. He wanted to go pro, that was his dream. It’s been his dream, even Bradd’s dream, since they were kids. That was all that Vincent’s mind was set on. Well, it was, until the picture of the girl came into his head again.

Maybe I’ll drive by there tomorrow, again. Vincent thought, eating some more.

“Oh, son, we’re having coffee with your grandparents tomorrow. Be sure to meet us tomorrow at the Coffee Café. Vincent nodded, sadden that he couldn’t drive by the girl tomorrow.

Maybe I’ll do it after practice on Monday. Vincent decided, then another thought came into mind. Why did he even want to go? It wasn’t like she meant anything to him.

Yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm not exactly sure if 'As She's Walking Away' exactly a good song for this chapter... but just to get this across, Vincent obviously falls in love at first sight :) but he just doesn't really realize it yet... lol Plus, it's hard finding a song for this chapter :(

Lol also, just a little side note... be sure to right click the link and 'open in new tab' otherwise the link will take you away from this page O_O

Hope you liked the second chapter better than the first. Things will progress a little faster after this :) Vincent sounds kind of stalkerish too at the end... O.o

Thanks for reading!