Don't Lose Hope

Coffee with the Family and a Secret Reunion

Welcome Home You

Vincent drove up to the Café where he’d meet his grandparents and parents were sitting together, drinking coffee and talking. It was their usual Sunday routine. They’d go to church for the morning then come here, just to chat, and so Vincent’s grandparents could see their grandchild, since they couldn’t see him often.

Vincent walked to his grandparents, hugged them both, and took a seat next to his mother. “Oh, my boy, you’ve grown since we’ve last saw each other.” His grandma cooed, brushing at his hair.

Vincent smiled and his grandpa spoke in his usual grumpy way, “Of course, old woman! He’s becoming a man! A man! You’re just shrinking!”

Vincent’s grandpa fought through World War Two, and had many stories to tell. Vincent could still remember some told as a kid. They weren’t always nice, but sometimes, he’d tell an old joke a friend of his made. He was a young teenager then, just like Vincent himself, he wasn’t worried about the next football game and game plans on how to win. Vincent smiled the whole way through, understanding his grandpa well.

Vincent and his father got into a conversation about Vincent’s next football game. The next game they won, they’d go straight to finals. Yes, the Packer’s were against their biggest rivals, it was going to be a tough game. Vincent’s grandpa barked army commands, which made them crack up.

It was just another Sunday in the coffee shop with Vincent’s family. He always enjoyed them fully, he loved his family, and he knew he was their only grandson, and he always listened to his grandma on how excited she was, that she wasn’t ready to pass on, not until her first great grandchild was born. Vincent was near that age, and it always embarrassed Vincent when she spoke about children and wives, but it would be quickly replaced with laughter when his grandfather started complaining about woman.

It was when Vincent’s mother nudged his side that got his attention, “Honey, that girl over there has been staring at you for a long time. Do you know her?”

Vincent looked over and stared in shock. Outside the window, was the same girl from yesterday. Only she was dressed slightly warmer, and her bangs clipped to her side. She was taking a sip out of her drink when they made eye contact. She smiled when she was done, and leaned back in her chair. Vincent noticed then that she was speaking with two adults, who seemed to be her parents.

“Yeah.” Vincent said, taking a drink from his water bottle, “Just a girl I’ve met recently.”

Vincent’s dad looked out the window at the girl, “Oh? She reminds me of your mother when we were younger.”

Vincent couldn’t believe that for a second. No offense to his mother, of course.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay... Welcome Home You is more of a religion type of song, but still, I love it <3 I think it reflects the chapter well, just have the family together, and just to talk about Vincent, letting them know how successful he could be. Though they could have different plans for Vincent, they love him, and they're okay with what he wants.

Oh, by the way :) the guy who sings Welcome Home You (Brian Litrell) did you know he was from the Backstreet Boys O.o lol big suprise... not really :) He's always had a good heart.

Anyway, i need to stop straying from topic to topic... Thanks for reading :) oh and i edited the decription thingie migigiee, saying how it was like A Walk To Remember... It kind of is.. kind of not. I havent watched the movie in forever o.o, but i do know that the main girl on the movie died from cancer O.o so that's why i kind of said that...

Thanks for reading :)

Thanks for reading...