Don't Lose Hope

Bruises

Skin

Sina headed toward the bathroom as she walked into the hospital. When she got in there, she took off her jacket and laid it on the sink. It was, thankfully, a one-person only bathroom. She looked in the mirror, then at the reflection of her arm.

The boy from before, Vincent, caught her before she fell. His grip was tight, but it was firm. Sina touched her arm, now forming a bruise in the shape of the handprint. When he caught her, it didn’t hurt at the time, but when he let go, her arm tingled. She remembered his smile, his manners, his crystal blue eyes, and never will she forget his name.

“Vincent…” Sina murmured, then smiled.

She wanted to talk to him. She wanted a friend. He was her opportunity to have somebody, aside from her parents, to talk too. She could tell he wanted the same. His stares and make of conversation convinced her that. She told him to see her again. That would be his invitation, and she knew he’d come the first chance he got.

Her father warned her about many things about guys. He said they’d do anything to try and sleep with them, they didn’t care about the girls, they only needed them to satisfy their needs. Aside from their conversation, Sina didn’t pick up anything about that. She could really feel that he wanted to get to know her.

She looked in the mirror again, seeing her bruise. She put on her jacket again. He couldn’t find out about her. Not this sickness. He couldn’t find out the pain she always held inside. She didn’t want to get him involved. He didn’t deserve it. She could hear parts of what their grandparents said before, he was a football player, going on a scholarship to some college. Just from know that, Sina knew he had a future laid out in front of him.

She didn’t need to have him sidetracked. He was a nice guy, from her impression, he didn’t need to be ruined the way she was. She swallowed and left the bathroom, turning the lights off behind her. She walked over to her mother, who was waiting with a familiar nurse, “Ah, Stacey.” Sina said, smiling at her nurse.

“Sina, how are you girl?” Stacey asked, leading them down the familiar hallway.

“I’ve been better, I suppose.” Sina smiled, “But it’s been great.”

“Oh, did something happen?” Mom asked, questioning her happiness.

“Yeah, I met somebody. And they made me feel better.” Sina blantly replied.

She wasn’t lying, but she wasn’t telling the truth either. She didn’t want to tell her mother it was a guy, otherwise she’ll become frantic. They lead her into the CAT scan room. She was going to go through her familiar routine. Stacey started asking questions that Sina answered honestly. “Have you received any injury lately?”

“Do bruises count?” Sina had to make sure.

“Well, I suppose, depending on how big. Where is it?” Stacey asked.

Sina took off her jacket and held out her arm. Stacey’s eyes widen some, “How did this happen?”

“Somebody grabbed my arm to help keep me from falling.” Sina explained.

“That explains why it looks like a handprint. Did they grab hard?” Stacey asked.

“A little, then held on until I caught my balance.” Sina said, watching Stacey chew on her dark bottom lip.

“Okay,” Stacey said, writing it down, “Though be more careful next time okay?”

Sina nodded and Stacey lead her to the machine. She took the hair clip out of her hair and gave it to her mom. “Please take Stacey’s advice.” Her mother said, looking worried, “I can’t loose you sooner than I already will.”

Sina swallowed and nodded, then laid down on the machine. 2 years, the doctor said she may possibly live. Unless something happens beforehand, such as an accident, or possibly pregnancy. Sina swallowed, and closed her eyes.

Yeah, she definitely didn’t want to get Vincent involved with this side of her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, okay, i'm not really sure how to talk about Sina's cancer, but yeah, it's chronic, which means that it's long lasting, or just slow. I think the song fits well, perfectly actually. It's really sad though, and it's completely understandable why Sina doesn't want Vincent involved with that side of her life, even if he's just a stranger.

Hope you enjoyed :) Please comment for me.

Thanks for reading