Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Reina Spends the Night

Alex, Sarah, and I walked out to the mini-bus. "Where to," she asked us.

"My dad's house, I'll drive Rey back to Pete's."

"Ok."

"Where will you be Sarah," I asked her wondering if perhaps I would have another friend here in California.

"Back to New York, tomorrow, after I finish us some work here."

When we reached Alex's, we hugged Sarah goodbye and shook our bus driver's hand as well. I followed Alex to a white Lexus RX350 SUV. "Is this your dad's car? Does he know you're borrowing it?"

"He knows I'm in town, he'll figure it out."

"Alex..."

"Just get in the car, Rey." I climbed in.

We rode silently back to Pete's house. It felt a little strange realizing that it was just the two of us alone for the first time. We pulled up to the guard at the gate of Pete's community. "What house number?"

Alex looked at me. Uh... "Erm...I'm not sure, but we're going to Pete Wentz's house."

"I'm sorry ma'am but I'll have to call to request permission to let you in." We waited until he came out of his little booth. "I'm sorry ma'am but no one is answering and now that I think about it I remember Mr. Wentz leaving a little while ago."

"Well she has a key sir can't I just drop her off?"

"I'm sorry sir just doing my job."

"Do you have a cell phone number for Pete maybe we can meet him somewhere?"

"Uh...no."

"Does he have yours?"

"Um...no." I could see Alex was getting frustrated. "I'm sorry Alex. I don't think Pete really thought this thing through and I'm not really in my full mind right now."

Alex's face relaxed. "I know I'm sorry. How about we go pick up some food and you can crash at my house. We'll come back in the morning." He took me to this great local, tourist-free restaurant. I hadn't eaten all day and I enjoyed my fish tacos a little more than I usually do.

We got back to Alex's house but his dad wasn't there. "I'm beat, do you mind if I just crash," I said.

"Not at all, come one," he said motioning to his bedroom.

"Um Alex, your dad..."

"He won't care Rey..."

"I know but I'd rather just sleep on the couch."

"If you say so," he said going to get me a pillow and blanket. I took out my cell phone and dialed my mother's number, still a busy signal. I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep but I fell fast as soon as my head hit the pillow.