Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Let In

The next day Alex woke me up and we went back to Pete's. This time when the guard called, a groggy Pete answered and we were able to get in. I used the key and Alex and I went inside. Pete was on his way down the steps. He still looked half asleep with messy hair and red striped pajama pants. "Hey, I'm sorry about last night when I got home the guard told me what happened."

"That's ok I crashed with Alex."

"I knew he'd take care of you."

"Yeah," said Alex unenthusiastically, "Look Reina I have to catch up with my dad and get back to my mom about sending my things. I'll call ya later. You have my number too, right?" I nodded. "Ok, I'll talk to you later then," he said before giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"See ya man," said Pete. He walked to the kitchen and since I didn't know what else to do I followed him. I watched as he put a breakfast Hot Pocket into the microwave. "So did you have a good night last night," he asked me trying to strike up a conversation.

"It was good we went to this little restaurant and then crashed." He nodded. Then it was silent as neither of us could think of what to say. Finally, we were saved by the "ding" of the microwave.

"So this is a little weird huh," he asked with a mouth full of Hot Pocket.

"Yeah a little," I said shyly.

"Well, I have some stuff I need to do today but I should be back by like 2 pm and we can go get some furniture for the guest room, ok," he said cheerily.

"Pete, really you don't have to go and buy furniture for me. The couch is fine," I said yet again.

"Really, I needed to do it anyway it's no problem," he insisted, "Now help yourself to anything in the house; I've gotta hurry and get dressed I'm running late."