Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Susie Homemaker

It was Sunday evening, there wasn't really anything on tv so I settled on C.S.I. reruns and contemplated the likelihood of Alex letting me watch Desperate Housewives. At 7:00, the furniture deliverers left and the tv installer called me upstairs to show me how to work everything. I only understood about two words and I remembered none of them but I could figure it out.

After I showed him out, I returned to the guest room. When I got to the doorway it amazed me how much of a difference a few pieces of furniture could make. The fluffy pillow top mattress just begged to be jumped on and the beautiful details of the carvings were emphasized against the stark white walls. The oversized vanity and dresser would have been perfect if I had things to put in them. I frowned at my one large suitcase in which I had repacked all of my fresh clean clothes. I wasn't ready to hang them in the closet just yet.

Since tonight would be my first night actually sleeping here I was a little anxious. I headed to the hallway in search of the linen closet to find the sheets and comforter Pete said I could use. I opened a door near the hallway bathroom to find mostly cleaning supplies, which made me smile because I couldn't picture Pete cleaning. At the very top of the closet was a pristine white down comforter and on the shelf below it, sheets to match. I used them to make up the bed then returned to the closet to find pillows. I located them behind where the comforter had been along with extra sheer white curtains. My designer's brain immediately started clicking. I climbed on top of the bed and began draping the fabric artfully over the canopy of the bed.