Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Sugar

When we reached the club, we pulled up to the front and piled out of two black SUVs. Pete, Ashlee, Alex, and myself were in Pete's Range Rover and Joe, Angel, Andy, and Tessa climbed out of Andy's tricked out Escalade. There was a neon pink sign the read "Sugar" on the outside of the otherwise plain-looking brick building. The crowd outside was huge, much of it being the paparazzi. Alex grabbed my hand helping me out of the truck and held me around my waist as the club's security escorted out group past the line of hopefuls and the blinding flashes of the cameras. Once inside, I followed Pete to a booth that had been reserved, it was large enough to seat us all. Once seated I got a chance to look around. The black walls of the club were illuminated pink from lights both on the floor and the ceiling. There was a wall of pink shimmering glass tiles behind the bar which basically was the length of the whole back wall. There were some people dancing under the hot pink stroke lights, some were sitting in hot pink leather-lined booths like ourselves, and some were table-hopping, sitting on tall-backed lucite bar stools with hot pink lucite seats. I could see how the club had gotten its name, even the clubs signature drink "The Pink Sugar", consisting of their secret blend, was pink.

I was squashed happily against Alex in the booth, he placed his hand firmly on my knee. Suddenly I felt something vibrating in his pants. "That had be your phone Alexander," I said jokingly.

He laughed before reaching in his pocket to answer it. "It's Kyle," he mouthed.

"So Reina, now that we're friends tell me a little more about yourself," said Angel who was sitting on the other side of me. Her honey brown eyes seemed so genuine.

"Well, I don't know...I mean you already know that I'm from Miami and how I ended up here..."

"What was you life like before you came to Cali?"

"I lived with my mom. We were kind of struggling my mom had..." I paused, "...has a passion for clothing design so we put all of our money into her opening her own boutique."

"Did you have a lot of friends in school?"

"Not really. I knew a lot of people and I never really had a problem with anybody but I was too busy to have any real friends."

"What do you mean?"

"Well I worked at worked at a Taco Hut for a couple of hours in the evenings to help with the bills, but I would also help my mom in the store directly after school and on the weekends."

"Wow that sounds tough."

"Not really, not when it's the only thing you know. My mom taught me to keep moving, it's the only way you're going to survive."