Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Top Chef

"So do you guys want to hang out with us today? We're probably going to go downtown to the mall or go to the movies or something," asked Pete.

“You can still hang out at the mall," I asked amused.

Pete looked sheepish. "Well I haven't done it in a while but we could give it a try."

When Alex and I agreed, Pete and Ashlee went upstairs to get dressed. I went upstairs to put on some real clothes. Alex followed. "So, um, about last night...," I began.

"Yeah?"

"About what Pete asked you...UCLA and Culinary School...What's up with that? I mean you don't have to tell me if you don't want to of course..."

"No it's ok I'm actually ashamed I got so worked up, it's just kind of a sore spot for me you know? Anyway, the short version is my father doesn't approve of my dream of being a chef. He says it's not practical. He wants me to be a doctor or a lawyer or something. Personally I think it's pretty practical, I mean it's not like I said I wanted to become a rockstar or anything and my mom agrees but he's paying so..."

"Alex I'm sorry that must be hard."

"Only when people bring it up," he said gently.

"Well then, I will never bring it up again scout's honor," I said.