Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Enough

We hopped out of the pool and dried off before heading into the house. I hadn't realized just how huge the guest room and bathroom were until Angel, Tessa, Lacey and myself were all bustling around trying to hurriedly dry off, get dressed, dry hair, and put on a dab of makeup for lunch. Even with the 4 of us in there, there was still plenty of room except when we were all fighting to take turns using one blow-dryer. Of course Alex, Andy, and Joe only had to dry off and get dressed so they took turns in the hall bathroom. And Pete and Ashlee only had to share with each other. Surprisingly, everyone was ready in 20 minutes. Of course my hair was only half dry but it wasn't important. "Now aren't you sorry you wore that outfit," I teased Alex after he was redressed in his beat up clothes.

"No, I kind of like embarrassing you," he said as he put his sunglasses back on with a grin.

*****************************************************

"Come on you have to try it," Alex urged. We were sitting in California Pizza Kitchen and Alex was trying to convince me to order a slice of caramelized pear and gorgonzola cheese pizza.

"I've had poached pear and gorgonzola cheese before, but together on top of a pizza..." I was skeptical.

"It's delicious I promise just try it."

I gave in and ordered exactly that when our waitress came. "So um Ashlee is there anything I should know or bring with me to the interview."

"Not really, Russell already knows about your situation so you don't have to worry about getting a resume together he'll just get it from you verbally. Oh and also he like people that are outspoken and opinionated, so don't be afraid to tell him what you think or even to disagree with him that's exactly what he's looking for."

"I'll keep that in mind," I said making mental notes. I tried not to look at Angel but I couldn't help it and the moment I did, I regretted it. She was obviously mad at me for bringing up the job again.

Later, when we were all on our way into the house Angel and Tessa pulled me aside. "Rey I thought I made it clear that Ashlee can't be trusted. She is not your friend. Why are you doing this?"

"Angel I hear you loud and clear. Look, I have no idea what's going on between you and Ashlee or why you hate each other but she's been nice to me. I have no reason to hate her and her boyfriend is letting me stay with him since, if you've forgotten, I'm currently homeless and I'm mature enough to decide for myself whether or not I like someone; this isn't high school." They both looked stunned that I had stood up to her.

"Well, I'm just trying to help you out," said Angel snottily.

"Rey we're sorry we were just trying to make sure you don't get hurt," added Tessa. She looked genuinely worried that I had gotten upset.

"Oh really? Tell me Tessa what has Ashlee ever done to you? Do you even have a reason to dislike her or is it because Angel told you to?"

Angel looked shocked and as Tessa search for an answer I knew she didn't have, Lacey approached from inside the house. "Is everything ok out here, the guys are wondering where you all are?"

"Everything's fine now Lacey," I said turning my back on Angel and Tessa and walking into the house.