Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Sugar, We're Goin' Down

I awoke early the next morning to the sound of "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" coming from my cell phone. It was kind of weird now that I was staying with Peter, I should probably change it. "Hello," I said trying not to sound too groggy.

"Hi Reina this is Russell," said the chipper, slightly lisp-y voice on the other end.

I cleared my throat in a hurry and tried my hardest to sound awake. "Yes good morning Russell how are you?"

"Very well thank you. Listen Reina, I was just calling to let you know that you got the job and you can start on Monday if you like."

"Oh absolutely thank you so much!"

"No problem and we look forward to seeing you Monday."

I hung up and immediately called Alex. "I got the job," I practically screamed into his ear.

"That's great congrats," he said not sounding too excited.

"What's wrong babe?"

"Nothing I'm happy for you I just wish i could come over to celebrate."

"Well why don't you?"

"I'm at work today remember. I'm sitting here bored out of my mind with my father yelling at me every 15 seconds."

"Aww, I'm sorry. Well, what time is your lunch break?"

"I get an hour at 12 but it's too far for me to come see you and get back on time," he said sounding disappointed."

"Ok I guess I'll see you later then." I had an idea brewing to cheer him up. I quickly made a few more phone calls letting everyone know my exciting news (even Angel seemed happy for me) and headed downstairs. When I came down I was greeted by a zombie-like Peter pouring himself a bowl of Frosted Flakes. "Good morning," I said. Some of Russell's cheeriness had obviously rubbed off on me.

"Mmmh," Pete grunted in return. He obviously hadn't had his morning coffee yet. I ignored his grumpiness as I began humming to myself and pulling random things out the refrigerator. "What are you doing," he asked.

"Making lunch for Alex. He's bummed because he started work yesterday for his dad so I'm going to take him lunch to cheer him up.

Peter awakened somewhat looking slightly surprised. "Wow, that's kind of nice," he said thoughtfully, "I don't think I've ever had a girl make me lunch."

"Thanks but I have no idea what to make."

"Well, I'm no help I didn't know there was food in the fridge until I took the milk out the morning...and it was fresh."

"Alex and I have been food shopping every week," I said surprised that he hadn't noticed.

Pete simply returned to his cereal taking it upstairs and leaving me in front of the open fridge still trying to figure out what to make.