Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

The Prodigal Daughter Returns

"So I was thinking since you are going to be in the house all alone and I really don't want to see my dad anymore than I have to, how about I come stay with you for awhile," he said after having settled into the car. I was skeptical, that sounded like moving in to me. He must have been able to read my face because he went on. "It would just be for the rest of the summer. By the time Pete comes back from touring it'll be time for to move into my dorm," he reasoned.

I still wasn't sure. Who was I to allow him to move into someone else's house? Then, I thought about what Pete had told me earlier about it being my home too. "Ok."

"Really?"

"Yeah really. I think it'll be really fun.'

Alex and I spent the rest of the day moving his things while h his father was still at work. We were just about to get some dinner when my cell phone rang. "Hey Reina, it's Dani," came the familiar, annoyingly perky voice through the receiver.

"Hey Dani what's up?"

"Um, I could kind of use a ride."

"What do you mean? Where are you?"

"At LAX, I was going to catch a cab but then I couldn't remember which street Pete lived on."

"Sure I'll be right there." I hung up. "Change of plans babe, Dani is back in town and she needs a ride from the airport."

I got to LAX as fast as I could breaking a few speeding law along the way I'm sure. Danielle's face instantly perked up when she saw that we had finally arrived. I ran to her and hugged her tightly. I even allowed myself to squeal in excitement along with her. "So what are you doing here," I asked once we had gotten her pile of suitcases into the trunk.

"Well I woke up yesterday and realized I was bored out of my mind back in Connecticut. I missed Los Angeles and you guys, so I packed my bags, told my parents I'd be back in August and the rest is history."

I was both surprised and not surprised that Dani had just come back to LA for the entire summer on a whim and without her parents permission.

"So where are you staying," Alex asked practically since at this point I was just driving along.

"Um, I don't know yet I was hoping I could spend the night with Rey and find a hotel tomorrow."

Well, she had said that not much planning had gone into this. "Nonsense, you're staying with me," I said glancing at Alex. I knew he would be disappointed but he knew I was doing the right thing.

"No, I couldn't possibly I don't want to impose."

"Hush you're staying with me and that's the end of it."