Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Emo Boy to the Rescue

On Sunday I stayed in the house the entire day. I was still getting used to my crutches and hopping around the house and up and down the stairs was hard enough as it was. So I got to the living room couch and stayed there. It was closer to the food. Pete even joined me. We watched the CSI Marathon on Spike while he decorated my cast.

On Monday, though, it was time to go back to work. At least I was able to park close to my building so the I didn't have to hop too far.

"Rey, I heard about your leg are you okay," asked Russell early that morning.

"I'm fine...How did you find out, did you talk to Ashlee?"

"No, I saw it on Perez."

"Excuse me?"

"Here look." He pushed me out of the way so that he could use my computer pulling up the Perez Hilton celebrity gossip site. After a few more clicks he moved so I could see the screen. On the screen I saw a picture of me balled up in Pete's arms as he carried me through the airport with cameras all around us. Of course, in true Perez style he had drawn something similiar to the Superman logo only instead of an "S" there was an "E" and it said "Emo boy to the rescue". The short article beneath said that Pete played hero to a random fan who got hurt and how Perez wished it was him in Pete's arms. I was surprised, my picture was on the internet, my picture was on a celebrity gossip website. I immediately picked up the phone and called Pete.

"Hey what's up?"

"There's a picture of us, of you carrying me out of the airport on perezhilton.com."

He chuckled. "I know I saw it. Why? It doesn't freak you out does it?"

"Yeah a little."

"Well at least they think you're a random fan and they don't know you live with me. It could be worse. You're okay, though, it's not a big deal. You'll get used to it."

"If you say so."

"Did you get to work okay? I realized after the fact that maybe I should have come with you since you're still learning how to work the crutches."

"No, I'm fine. Besides, I have to learn to do it on my own sometime. You've been a big help already."

"Yes but you know I am the crutch expert."

"If you would stop jumping off of things you're not supposed to you wouldn't have that claim to fame."

He laughed. "Yeah I always realize on my way down that I probably shouldn't have done that. But I'll let you get to work. I'll see later."

"Ok bye."