Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Boys Aren't Stupid, Just Hopeless

The next day I called Alex at 7:00 am. I didn't care that it was Saturday morning. I hadn't been able to sleep all night and neither should he.

"Hello," said a groggy voice.

"Get up Alex we need to talk."

"Reina it's 7 am on a Saturday can't this wait 4 more hours?"

"No it can't. You abandoned me yesterday. You didn't answer your phone, I was worried sick!"

"What are you talking about I abandoned you?"

"Ashlee's album release party?

"Oh."

"Oh? Does that mean you remember now?"

"Reina I'm sorry. I honestly forgot. I got invited to this party and I just said yes and went. I completely forgot about Ashlee's party."

"And all of phone calls?"

"The music was loud Reina I didn't hear any of them."

"I can't believe you did this Alex. This isn't like you, you're reliable, you're dependable."

"Listen to what your saying Reina. You're describing me like I'm you're trusty golden retriever. I'm just a guy and I like to have fun sometimes. I mess up one time and you're on my case."

"I'm not on your case. But you had me worried."

"I went out one time Reina. You shouldn't have been worried. That just goes to show that we spend too much time together that if I flake on one thing you think I died. I've been with you constantly for the past 4 months. I think I deserve a break."

I hadn't expected him to get so angry. "I didn't know that being with me was such a chore," I said quietly hurt.

"Reina I didn't mean..." I hung up. I didn't want to hear anymore of that he had to say. It was a side of him I'd never seen before and I didn't like it very much.

I was too mad to go back to sleep so I got up to make myself some coffee instead. "Why are boys so stupid Hemmy," I asked the dog as he looked up at me, head cocked to the side.

"We're not stupid. Just hopeless especially when it comes to women," said Pete's voice as he came into the kitchen. "What did Alex do?"

"Nothing it was just a stupid fight. We just...haven't had one before."

"Well it was bound to happen. I'm sure it will all work out. On behalf of all the screw ups, whatever he did, cut him some slack huh?"

I smiled. "I'll try. You're up early for a Saturday."

"Yeah I have to do this photo shoot so..."

"Say no more. I'll stop boring you with my silly boy problems so you can get ready."

"That's not what I meant. You know I'm always here right," he said earnestly.

"Yes I know. And I was joking Wentz."

"Just checking. Hey I heard that MTV is aired the footage from the week of the contest on Wednesday night and we didn't know about it. I think it's suppose to air again later tonight at 10 or something. Do you want to watch it together?"

"Sure," I said excitedly. It had been so long I didn't even remember that the footage was supposed to be shown eventually.

"Great it's a date then."