Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Collide

I peeled out of the parking lot like a bat out of hell. I was furious and at this moment I was hoping Alex would step in front of the car. As I drove my anger turned to sadness and tears began to well up in my eyes. My vision was starting to get blurry and I wiped my eyes repeatedly to try and clear out the tears but they kept coming. Suddenly I realized that the traffic light had turned red and the car in front of me had stopped but it was too late. I slammed on the brakes but it wasn't soon enough and the car slid into the car in front of me. I was shocked for a moment after the car had stopped moving and then I immediately burst into tears again and started bawling. The male driver in the other car got out and checked his vehicle there was dent and some scratches but surprisingly it wasn't that bad. Then he walked over to my car. When he saw that I was crying he opened the driver's side door. "Are you hurt," he asked frantically.

I couldn't speak so I just shook my head no. Then I found my voice. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'll pay to get your car fixed. Are you hurt? Is everyone okay? Did I total the cars?" I couldn't think straight. Everything was spinning around in my head and all I could do was blab and sob. The guy looked at me very concerned. I grabbed one of my crutches and hopped out to look at the car. I was driving the Jag and the front was smashed in. I started bawling even harder than before.

"Look miss, it's alright. Nobody got hurt that's the important thing. Cars can be fixed." This did nothing to soothe me as I kept crying. "I'm going to call an ambulance to come get you ok?"

"No, no," I said finally, "I'll call my friend to come get me." I went back to the car and took out my cell phone and dialed Pete.

"Hello," he said sounding as though he had been asleep.

"Pete I was in a car accident and I need you to come get me," I sniffled.

"Okay where are you?"

"Uh...I don't really know," I said looking around for a street sign but I was too confused to process anything. The other driver gently took the phone out of my hand and spoke to Peter. He told him what happened and where we were located. When he told me that Pete was on his way. I climbed back into the car and tried to take the time to calm myself down before he got there.

While we waited a cop came by and saw that we were stopped so he pulled over and asked what was going on. We got back out of our cars and explained what happened. Then Pete pulled up riding in the passenger seat of Patrick's Honda Civic. He immediately came over to me. "Hey are you ok," he asked me softly. I nodded. "Okay get in the car and I'll take care of everything."

I did what I was told and everything was straightened out quickly. Pete gave the other driver his insurance information and spoke to the police officer. Then he waved goodbye to Patrick as he came and got in the driver's seat of the Jaguar. I expected him to be mad or upset but he wasn't, he was very calm. We rode in silence all the way back home. I went up the stairs to my room and climbed in bed. I didn't even change my clothes. Pete came in immediately after me. "Are you sure you're okay? If you're hurt in any way I want you to get checked out."

"I'm fine," I choked. I took a deep breath and sat up trying to gather my thoughts. "I'm really sorry about your car Pete. I'll pay for the repairs or if you need to get a new one I'll..."

"Don't even think about it; I'm just glad you're ok." He walked over and sat near me on the bed. "What happened back there Reina?"

My eyes filled up with tears again. "I went to go see Alex to make up from our fight yesterday but he was...he cheated on me. While I was driving, I started crying and I couldn't see when the car in front of me stopped."

Pete moved closer and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into him. I cried into his shoulder. After I had calmed down a little he pulled me away so he could see me. "I'm so sorry Reina. You are an amazing girl, you don't deserve that," he said wiping away my tears with his fingers.

"I think I just want to go to sleep."

"Ok. Well can I stay with you until you do?"

I nodded. He took off his shoes and swung his legs on top of the bed. Neither of us were under the covers and it was ok. I turned away from him as he put his arms around me and curled me into his body. It seemed like forever that I laid there in his arms waiting to fall asleep.