Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Kids in a Candy Store

Pete laughed at me as I made a scared face when the receptionist called my name to go back to see the doctor.

"Do you want me to come back with you," he offered.

I nodded. We both followed the nurse back into the room. Pete helped me climb up onto the table and we sat in silence as we waited for the doctor. I looked disapprovingly at the scary looking instruments that were on the little metal table next to me.

Pete chuckled. "Stop making that face Reina. You're going to be fine."

Just then the doctor walked in. "Good afternoon Reina, how are you?"

"Fine and you?"

"Good. Well let's take a look at that leg shall we?"

He started doing all of these little tests to see if my leg was ready to come out of the cast. When he decided it was he explained to me how it would work and then he prepared to saw it off. I got a little nervous when he put on safety goggles and a mask.

"Why do you have to wear those," I asked suspiciously.

"It's just so that none of the particles fly into my eyes or mouth. That's all."

"This isn't going to hurt is it?"

"Only if I slip," he joked. I was not in joking mood. "I'm sorry. It'll be fine Reina. Your leg maybe tender or feel a little funny from having been in the cast for so long but it will not hurt."

I nodded. He started up the saw and moved toward my leg.

"Wait!"

He stopped the saw. "Yes?"

"I just need a minute."

"Do you want me to hold your hand," Pete offered.

I was hoping he would. "Yes please."

Pete got up and stood next to me taking my hand. "Can she lie down doc?"

"Sure."

"Lie down? Why?"

"Trust me you'll be less scared if you don't watch," he said reassuring, "Now lay back."

I did as he said. He held my hand and just kept telling me that I was doing well and it was almost over. It almost made me giggle that he was treating me like a little kid but it was keeping me calm so I let him.

"All done Reina. Would you like a lollipop," asked the doctor teasing me afterward.

"Actually I would," I smirked holding my hand out.

"Hey I should get one too for being a good helper," said Pete smiling.

The doctor just shook his head at us both as he handed them to us and led us to the waiting room.

"You know we need to celebrate you getting your cast off," said Pete once we had gotten back in the car, "What do you want to do?"

"Hmm...I could really go for a frappuccino right now."

"Really? That's all you want," he said perplexed.

"Hey it doesn't take a lot to make me happy," I said, "And since you're paying it makes it even better."

He laughed. "Alright Starbuck's it is then."