Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Never Say Die

I contemplated jumping in the driver's seat once Pete got out and leaving again until Angel gave up but I knew that would never happen so I took a deep breath and walked inside.

Ashlee must have let Angel in and Angel must have taken it upon herself to go wait in my room.

"You haven't been answering my phone call," was the first thing I heard when I entered into the room. She was perched daintily on the window seat.

"I haven't been answering anyone's phone calls."

"What's been up girlie?"

"Alex and I broke up I'm sure you knew that."

"Yeah but you could have called. I'm always up for a good man bashing session or a good burning-his-stuff-in-a-trash-can session or a good sad-romantic-movies-that-make-you-cry-'cause-they'll-never-actually-come-true-so-you-throw-things-at-the-tv session."

I had a decision to make right now. I could tell her that I knew the truth about or I could play along in her little game. Since I had promised Tessa I wouldn't tell and the latter sounded more fun I simply said, "I wasn't up for any of that. But I'm better now I think I shed some baggage along with that cast today."

"So everything's back to normal?"

"Basically," I said beginning to move around my room putting away my things.

"So did Pete ask you to come to Vegas with us?"

"Yeah, how did you know he was going to?"

"I knew Ashlee would be away, it was just a guess. This is kind of perfect though."

"For what?"

"For you to make a move on Pete. We'll be in Vegas, Sin City, right? And we'll be staying in a hotel. I'm not sure what the arrangements are yet but we might be able to work it out so that you and Pete have to share a room maybe even a bed."

"Angel I'm pretty sure if something happened with the rooming arrangements that Pete could afford to take care of it. And anyway it wouldn't matter because I'm not putting the moves on Pete."

"Come on Reina everyone thinks you two would be great together."

"Angel I don't know why we keep having this discussion. You're acting like Pete doesn't have a girlfriend. And why are you trying to push me on him anyway?" I waited expectantly to see what kind of reason she would come up with.

"You're my friend I think you would be happy with him."

"No offense Angel, but we've only been friends for a few months. Maybe you don't know what's best for me quite yet."

"Fine I'm just trying to help you out," she said hopping down from the window seat, "but it's not a big deal I'm not going to force you two together or anything. I just always thought that there was something special between you two. From the first time we all went out together and Pete couldn't stop looking at you and all those times Pete and Alex fought over who was going to look out for you and take care of you. Are you sure there's nothing there?"

"100 percent," I smiled.

"Ok it's up to you. Give me a call if you want to go shopping for something to wear to the party in Vegas okay?"

Whenever Angel left it felt like I used up all of my energy. I slowly changed into some lounge clothes and flung myself on the bed to take a nap. Just as my head hit the pillow a knock came at the door. "Yeah," I called slightly annoyed.

"Hey Ashlee and I were going to watch a movie want to join us," asked Pete.

"Uh I was just getting ready to crash actually."

"But it's the Goonies," he insisted.

"Alright I'm coming."

I dragged myself downstairs and climbed onto the overstuffed chair across from Pete and Ashlee on the couch. I was paying more attention to them than I was to the movie. Seeing them snuggled up, whispering in each other's ears and giggling gave me this sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach. I missed having that. At that moment I wished I had someone holding me and whispering in my ear.

"I love you," Pete said to Ashlee.

"I love you too."

That's the last thing I remember hearing before dozing off.