Status: A rewrite of PKF, 'cause I wasn't quite satisfied with it. Enjoy. :)

Passion's Killing Floor

Tears of Joy Fill Our Eyes

Ville and I hadn’t talked quite as much this week as we had been -he had to go to the recording studio and I had Mindy to prepare for and things to study for. Most of my time was spent cleaning. I was not a clean person by trade, I kept it somewhat okay, but I was definitely one of those people that just let clothes stay on the floor until I needed something else to wear. My sister knew I wasn’t an entirely clean person, but I knew she expected a clean house. I’m sure she didn’t want her five year old daughter seeing smoke butts, packs, lighters, leftover beer bottles, and other strange things while she was here. I didn’t want to be blamed for exposing her to the sins of legal age just quite yet.

I was currently dragging a trash bag through my apartment, room by room, picking up things and quickly shoving them in the bag. The horrible part would be lugging it out to the bins later.

My phone rang from somewhere inside the apartment and I hurried out of the spare bedroom and into the living room, seeing it laying on the table buzzing rapidly. I quickly ran to the table and picked it up.

“Haloo,” I said, out of breath from my short sprint through the house.

“Ada? Get your inhaler, you worry me when you sound like that. Anyway, when Mindy stays, please do anything to get her to talk, Okay?” my sister told me.

“Sarra, I’m fine, promise. And yeah, I’ll try. Anything else you need to tell me why I’m here?”

“Um, how long would you be willing to watch her?” she asked quietly.

I sighed and could hear it crackle in the phone speaker. I didn’t want the kid for longer than necessary, but my sister’s first honeymoon was ruined by the birth of Mindy. I knew she deserved some time for herself.

“As long as you want, I suppose.”

“Three weeks?” she asked, even quieter than before.

“Thre-” I took a deep breath and started over. “Yeah, I’ll do it. But why so long?”

“I have been with child every moment of her life since she was born, Ada. Three weeks is hardly anything. We’re going on a cruise… if you must know.”

“I understand and I’ll watch her. So just, have a good time, okay? It better be a damn good time for three weeks with her. I’m not thrilled about watching a kid, but you and Mikel deserve some time, so I’ll be spared.”

“Thank you, Ada, thank you so much.”

“Yeah, yeah, kiss my feet when you get here. Anything else?” I asked, tapping my foot on the floor, wanting to get back to cleaning.

“No, just that.”

“Okay, well I’ll talk to you later then, love.”

“Rakastan sinua, sisko. (Love you, sister)”

“Samoin, (Likewise)” I laughed, she was only saying it because she could have uninterrupted sex for three weeks because of me.

I hung up and set my phone done. Break time. I pulled out yet another smoke and lit it, inhaling the sweet smoke into my lungs. I sat down on my couch and pulled my laptop onto my legs and logged onto my messenger -in case Ville was on and went to check the usual.

Just when I was giving up on Ville being on, a message from him appeared on the screen.

“I’m finally done for the day. And god, I never thought I’d love the silence more than I do now.”

“Ha, I’m cherishing the silence. My niece is coming next week to stay for three weeks -for now- and though she doesn’t talk, she can get pretty annoying.”

“Awh, how hold is she?”

“Five. There’s the terrible two’s, tantrum three’s, fun four’s, and fucking five’s. It sucks. Stupid six’s are next and she’s got the ‘dumber than a box of rocks’ down already.”

“Oh, that’s terrible of you! But funny, sadly. I’m sure you’ll do fine with her. I mean, if I were a kid, I’d do anything you say… That came out completely different from how it sounded in my head. Oh god, that did too. I’ll just… shut up.”

I put a punch of laughing icons on the board. “It happens to the best of us. But she’s little, none of them do what they’re told.”

“True, true. Would you mind if I called you? I’d like to raid my house for food, but I can’t very well carry my computer around.”

“I don’t mid one bit. Now I can finally hear this deep voice of yours for myself.”

I laughed to myself, but butterflies swarmed in my stomach as I typed my number to him. As expected, a couple of moments later my phone rang. I reached towards the table and picked it up. I started at the screen and hesitated on answering it for a moment, but finally pushed the answer button and held the phone to my ear.

“Hello,” I answered.

“Hello, hello,” a deep voice said. Hell, he was not joking when he said deep. “I now have a voice to match the face,” he joked.

“I wish I could say the same,” I teased him.

“I’m entirely too surprised that you haven’t searched anything yet. Some women did within the first few seconds of talking to me. Then they turned to fans, which don’t get me wrong, love my fans, but it’s just a tad weird to be thinking of dating one.”

I could hear things being moved around and cabinets being opened and shut on the other end of the line, and I couldn’t keep my mind from wondering what the inside of his house looked like.

“I know what you mean. Well, I don’t but, oh you get it.” I laughed, which earned his deep chuckle in return.

“So, you don’t have to agree, but would you like to meet up for breakfast one morning?” he asked.

Well Danni will finally get her wish, I thought to myself. “Um, sure, I’d love that.”

“Good, I have to admit. I’m sitting on my couch with my knees to my chest, smiling like a little school girl. But how does Monday sound? I’m a little busy for the rest of the week,” he said. I could hear his hesitation.

“That’d be perfect. I’ve got to get ready for Mindy this week. Oh! Do you mind if I have her with me. She’ll be coming Saturday, so…”

“Not at all, darling, not at all. She sounds adorable from what you’ve said, I’d love to meet her. As well as the gorgeous girl who will be caring for her.”

My cheeks grew hot, reading it was one thing, but hearing him say it was a completely other level. “Stop,” I said, drawing out the ‘p’, “You’re making me blush like mad.”

“I bet you look lovely.”

My cheeks grew even hotter. “So Mister, do I get to see your face, or am I stuck blind searching on Monday?”

“Hmm…”

“You’re not going to leave me clueless are you?”

“Well-”

“Ville!”

“I’m kidding, darling,” he laughed. “I’ll send you a picture right now, so be watching.”

I pulled my laptop back over to me and I could hear him clicking away at his computer. Moments later the picture popped up and I heard him say ‘tada’ quietly on the other end of the phone. My breath hitched in my throat. Wow…

“Good, bad, don’t leave me hanging, Ada.”

“Good, very good,” I breathed. He laughed and I could hear it echo back through his home.

“Well, I’m glad to hear! I think I’ll minimize the screen now. I don’t like seeing myself on screens. Hell, I hardly listen to myself -only when it’s unavoidable. Like during recording. My god, our company gives us CD’s by us when they’re made so we can listen, as if I just can’t sing to myself if I really wanted to hear,” he ranted, followed by another laugh. “Sorry, that was so off-topic.”

“That’s okay. I do that, too, sometimes. I’m dreading cleaning,” I whined.

“I never clean. I hardly ever shower… that sounds gross. But I don’t find much need to, my skin is so dry. So… yeah,” he laughed, nervously.

“I’m completely agree, I’m the same way, I’m only cleaning b-”

“Because of Mindy. You’re putting in an awful lot of effort for this girl. You must really love her.”

“I do, I do, sometimes. It’s more for my sister, though. She deserves a break, yeah? So I’m just helping the family.”

“I understand. We make sacrifices for the ones we care for.”

“True that.”

“Darling, I never found any food and I’m starving. So I’m going out with a mate to get food. I’m sorry to drop you so shortly but I’ll call later, yes?”

“I’ll be waiting, Mr. Rockstar,” I laughed, pushing my laptop back on to the couch cushion and raising up, feeling my bones crack.

“And I shall return, Miss. Impatient,” he retorted. “I’ll talk to you later, love.”

“Hyvästi (good-bye). Eat good!”

“I will, bye,” he said with an amused tone, before hanging up.

I sighed deeply. I was sad to stop talking, but excited for later. Also nervous. My mind was racing and my stomach was twisting with nerves. I brought back up his picture; he was amazing. Pale skin, flawless skin, high cheek bones, brown, curly hair, and amazing emerald colour eyes.

I have finally seen his face, heard his voice, and soon I was going to meet him. At the thought, more butterflies swarmed into my stomach for an ‘Ada’s Insides Party’, as always.
♠ ♠ ♠
Working on getting the next chapters rewritten! :)

- Becca