Status: In Progress

Beauty and the Beast

V

I was running through the forest behind Merlotte's. The next second, I was face down on the ground. I tried to get up, but a foot slammed me back into the ground. I heard a snap and sharp, numbing needles shot through the lower half of my body. The next second I was on my back, a heavy weight on my stomach, causing the pain in my lower half to intensify. I went to scream, but the man on me wrapped his hands around my neck, cutting off my air supply. I wrapped my hands around his wrists trying to get him off me, but nothing seemed to be working. So, I called the first person that came to mind.

"Eric." I breathed out, hoping he would hear me.

"Dakota? Dakota, Baby wake up."

My eyes snapped open to find my dad leaning over me. I sat up and gently rubbed my neck where the man’s hands had been in my dream.

"What was it about this time?"

"Someone was trying to choke me to death behind the bar. I think he broke my spine in the dream too." I shuddered at the memory of the feeling.

"Hey. It's all right. No ones gonna get you. Not while I'm here." My dad laid down next to me and wrapped his arm around me. "I'll stay here until you fall back asleep." I closed my eyes and welcomed my dad's unusual warmth.

My dad had me stay in the trailer most of today. I guess he was really worried about my dream coming true, but that was nonsense, right?

When it got dark, I decided to go into the bar and find my dad. I heard the rustling of leaves behind me so I picked up my pace. A twig snapped to my left and I stopped in my tracks. Stupid idea. Suddenly something tackled me from behind, sending my flying into the dirt. I struggled against the person, man, as much as I could and finally broke free. I made the stupid mistake of running away from the bar and into the woods.

Suddenly there was a snap and I was face down on the forest floor. 'No no no this cannot be happening.' I thought to myself. I tried to get up, but the pain in my ankle and a foot on my back stopped me. The foot pushed me back on the ground with a sickening snap. It felt like a thousand needles were being pushed into my legs over and over again.

I was flipped over on to my back and a heavy weight settled itself on to my stomach, making it hard to breathe. A pair of gloved hands wrapped themselves around my neck, cutting off my air supply. I tried to scream, but nothing came out. Black spots began to cloud my vision and I could feel myself weaken by the second.

When I thought I was going to die at the young age of 15, the man strangling me was thrown off me by some invisible force. I started coughing from the lack of air.

A cold hand moved across my neck before wrapping around the back of my neck and gently pulling me into a sitting position, or at least as far as I could get into one. I felt like the entire bottom half of my body was missing. There was a dull ache in between my shoulder blades.

If I wasn't already sitting, I would have fallen over. Leaning over me was the vampire that had haunted my dreams since I was a child.

His long straw-blonde hair framed his handsome face. His piercing grey blue eyes bore into my light brown ones.

He ran his long fingers over my lips and down my pulse.

"You have grown so beautiful älskling."

"Is this a dream?" I whispered.

Eric chuckled. "No, this is real."

"Are you going to kill me?"

"No. Not yet." He took a deep breath like he was smelling the air before his fangs popped down.

He leaned in towards my neck and my heartbeat speed up considerably.

"Shh. It will only hurt momentarily." I gulped the best I could before his fangs pierced my skin.
It felt like knives were being pushed into my neck, blood trailing down the pale skin. Eric was right. The pain only lasted seconds before an almost calming, zen feeling came over me. The feeling of my blood leaving my body was almost pleasurabe.

But it ended all to soon. Eric pulled away, blood dripping down his chin. My blood. He pulled his sleeve down and bit into his wrist. He brought it up to my lips and I took a hesitant taste.
It was heavenly. I had never tasted anything so fantastic. Before I knew it, I had his wrist in a death grip, keeping it where I could drink.

Eric had to force me away. He gently laid me back down on the ground.

"Sleep älskling. You will be safe now."