Status: In Progress

Beauty and the Beast

VII

I laid down in my dad’s bed and pulled the covers up to my nose. I inhaled, taking in his scent with my new found ability to smell better. A couple tears escaped my eyes, but I wiped them away furiously. I heard the door open and close. My dad’s Collie jumped on the bed and sat by me.

“Hey boy.” I smiled and patted his head. He moved closer to my head and laid down. “I don’t get it. I really don’t. I mean, I had always thought my mom and dad would end up together, but that won’t happen because she’s dead...” A couple tears slid down my cheeks. I rolled on to my back. The Collie had an almost sympathetic look on his face. “I don’t know why I cried. I should be happy for him, but.....I don’t know anymore.” I sat up and hugged the Collie.

I felt like I was being pulled through a tube. The next thing I knew I was staring at my dad in one of the back rooms of the bar. He was staring at something. Suddenly, he began to shrink down until he was an exact replica of the Collie he kept as a pet. He ran out of the door and into the woods. I tried to follow him, but I was sucked back out of the tube.

I pulled away from the Collie breathing heavily.

“Oh my God. Dad?” I asked the Collie. He nodded his head and licked my cheek. “You’re....you’re a shape shifter?” He jumped off the bed and ran out of the room.

“I’m so stupid. I am so stupid.”

“You’re not stupid.” My dad said standing in the doorway, wearing only a pair of jeans.

“I am to. I just ranted about my problems to you without even realizing it. You hate me now don’t you.” I asked with tears in my eyes.

“No. I don’t hate you.” My dad said sitting on the bed. “Every one's entitled to their own opinions. And your not supposed to agree with everything I do. You’re a teenager. You’re supposed to rebel against me. I’m sorry you had to figure my secret out. How did you find out anyway?”

“I-I don’t know what happened. When I hugged you, it felt like I was being pulled through a tube two sizes to small. Then I saw you in the back of the bar staring at something. Then you started shrinking down into the Collie and you ran into the woods. I tried to follow, but I was sucked back out.”

He looked like he was pondering something deeply.

“We need to talk to Sookie. But now’s not the time. You need to get some sleep.” I laid down and he pulled the covers over me.

“I love you, sweet pea. You know that right?”

I nodded. “I love you too.” He kissed my forehead and shut the light off. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

I was running through a field. It was dark and the moon was shining bright. I looked over my shoulder, but someone grabbed me around the waist from the side. I laughed as they picked me up and set me on their hip like a child.

I stared into his blue eyes and smiled at him. He smiled back and leaned in, pressing his lips against my neck. He laid me on the ground, hovering his body over mine. His lips moved along my neck, up my jaw to my lips.

Fireworks went off in the sky as his cold yet warm lips pressed against mine. Hand moved down to the bottom of my dress, his hand sliding against the warm skin as he pushed the dress up farther and farther....

I*I*I*I*I*I*I

I felt kind of alone at Arlene and Renè's party. I hardly knew anyone in town despite being in the bar. I sat alone at one of the tables, sipping a diet coke. Everyone was out dancing to a slow song when Renè came up to me.

"Everyone deserves a dance." I took his hand and let him lead me to the floor.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and I took his hand. I tried to concentrate all my energy on him.

If it weren't for that stupid vampire, I would've had her. I heard him in my mind. My mind flashed to his and I saw myself running though the forest.

His hand moved to my low back. “So I heard about you getting attacked last night.” Rene said.

“Yeah.”

“Must’ve been pretty scary, huh?”

“It was. I thought I was gonna die.”

He muttered something that sounded a lot like ‘I wish I could’ve...’ before he pulled me a little closer. “Did you recognize who done it?”

“No, I didn’t see his face. I was to busy trying to run away.” I tried not to look in his eyes.

He chuckled a little. “Of course.”

The song ended and Rene kissed my hand and shot me a grin before walking away from the dance floor. I sat down at one of the tables closest to the bar. Renè was the man who almost killed me! I couldn’t believe it.

I looked around, searching for my dad, but I couldn’t find him anywhere. I sighed and figured he must have been in the bar. I got up and walked towards the back entrance. I felt a pair of eyes on me, but I didn’t pay any mind to it.

The bar was dimly lit and oddly quiet.

“Dad?” I yelled. I waited a couple seconds for an answer. “Dad?” I yelled a little louder when no answer came.

Suddenly the lights went out. I blindly made my way into the kitchen to find the spare flashlight that was placed there.

Suddenly, a dark shape jumped out in front of me. I tried to scream, but my air was cut off when a hand wrapped around my neck. I couldn’t believe this was happening again.

My legs gave out beneath me and the person lowered me to the floor.

“Your vampire wont be able to save you this time.” He growled.

“You like being a fangbanger, huh? You like having a dead person fuck you?”

Tears slipped down my face and I shook my head as best as I could. His grip on my neck slackened and he straddled my waist.

“How about I show you what it’s like to be with a human.” He growled in my ear.

“No, please!” I said, my voice hoarse.

His hand undid my belt and pulled it off as his nose ran along my neck until he found the light imprint of fang marks left from Eric. He unbuttoned my pants and bit down on the fang marks, drawing a little blood.

“You like that, fangbanger?”

I tried to scream as loud as possible, but nothing would come out. I tried desperately to wiggle out from under him, but his knees tightened painfully against my hips. His hand slipped down my pants and my mind went into panic mode. I began looking for anything that I could use as a weapon as he began feeling me over my underwear.

I caught sight of a pan handle in my reach. I grabbed it and hit him as hard as I could in the head. The loud bang echoed across the bar and he fell to the side. I dropped the pan and got up as fast as I could and bolted out of the kitchen and towards the door. The door opened and the lights flicked on and I ran straight into my dad and latched on to him.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

He held me at arms length and looked me over. His mouth opened when he saw the blood on my neck and the hand marks on my neck.