Pigeon Mail

Chapter 1

Originality. Something Trandora had none off. The night and ladies all dressed up in ties and dresses. The laborers shuffling behind the royal.

You can’t hold a conversation with anyone in the castle. They’re too interested in me tying the knot, just like my older sister.

Truth be told, most people think it’s because I can’t compare to her, with her long auburn locks and her posture just right.

Maybe they’re right.

“Anna-Louise.” My mother snapped, as I whipped my head up from the embroidery on the table.

“Yes, mother?” I asked, faking the most polite tone I could. The flowing dress wasn’t as heavenly and light as it looked, and it was digging into my shoulders.

“Prince Charlie from Denningway is here, awaiting to dance with you.” She looked at me, expecting me to jump right up and be the happiest girl in the world.

Contrary to my mother’s beliefs, Prince Charlie isn’t a saint. He’s a snobby rich bastard who can’t stop his head from getting bigger and bigger.

One day that head is just going to lift right off the ground.

“Mother, I’ve told you. He isn’t an angel.” I sighed, toying with my hands. Emotions flickered in my mother’s eyes, as she pondered this only for a mere second. Suddenly, she laughed.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Anna-Louise.” She laughed, accusingly. I bit my tongue to keep myself from saying something completely unnecessary.

Across the room, Prince Charlie was standing there with his shiny teeth, glancing around at all the different faces before his landed on mine. He began walking toward me, secretly laying his palm along a variety of ladies backs and bums.

I quickly turned to my mom and muttered out a sentence about feeling sick before walking swiftly back inside from the rooftop filled with dancing people.

Truth be told, I did have a horrible headache from the fake laughs of desperate woman who wanted to marry one of those bigheaded princes.

Love and marriage were two completely different things. No one who got married loved each other, and no one who you loved did you get married too. Simple.

Gliding down the marble stairs, I slipped off the silver ballet shoes, letting my bare feet slap against the staircase.

If anyone found a princess like this, who knows what would be the consequences. It scared me sometimes.

I approached the large wooden doors, I pulled them open, as I glanced around the room.

Fall air escaped through opened window, letting the satin white curtains flow in as the view looked out to the mountains. The marble flooring cooled my feet as I walked over to the mirror.

I couldn’t help but wonder what a world without kingdoms would be like. I wonder what it would feel like to let loose and walk around in what ever.

I pulled out the clips from my hair, letting it fall straight around me. No matter what held my hair up or what decorated my face. I was always plain Anna-Louise.