Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour

Emergency Room Romantics

Fat metalist. That's all I see for a second or two when I'm shoved from behind into a mass of person with a long brown ponytail and Atticus shirt. The man turns around and I can't help letting out a small giggle when I see the guy really is the stereotypical metalist, with the weird little beard too. The metalist glares at me and I push past him so I'm pressed against the small metal barriers near the front of the room.
I reach over the barrier with one hand and my fingertips brush Chris's jeans. There's smoke everywhere and the strobe lights are making my eyes ache. Behind me I can hear the shouts and yells of the hardcorers smashing into each other.

This is a normal night for me, Mia Shuttleworth. I'm at the club near me, where my favourite band Enter Shikari are headlining, so of course I had to be there. I've seen the band a few times before, but not this close and I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins.

I wipe a trickle of blood from my lower lip where I'd been in the 'pits before and sighed. I take a few deep breathes when the band started a new song then began singing along with Rou at the top of my voice.

"Go tell all your friends, that this is the end!" I push myself away from the barrier back into the mosh pit and promptly collided with some guy in a bright red tee. He smiles at me and I smile back for a second until I let the music carry me away and push into the pits.

The club wasn’t very big, so I saw the boy with the shirt a few times in that mosh pit. I was just about to go over to the boy, with his bright red shirt and sweet smile, when I was suddenly pushed from one side. I fell to the floor onto my shoulder and heard something crack or pop.

The boy was suddenly crouched next to me and pulled me up, hands underneath my arms. I whimper slightly when I lean against him and touch my hand to my shoulder, finding my fingertips covered in blood, and lots of it.

The boy pushes his way through the crowd, holding onto me until we get to the back of the club and the small room with First Aid on the door. He pulls open the door and pushes me inside, where two paramedics immediately jump up and address me, pulling all sorts of medical kit from somewhere. There are bandages flying everywhere until my shoulder tightly bandaged. I fidget all the way through, curling my fingers round my shirt when a fresh spasm of pain rushes through me, and when they're done I thank them and smile.

"I'm Frankie," I hear the boy say from beside me, and I turn to him. He looks worried and bites his lip slightly.

"I'm Mia, and thanks for that," I drop my voice, "Stupid fat metalists," The boy laughs and I smile again for a second, "You don’t have to stay here you know, go back and enjoy the gig!"

He shakes his head, "No, I wanna stay here with you Mia, you have a pretty name," He drops his voice too, "And a pretty face,"

I can feel the blush creeping up my face and hang my head slightly. There's an awkward silence and Frankie stands, "I'm going to get a drink, but I'll be back, do you want anything?"

I shake my head and Frankie nods, smiling. Suddenly there's a yell from outside in the main room, and the music breaks down into a stop. My eyebrows furrow and I stand up, trying to see what's happening.

Frankie comes back into the room, eyes darting everywhere. I notice he doesn’t have a drink in his hands, though there's a piece of glass in his hair. My eyebrows furrow again for a second but I disregard it, craning my neck to see over Frankie into the main room.

I catch a glimpse of the front of the crowd and see a flurry of movement before the paramedic tells me to sit down again. I sink back into the seat with a scowl. Frankie moves from the door and my mouth drops. Standing in the doorway to the Med. Room was Enter Shikari. Rou, Rory, Rob, and a near unconscious Chris, being held up by the others.

"Holy crap," I whisper.