Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour

Venomous Words and Schoolboy Grudges

My jaw stays open as Rou and Rory push Chris into a chair, the paramedics buzzing round them like bees round honey. I stand up and peer through them hurrying about. Frankie winds an arm loosely round my waist and I feel a little uncomfy. Rou looks up from next to
Chris and I swear I see him and Frankie glare at each other.

I stumble over my neon green low tops as Frankie pulls me a little closer and I'm positive I see him sneer at Rou. I wriggle from his grip, feeling his breath on my neck, smelling just the faintest hint of alcohol. I edge forward towards Enter Shikari, feeling a little nervous being in the same room with my Gods.

I stand on my tiptoes and see Chris slumped in a chair looking disgruntled. There's bloodied bandages and padding pressed to his arm and shoulder.

"Whoa," I whisper. Rob turns round and glances at me, smiling a little when he sees my Enter Shikari tee and hoodie.

"Hey," He says softly, stepping away from the group a little.

"H-Heyy," I say, twisting my fingers round my electric blue belt loops, "I'm, uh, Mia, and I know this sounds cliché but I seriously love you guys, you're like my idols..."

Rob blushes a bit and shrugs, "Thanks Mia,"

"What happens to Chris?" I ask, looking over Rory's shoulder, who notices and moves to the side a bit, smiling at me.

Rory answers before Rob can, standing up as the paramedics finish bandaging a pissed off Chris, "Some bastard threw a glass bottle at him," Rory mutters under his breath and looks around darkly.

There's a snort from behind us, and Frankie is slumped in a chair, laughing a little. I notice there's the piece of glass in his hand, the one that was lodged in his blonde hair before. He notices I'm staring at the shard and quickly throws it behind him.

"Oh," Rou spits, coming from next to Chris to stand between Rory and me. My heart hammers inside my chest and I sneak a long sideways glance at him, "What a surprise to see you here Frank,"

Frankie smirks a little, "Oh I was just here with Mia," He leers at me and I take a small step back, "You really should learn to control your crowds Roughton, Mia got hurt, thank God I was there to save her…"

Rou glances at me and my shoulder, smiles down at me and I feel safe. My hearts pounding against my chest and I can't seem to tear my eyes from his face, "Well thanks Frank," Rou spits, shuffling just slightly nearer to me, unnoticeable unless you were watching him carefully.

"Mind you," Frankie continues, glancing round the room, "You couldn't stop them anyway could you Roughton? I mean you couldn't even win that fight in first school, and that was against a girl..." Rou growls a little under his breath and I see his fist clench.

Rob and Rory mutter something under their breath and Chris talks from behind me, making me jump a little, "Fuck off Frank, this is our gig, we don't want any trouble, but if we have to we will," Frankie snorts and stands up, "I'd like to see you try," He gives the band one last patronising glance then walks out the room. Rou glares after him and Chris pulls on his arm from the seat, stopping him from following Frankie.

I feel confused, though I'm pretty sure that's an understatement, and just stand there like an idiot.

"Heyy, uh, Mia, is it?" Rou says, making me turn to look at him, heart jumping when he's a little closer than before, "Frank wasn't hassling you, was he?"

I shake my head, "No, um, someone bashed into me and he just helped me,"

"You better be careful of him," Rou says, glancing round and seeing no one's looking as us. He steps right close to me and the breath is forced out my lungs, "But I'll keep you safe,"

My mouth opens and closes like a goldfish, and I mentally scold myself. I've always had a little dream of Rou to say something like that to me, but now it happens I can't seem to get the words out.

He touches my shoulder lightly and I shiver despite the bandages, "Sorry that you got hurt," There's a look in his eyes that makes me think he genuinely cares, even though I'd only met him five minutes ago.

I shrug and smile, regaining my composure a little, "It's not your fault," Chris, Rory and Rob are at the door, looking at us.

"Rou are you coming? We're gonna finish off the set," Chris says, his eyes flickering between Rou and me.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a min," He says quietly, smiling at them. He turns back to me, a little closer than before, "I would kiss it better," He touches my shoulder softly, "But if I was going to kiss you, I would have to do it properly," His lips linger centimetres from mine and the breath chokes in my throat, "Hang around after the gig, and we'll..." His eyes travel up and down my body, "talk some more," He smirks and steps away, smiling and waving his hand a little at me.

Did Roughton Reynolds just hit on me? Whoa.

I'm torn, though I can't really figure out why. After all Rou Reynolds is in a band, he's gorgeous, he can scream like fuck, and he just flirted with me. Yet Frankie someone, with his blonde hair and his wicked smirk, his grudge against my favourite band.

Why do I always fall for whom I shouldn't?