Without You, I'm Just Me

Sometimes everything about us matches

Everyday got just a little better with Naomi there. I stayed over, slowly moving into the house with her; the boys were more than happy about it. We shared a bed, sleeping next to each other every night like we had been doing it for years. We talked and cuddled; we joked and we messed around, just like we used to. It was literally peace on earth.

It was seriously the best time of my life. The best time I've had in such a long time with Naomi and our sons. We spent every day together; playing and laughing came naturally, even after all that had happened.

The days passed, things got better, except for the fact that a lot of press and gossipers were talking about us. We gave them nothing to talk about, keeping it all to ourselves. The only people who really knew what was going on, was our family and Naomi's friends; Rae and Rick. They were around the most, helping us with the boys when we needed it. In the past 2 weeks, I'd grown close to them.

And then, that dreaded day came, just after spending Thanksgiving with our family. My dad and I arrived at the courthouse on December 1st. I was nervous as hell, even with all the reasons as to why I did why I had, filling my head.

I had faith and trust in my dad, but this judge could've seen through it and sentence me to hell.

I went with just my dad, keeping Naomi far away from the thought and sight of Rob. We awaited to hear what his lawyer had to say, to hear what would happen, but nothing happened. The courtroom had some press in there, Rob's lawyer was on the other side of the room, on his phone, while the judge chewed him out.

"Where's your plaintiff, Deon?" The judge growled, "We can't proceed without him!"

My dad gave me a satisfied smile. I knew what was up, I was even close to holding my breath.

"Your honor," my dad said after waiting 30 minutes for Rob to show, "I would like to have the charges against my client to be dropped, since Mr. Coppola has failed to show."

The lawyer -Deon- looked utterly distressed and defeated. My heart was beating so fast, I was expecting to throw up at any given moment.

The judge nodded in agreement, "Robert Coppola missed his opportunity to fulfill his case. The charges against Peter Wentz are hereby dropped," the gravel slammed as the judge glared at me, "Mr. Wentz, I suggest you stay on the straight and narrow."

"Yes, your honor," I exhaled. "Thank you."

The judge waved his hand; "The case is dismissed."

The bailiff led us out; the few cameras just outside the double doors went off. I held my hand up, following behind my dad; it wasn't too overwhelming, just annoying. I heard a couple of people with camera ask me what the verdict was and I just shook my head, allowing my dad to duck us out into the parking lot, escaping the crowd outside.

"I knew he wasn't going to show," my dad said excitedly, "his lawyer called yesterday wanting you to plead out without a civil trial."

"I could've done that?"

"You would've had to pay Rob an X amount," my dad informed, "I told him no, that you'd take your chance."

I chuckled, "Thanks, dad."

"Yeah, son," my dad patted my back, "you should celebrate with Naomi. I feel like celebrating too; maybe me and your mom should pick the boys up and take them somewhere."

"Nah, dad, it's okay," I dug into my pocket to get my car keys, "I really...wanna go home, see Naomi, be with the boys and be happy that I get to be with them."

My dad smiled, "Sounds like a great idea, Pete."


The smile wouldn't fade. I drove to my parents, dropping my dad off, speaking and hugging my mom for a short time before I drove home. Naomi had dropped the boys off at school, since I had to go in to court early, and I knew she'd be back at home, either having breakfast, cleaning up or sleeping. When I got there and went inside, I noticed that it was quiet, so I knew she was back in bed.

I kept silent, walking down the hall, pulling my shoes off and tossing my grey hoodie onto the top of the dresser. Naomi was lying in the bed, blanket pulled up just below her chin, tucked beneath it. I smiled, crept in under the comforter and watched her; she peeked one eye open, "You're such a creep."

I chuckled, "Yeah, so?"

She exhaled, "How'd it go? When do you have to turn yourself in?"

My smile grew, "He wouldn't show. He refused to leave his cell."

Naomi's eyes bugged, "What?"

"I got off, the case was dismissed because he didn't want to come."

Naomi smiled, "Thank God."

"My dad says we should celebrate."

"That sounds like a great idea," he sat up on her elbow, "how does pie sound? Benji's been asking if I could make a pie like I did on Thanksgiving."

"Anything with sugar sounds amazing."

Naomi scooted closer to me, pulling me into a hug, "Great. How are you?"

"I'm good," I answered, "why? Don't I look good?"

She smirked, pressing her lips to mine, "You look more than good. You look...mouth watering."

I laughed, "Are you flirting with me?"

She hummed, "Maybe. Is it working?"

"A little."

Naomi kissed me, her lips turning up against mine; she pulled back, just enough to press her forehead against mine. I could taste and smell the remnants of mint toothpaste and gum; "How are you?" I asked her.

"I had a little episode this morning, but I'm good now...I took a pill."

"You were worried, weren't you?"

Naomi let out a small sigh, "I'm always worried. I don't want him to come back."

"He's not," I assured her, "it's just us."

She kissed my cheek, "Yep. I know.

Her lips met mine again before she broke it quickly, "You look sexy in a button down, Wentz."

I smirked, "Oh, do I?"

"Mm-hm," she nodded, "you clean up well, love."

"I'm just a dirty boy tryna get off."

She giggled, "I knew you were gonna tell a dumb joke like that."

"Ah, you love it, don't you?"

"Yes, I do," she rolled her eyes, "you're a riot."

"Where do you think our kids get it from?"

She snorted, "Ha! They get their humor from me," she bragged. "Benji totally gets his sense of humor from me; he and I know what's funny and what isn't."

"What are you tryna say, that I'm not funny?"

Naomi grinned innocently at me, "I didn't say it."

"I am funny," I exclaimed, slipping my hands under her shirt. "Let me tell you a joke."

"Nah, I don't wanna fall asleep," she kidded.

I tickled her and climbed on top of her. Naomi giggled and laughed, thrashing under me as I straddled her waist, wiggling my fingers on the sides of her stomach. Her little laugh and smile sent my heart soaring; I felt so in love with her.

"Please!" She begged, "Stop tickling me! I'm gonna piss myself!"

"Say I'm funny," I bribed, "say it and I'll stop."

Her eyes shut tightly, her lips parted in a big grin; she let out a strangled laugh, trying to pry my hands off, "Pete! Please--okay! Okay! Okay, I'll say it, just stop!"

I cocked a brow and stopped wiggling my fingers, but kept them under her shirt. She giggled, "Okay, say it," I told her.

She bit her bottom lip, I could see the mischievous twinkle in her eye, "Okay," she paused, "you...will never be funny. Not as funny as me!"

Naomi laughed as my fingers attacked her again. She thrashed, "I was kiddin'!"

"I'm not gonna stop!"

"Please!" She laughed and tried to push me off, "I really am gonna pee!"

"I don't care."

Naomi giggled, "Okay! You win! You're funny!"

"Nope, that's not good enough," I said over her laughing.

"You're so hilarious!" She said between giggles, "Funnier than me! You win, Wentz!"

I stopped tickling her, earning a little playful shove. I leaned down and kissed her forehead as she took deep breaths, "I told ya I was funny."

"That wasn't fair!" She pouted.

I kissed her lips this time; she sighed and deepened it. I crept my hands up to her bare chest; Naomi broke away, "Nope, you tickled me, you get none of this," she pointed to her chest.

"C'mon," I ran my hand over her nipples, "you want it."

She pushed my hands out of her shirt, "Nope, I don't want it."

I fell on the bed beside her, "Your loss."

She scoffed, "Hmm, seems like you're the one who wants it."

"Yeah, I do," I challenged.

"Then tell me I'm funnier than you and I'll fuck you just the way you like it," she gave me this look of burning lust.

I swallowed, "You suck, Navy."

She smirked, "Yes, I do."

I groaned, "Goddammit...you're funnier than me."

She laughed and straddled me, "You men are all too eager to give up for sex, you know that?"

I retorted; "Shut up and kiss me."

•••

The days and weeks wore on; the days got easier and we were all a lot happier and stress free. Naomi and I spent the majority of our time together with the boys. Things were simple and easy.

When the New Year came and went, Naomi was starting to come out of her shell more. She had definitely been self conscious about what the public thought of her, but she bucked up and handled every question and rumor with grace. She decided to start doing a few shoots here and there, just to give her something to do.

When she was gone, I was there with the kids, and I soon started getting the itch like her. I traded off some days to DJ at a few clubs, as well as handle things at Angels and Kings. Naomi would come home and I would do a set at A&K on the weekends.

And in all that time we heard nothing from Rob.

In February, we had officially decided to get back together. I was already living in her house, so it only came naturally. I was always there, I spent time with her family and mine. All of it was way better than before. Even her dad had started to like and trust me. My and Naomi's life was becoming normal and everything I had wished it to be.

I woke up next to her, fell asleep beside her. We spent a lot of time getting to know each other again. It was like we had always been together.

Naturally, my next step was to ask her to marry me. I was thinking ahead of myself and asked Rick about it one day he had come over. Naomi had gone off with Rae to cut her hair a little; she took Lewy with her to cut his too.

"You wanna ask her?" Rick asked rhetorically.

"Yeah," I nodded; I looked at Benji, who was watching his fish, who he finally named Awesome. "Should I?"

"I dunno," Rick shrugged, looking over his phone, "if you want."

"Do you think she'll want me to--you think she'll say yeah?"

Rick chuckled and looked over at me, "I honestly don't know, Pete. You should ask after next week; did you get a ring?"

"Not yet, but I've been looking."

He nodded, smiling, "Totally ask her after the trial. It'll be great after all the stress."

"Yeah, you're right. I'm just sorta nervous."

"Don't be, she'll be happy."

There had already been rumors about us finally marrying, but Naomi and I hadn't even talked about it. We were taking it slow, and I would wait forever, but at the same time, I was so eager to ask her.

Naomi deserved for me to ask her, and she deserved to marry someone who truly loves her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another lull chapter (thanks Rae, I found a new word to describe it) but the next few will be, as my boyfriend says, CRAY-CRAY (that's really dumb lol)
Okay, side note about something that just happened a few minutes ago; You've seen Hocus Pocus right? Well, my boyfriend came over from the kitchen, got on my bed and pulled me into a hug and said "Oh Alison, oh Alison." And I responded "I'm Alison! Kiss me, I'm Alison!"

Just thought I'd share that since it's on...
Leave me some love and your thoughts :)

xxali