Without You, I'm Just Me

Sometimes love is the only thing we can call our own

I had left Naomi, it was a challenge too. I had kissed her and left, letting Lee head back in. My nerves were at ease, and I chuckled to myself as everyone looked at me as I made my way down the isle. Rae had given me a stern look, she was the maid of honor, and all I could do was shrug.

Babette and Hilary were beside Rae as the bridesmaids and they smiled at me; they wore blood red dresses that flowed down to the floor; they were plain, spaghetti strapped, but they looked pretty amazing. Patrick, Joe and Andy all gave me looks too, wondering what I did, again I shrugged; Lewy and Benji were sitting right up front with my mom, dad, Abbey and Amy. I stood at the altar with Ricky, who was dressed down; black slacks and a white button up that was untucked and the sleeves rolled up. He smiled at me, "You ready?"

"Yep," I nodded.

I exhaled as I saw William (Beckett) playing his guitar by the opening. I bit at my lip as I saw Naomi and Lee's shadows out in the hall. I was becoming nervous all over again and bit down hard on my bottom lip.

Naomi and Lee rounded in and everyone stood up. Again, I inhaled, sharply, watching her with the veil over her face. She still looked amazing from the room; I almost started to cry. She was beaming from the moment she stepped in. As she and Lee made their way down my stomach grew tighter and tighter; I almost couldn't breathe.

Naomi and Lee made it to me and he gave me her hand. He slugged my arm, earning a few laughs, I laughed softly, shaking my head. "This is it," he murmured to me.

"Yeah, I know," I replied with an exhale.

Naomi rolled her eyes at Lee, "Dad, c'mon."

Lee just shook his head and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He walked over to sit with Amy and the boys. Naomi and I stood before Ricky, who was smiling at us, "Alright, you two ready?"

"Yep," Naomi affirmed quietly, her eyes meeting mine, "You?"

"Yeah...been ready for 10 years."

She blushed and rolled her eyes at me this time. I held one of her hands firmly in mine, while her other held her bouquet filled with red and white roses; we listened to Ricky speak the usual wedding speech. I was busy looking at Naomi and feeling my stomach roll in nervousness. I wanted to kiss her, but if I did I felt as if I would fall over and take her with me. Naomi just smiled at me, her lips turned up, her eyes twinkling like she knew a secret I didn't.

"Pete?" Ricky broke my trance, "Repeat after me, dude."

I chuckled, "Sure."

"I, Pete, take Naomi to be my lawful wedded wife."

I repeated after Ricky with Naomi giggled really quiet. He continued, "To have and to hold," I repeated after him, "till death do us part."

I smirked, "Even after death."

Ricky shook his head while everyone cooed. Naomi squeezed my hand, "Dork."

Ricky went on to Naomi's part; "Alright, Naomi, repeat after me; I, Naomi, take Pete to be my lawfully wedded husband," Naomi repeated the lines, "to have and to hold, till death do us part."

"I doubt Pete'll let me go after death," she murmured; people laughed this time.

Ricky shook his head, then went on, "Before I pronounce you man and wife, Naomi had something to say."

Naomi blushed, "Yeah, I...uh, just wanted to say a little something before Patrick and Rae give us the rings," she exhaled, "I...wanted to say...that I love you - a lot. I wish it hadn't of taken so long to do this--"

"Mommy, my tooth cane out!" Benji cried, cutting Naomi off.

She laughed and let my hand go, then turned towards everyone, "C'mere, lemme see, Benny."

Benji climbed off the chair and rushed over. I laughed to myself because this was happening before we were at the official end. Naomi gave me her bouquet, picked him up and looked at his mouth, "That's awesome, Benny Boy, does it hurt?"

He shook his head and showed me his little tooth, "My mouth don't hurt no more."

Naomi kissed his cheek, "Keep it in your pocket and we'll put it under your pillow tonight. I'm gonna put you down so me and daddy can finish this, okay?"

Benny nodded and let Naomi set him down; he leaned against my leg. I couldn't stop laughing at this, neither could anyone else. Ricky was amused too, "You wanna go on?"

Naomi shook her head, "Benny made my point. But there is one more thing."

We all looked at her as she reached under her veil, then she held it up. It was a folded 5 dollar bill. I laughed as she held it out to me, "You win."

I took it, handing her bouquet back, "Thank you."

"The rings then," Ricky said to Rae and Patrick.

I turned to Patrick, he smiled and gave me Naomi's ring. I turned back and Naomi took my hand in hers.

"Repeat after me," Ricky told me, "with this ring I thee wed."

I could barely speak the words as excitement shot through me. I slipped the ring on Naomi's hand; "Naomi, after me," Ricky told her, which she nodded to. "With this ring I the wed."

Naomi exhaled and slipped the ring on my finger, "You're stuck with me," she murmured.

I only smiled, shaking my head. I still couldn't believe it.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. Kiss 'er if you want, Pete."

I couldn't stop myself, I lifted her veil before I grabbed her and kissed her. Everyone around me was clapping, Naomi's lips turned up against mine and Benji groaned, "Ew, stop that!"

We parted and Naomi giggled, "Sorry Benny," she picked him up, "wanna have cake?"

He grinned, showing off the space where the front tooth was missing, "Yeah!"

"You'll have to go with Papa, okay? I have to change."

Benny agreed, letting Naomi hand him over to Lee. Naomi took my hand and ushered me out to the room she had been in before. She shut it, and began to undress; "Do you wanna change?" She asked me.

I shook my head, still a little awestruck, "Nah...nah."

Naomi slipped her dress off, "Are you still nervous?"

I shook my head, "I'm relieved...happy."

Naomi stood in front of me in just her underwear, "Congrats to you, Peter. You now have $5, what are you gonna do with it?"

I smirked, "I'm gonna toss it at you when I have you strip for me later."

Naomi laughed, "Funny."

"I'm not joking."

She pat my cheek, "You're gonna need a lot more 5s to get a dance from me."

I kissed her, "Not a problem."


It felt like there were a lot more people when we got to the reception. Naomi and I were applauded when we entered; she wore this black strapless dress that went to her knees and was silky. It had lace too around the hem, it went with the theme of her dress.

We were surrounded by the entry and hugs were given. I saw a lot of my friends and they joked and congratulated me. There was music playing, I saw Joe DJing with Patrick's help. There was a lot of dance music playing, I wondered who picked the tunes; Joe or Patrick.

Naomi and I sat at the table with our family and friends, letting Lee make us a toast. It was cool, it was a lot better than my first marriage, I hadn't really paid attention then. My mom then spoke, then Patrick, who got a little tipsy and was dirty dancing with Sabrina by the end of it. We cut the cake and then ate with the boys in our laps; Rae had changed Lewy's clothes, only Benji stayed in his suit.

"I don't wanna lose my tooth," he said when I asked him why he hadn't changed. "'N' I look like a spy man!"

Naomi had him in her lap and was looking at his mouth, "I think I see another one that's gonna come out, Benny."

He grinned, "Cool!"

Lewy sat on my lap and ate, then he got up and started to play with Christina. Benji didn't want to do anything but stay with us, mostly Naomi. I had gotten up a few times to say hey to Willilam, Gabe, Trav, Brendon and Spencer.

My mom and Hilary had taken pictures of us, then Naomi and I danced. It was funny, she kept telling me how cheesy it was while she pressed her head against my shoulder; "Dude, I am so much taller than you," she said with a small laugh.

"I hope the boys are taller when they're older."

"I think Lewy will, he has my genes," she giggled.

"Poor Benji," I murmured humorously.

"He'll win over tall people with his jokes, you know that."

"Yeah, I don't have to worry about him."

By the end of the night we were all tired, especially Naomi. So, we thanked everyone and headed out, letting Lee take the gifts for us. We gathered the boys and began to leave, in between getting to the car we were still saying bye to everyone. Once we were on the way home, Naomi and the boys fell asleep. It was funny, I didn't mind it, I found gold in it actually.

I took several pictures of them and put it on twitter; All wedded out

I took them into the house one by one. Benji first, then Lewy, and then Naomi. She had woken up when I unbuckled her seat belt though, "We're home?" She asked sleepily.

I nodded, "Yep. The boys are already inside."

Naomi yawned, "Thanks."

I hummed, "C'mon, lemme help you."

Naomi climbed out and wrapped her arm around my torso then closed the door. I led the way up to the house, through the hall and into our bedroom. She sat herself on the bed and began to slip her dress off.

"I'm gonna go change Benji," I told her.

She yawned again, "'Kay. Night."

I smiled, "Goodnight."

I headed off to Benji's room and found him sitting up, "Daddy."

"Hey, you should be asleep."

"Tooth Fairy," he mumbled while holding his hand out with his tooth in it.

I took his tooth and set it under his pillow, "There, she'll be here."

Benji let me take his suit jacket and pants off and then his button up. He was in his pajama pants and white t-shirt by the time he fell asleep again. I made sure he was knocked out before I took his tooth and slipped a dollar under his pillow. I kissed the top of his head, turned on his night light and left his room. I returned to the bedroom and found Naomi sitting up like Benji had been.

"His tooth," she murmured, "did he give it to me?"

I took it from my slack's pocket, "Already took care of it."

She smiled, "Thanks."

I kissed her, "Yeah, no problem at all."

"Take your clothes off and get in here with me," she yawned.

I chuckled and did as she said. We didn't fool around, we were both tired. I fell asleep with my head on her chest and her fingers in my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's not the end! A few more chapters and will be. Still sad about it, but all good things must end.

Shameless Plug Time:
His Car Crash Heart
Youngbloods
The Chase

And lets not forget the most important plug of all!
VOTE FOR FALL OUT BOY

Thanks loves!
xxali