Without You, I'm Just Me

I'm good to go for something golden

Naomi arrived on Saturday morning; the boys were outside in the backyard helping Andy work out and playing with Bear. Andy offered to watch them while they swam, too, so I was inside cleaning up for Naomi. I had a feeling she'd be tired when she came home.

"I'm home!"

I grinned when I heard her; the door slammed behind her; "I'm in the living room," I called back.

Naomi walked in, set her bag down on the couch and immediately wrapped her arms around me, "I missed you," she exhaled.

I hugged her back, "I missed you too, babe. How was it?"

"It was great! I got some new lingerie that you're gonna love," she hummed. "How was everything while I was gone? Where're the boys and Bear?"

"It was fine, you know. Andy's in the back with them, they're swimming."

She pulled back and kissed me, "What'd you do?"

"I got the cake ordered, our folks's gifts for Lew came, and the invites for Lew's party went out on Friday."

She smiled, "Good job."

We parted and she grabbed her bag, "I'm gonna go shower and wash this freakin' glitter off my chest, then I am going to put my undies away and see my boys."

"I'm gonna help."

She laughed as I followed her up the stairs. In our room, she began to undress while I sat on the bed, "Hey uh, I told Andy about getting the band back together."

Naomi turned to face me in just her shirt, "Yeah?"

"He's excited. I'm gonna talk to Patrick and see Joe when we go to Fashion Week."

She smiled, "That's great babe!"

"I'm excited, I can't wait."

Naomi pulled her shirt off, revealing herself to me, "I'm happy for you, Pete. I bet Patrick and Joe'll be just as excited as you and Andy."

I bit at my lip, "I hope so."

"Now you can get your studio started down in the basement!" She added.

"Yeah, I just wanna make sure they'll wanna do it."

"I'm sure they will."

I watched Naomi get completely nude and head to the bathroom. I exhaled and followed after her, watching her turn the shower on and grab towels. She faced me, "Are you just gonna watch or are ya gonna make a move?"

I smiled and shut the door, locking it behind me. The room began to get hot and foggy; I stripped down and followed Naomi into the shower, letting the water hit me. I cornered her and pulled her to me, grabbing her hair and kissing her harder; she giggled against my lips and ran her hand down my chest.

I grunted against her mouth when I felt her grab my cock and stroke. I pulled back, "Goddamn, I've missed you."

"Mm-hm, you've been deprived for nearly 2 weeks since I've been so busy," she kissed my neck, "I've missed you too, baby."

I sighed, resting my forehead on her shoulder, while she continued to build me up. My stomach and balls tightened, "Fuck, that was fast."

She laughed, "Already?"

"Yeah," I sighed again, "you're gonna havta stop, I don't wanna cum yet."

Naomi released me, trailing her hand up my chest, I let out a small grunt.

"We haven't done it in a shower in ages," she murmured.

I grabbed her and turned her around, "Bend over."

She laughed, "Oh, are you tryna act rough with me?"

I laughed under my breath, grabbed her hips and lined up behind her. Naomi let out a moan when I got closer, barely pushing my tip into her. My stomach rolled, I wanted to just slam myself into her, but I took my time. She mewled when I finally entered her, she looked back at me and bit her bottom lip. I growled, "Baby, you're beautiful."

Naomi moaned again, she pressed her hands against the wall, "Move."

I rolled my hips slowly at first, enjoying the sounds Naomi made, the way she touch herself and the way she panted my name. I could barely take it, I ran my hands up and down her sides, then her back and spine. My hand grabbed a fistful of her wet hair, tugging her back to me, still rocking against her.

"Oh God," she cried loudly, "right there!"

I laughed against her shoulder, "Harder?"

She nodded shortly, "Uh-huh!"

I couldn't stop smiling, my whole body was in pure bliss against her. I rolled my hips harder, pushing her back down in front of me. She cried out continuously, begging for more, for me to pull her hair and fuck her harder. I obliged my girl, giving her everything I had until it was almost too much.

Naomi whined and stood with her back against my chest; her hand came back to grab my hair and tug it. I caught her mouth with mine, kissing her as I felt her tighten around me. She broke away, "I'm almost there."

I grunted, "Me too, baby."

I felt my peak rise and build; it hit me like a wave. Naomi growled, her body tensed as she came right after me. She began to kiss me again, her hand still in my hair and pulling my face against her.

My hips rolled against her ass until both of our orgasms subsided. She let out a sigh against my mouth, our noses brushed, "I love you."

My lips turned up, "I love you too."

I pulled out and twirled her around to face me. I kissed her again, deeper and passionately. Naomi raked her fingers through my hair; we parted, her fingers cupped my cheek, "I really did miss you. I really don't like to leave."

"I know what you mean. I know exactly what you're talking about, baby."

Naomi smiled, "I bet. Let's wash up and get out of here so I can see my baby boys."

•••

It took me a good 2 weeks to get all the equipment I wanted down into the basement. It was slowly coming together, I knew Patrick would know how to work most of it, so I wasn't too worried about it. I was only nervous about bringing up the band to Patrick and eventually Joe.

I set the last box down and headed back upstairs. Andy was on the couch watching some dinosaur documentary with Lewy, while Naomi was in the kitchen helping Benji with his homework. He's a quick learner, he already knows how to subtract and add fast, he just hates geography; Naomi was helping him how to write his spelling words.

I ruffled his hair as I sat beside him, "How's it going?"

Naomi looked at me, "He's getting it."

Benji looked at me, "This stuff is hard!"

"Yeah, I know. Sorry buddy."

"C'n I quit school and hang out wit you dad?" He brushed his hair out of his face.

"No way," Naomi said before I could respond. "You have to go to school, because if you don't, who are your friends gonna play with?"

Benji sighed, "Fine...I hate writing!"

Me and Naomi laughed, I patted his back, "I know how you feel, Benny."

"Benji!" Lewy called, "Come look! The T-Rex is eating another dinosaur!"

Benji looked at Naomi, "C'n I go see?"

Naomi smiled, "Yeah, go ahead, your brain needs a break."

Benji grinned and hopped off the chair and shot off. I chuckled, "That kid is a riot."

"Yeah he is. I can't believe he's 5 already...and Lew just turned 7!" She shook her head. "It feels like just yesterday they were learning how to walk and talk."

I suddenly felt bad about it; I missed that stuff; "I'm not gonna miss again," I said aloud.

Her brows furrowed a little, "Miss what again?"

"When we have another kid, I'm not gonna miss their first word or their first steps."

"I know," she smiled, "I was just saying, the boys are getting big. I just can't believe it."

"They look like me a lot now."

Naomi laughed, "Benji looked exactly like you when he was born; he had a lot of hair, he had your unibrow, too! It went away, how weird."

I smirked, "He got lucky."

"Speaking of lucky," she got up and began to put Benji's stuff away, "how's the studio coming along?"

"It's gettin' there," I shrugged. "I need Patrick's help, though, he knows everything."

Naomi zipped up Benji's backpack, "Where're you gonna ask him?"

"Soon...I should call him and thank him for the Ninja Turtle toys he sent Lew. I've been busy."

She sat beside me, "You've been Mr. Mom. Thanks for being so understanding about all of this, too."

"You did it for me, why shouldn't I do it for you?"

She kissed my cheek, "You get to see the funny stuff they do now. And, when the band gets back together, how're we gonna do it?"

"With the boys?" She nodded, and then I sighed, "I didn't even think about it...I don't know, it's gonna be rough."

"They have school...maybe I can pay Ricky and Rae to help...they've been thinking about marrying and I know they'll be settled...maybe I could have them be our nannies."

I chuckled, "You sure about that?"

"Yeah, Rae and Ricky love the boys. I know they'll be okay with them, and I'm not always gone, I'll always be near. But when you guys come back, you'll probably be playing and flying everywhere."

I couldn't stop myself from grinning, "Oh man, it's gonna be crazy."

Naomi smiled too, "I know it will, and I can't wait. It'll be cool for the boys to see you and the guys perform and shit. They were way too little before, now they'll be able to appreciate it."

"Now you got me all excited," I laughed.

Naomi stood and kissed me, "Well aren't you lucky that I'm your wife?"

"Every day."


"You wanna do what?"

"Me and Andy, we wanna get the band back together."

The way I had said it had come out like I was some old, stale has-been begging a label for another chance. But this wasn't some label and I wasn't a has-been, basically a never-was, actually. Patrick was on the other end, and he was busy with playing his music, so I don't think he heard me.

"Are you serious, or are you just joking?" Patrick asked in a serious tone.

"We're serious."

Patrick was quiet for what felt like a full minute. He hummed, "Really?"

"Really."

"I don't know. I...I'm in a rut right now, I don't know what I need--"

"You need your band, Patrick! I saw what you wrote on your site...I didn't want to barge into your life, but c'mon, you aren't a 27 year old has-been! This is what needs to happen! Me and Andy are all for it, and if you're in, then all we gotta do is convince Joe."

"Are you serious, Pete?" He sounded scared.

"Yes! Totally serious! I've got some equipment, I've been writing, me and Andy both! It's not just me."

"You haven't asked Joe?"

"Not yet."

"When do you plan on it?"

"June, Naomi's got an invite to fashion week, Andy's gonna watch the boys for us, and I'm gonna go see Trohman."

"You got equipment?"

"Not like your stuff," I answered. "I got a 4-track recorder, I got two guitars, keyboard, mics...my basement is basically gonna be it. If we do this, I want us to get back into shape before we tell the fans--even before we tell Island."

Patrick chuckled, "That's smart, dude."

"I don't want it to blow up in our faces and I want the fans to be surprised."

"Okay. Okay...I'm down."

"For real, Trick?"

"Yes, Wentz, I'm for real," he chuckled again, "I'll head out there when Joe agrees. I can hook everything up."

"Thanks, man."

"It's no big deal...well, it kinda is. You're welcome. I'm actually really excited now. Joe better say yes."

"I'm betting on it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Remember, this is a fictional story so I'm not going to add all of things that's ever happened with the guys