‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

Tanner Freakin' Letang!

“Addie, I have to break up with Kelsey” I said quietly. “I don’t know how . . .”

“Yes you do. You know how to Tanner, and you’ll do it in a manner that will spare her feelings. You’re too kind.”

“I’m not kind. . .”

“Yes you are. You know where I learned the positive twist on bad news? You Tanner. When we were kids you would always deliver the bad news with a positive twist. When you lost my favorite teddy bear, the one I lent . . “

“Lent to me for the plane ride . . .”

“You were so scared to fly and Teddy helped me . . .”

“I left him on the plane.”

“And you told me that but then you told me about all the other kids that would have him to help them on their plane rides. And he would keep them safe.”

“See the only positive spin I can put on this is that I’m going to be happy. I get to be happy and she gets to be pissed.”

“It’s a good twist for us though” she said looking into my eyes. “Right?”

“Right. Well when we break up with our . . .”

“Yea . . . I can’t break up with him over the phone though.

“I know you can’t Addie. You’re too good of a person to do that. You would never take the cowards way out and break up with someone over the phone.”

“This isn’t what I was planning for this weekend . . .”

“What were you planning?”

“Oh movie dinner hockey, the usual.”

“You want to go to the rink?” I suggested.

“Yes!” she said instantaneously a wide smile spread across her face.

“You don’t sound too excited about it” I joked.

“Let’s go” she said jumping off of my lap doing a dance. “I haven’t been in forever! Tan let’s go! Tanner come on!”

“Fine if you really want to go Addie I guess we’ll go.”

“Don’t tease me!”

“You’re the only girl I know who would rather play hockey than make out on the couch.”

“Meh, you’re not that good. . . “

“At . . .” she shrugged, “Addison . . .”

“Tanner . . .let’s go play some Hockey! NOW!”

“I’m not that good?”

“At hockey, I win always. Addison Crosby is way better at hockey than Tanner Letang.”

“It’s not fair you got the Crosby genetics” I said grabbing my bag from the closet. “You have your skates at least?”

“Its in the car.”

“You really brought it?”

“Of course I did. I am Addison freakin‘ Crosby!”

“Yes, yes you are” I said wrapping my arms around her waist, kissing her on her temple. “Addison Freakin’ Crosby.”

“Tanner Freakin’ Letang! You’re awesome, my best friend in the whole wide world. You’re my bright and shiny star” she smiled up at me.

“Bright and shiny star Addie really?” She nodded with a smirk before kissing me with her soft beautiful lips. “You’re my bright shiny star Addie. My star.” She giggled her infectious adorable giggle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a little short. . . I don't have much more written so I am going to try to re-gain my motivation for this story. . . try. I don't have very much left that's already written.

Comments please. Let me know you're at least liking it. If you have suggestions I'm open to that too