‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

Home.

“Addie, Tanner, You guys made it finally” Aunt Janie said pulling us into warm welcoming hugs. Tanner and I hadn’t decided how we were going to tell everyone that we were together yet so we were keeping a small distance. “Tanner why don’t you help Addison take her bags up to her usual room, everyone is here now!”

“Alright mom. We’ll be down in a minute” he said leading the way up to our rooms for the next couple of days. Once we got upstairs we both released a heavy sigh. I turned towards him and smiled resting my hand gently on his shoulder. “We’re going to have to get this over with as soon as possible. Otherwise I’m not going to be able to control myself.”

“Yea, I just don’t know how . . .”

“I know you’re worried about your dad” he said setting my bags on the foot of my bed. “Everything is going to be fine Addie.” He pulled me into his chest his arms wrapping tight around me.

“I know” I replied letting my hands rest on his back. I looked up at him knowing that he was right, Daddy might not be thrilled that we were together but we’re in love. It was bound to happen eventually. “Let’s go back down.”

“Alright.” He kissed me lightly before taking my hand, leading me towards the back staircase, he didn’t let go until we within eyesight of our families.

“Ooooh Tanner . . .”

“What Ren?”

“You and Addie are under the mistletoe” he sister said pointing above our heads. I looked to Tanner with a smirk daring him to really kiss me. “You have to kiss her its like tradition or something.”

“It’s true” my mom said giving us a look that I couldn’t quiet read.

“Oh fine” I said pulling him closer and planting a soft kiss on his lips. He reacted quickly, lacing his hand into my hair holding me close to him. When we parted I couldn’t help but smile, Tanner too. He slid his hand down to hold onto mine and we walked out of the doorway into the kitchen where our mothers and his sister were sitting. “I guess we got telling them out of the way” I said in a whisper.

“Maybe we’ll have to test out the mistletoe later?” Tan suggested a little louder than I had.

“Whoa” Renne said looking at us wide eyed.

“Addie, is this what I think it is?” my mom asked, as Tanner wrapped his arm around my waist. “Are you two finally together?”

“Well, if you mean in the sense that we are standing together . . .”

“Addison don’t toy with me” she said in her motherly tone.

“Yea, ok geesh!” I said looking into Tans eyes.

“FINALLY!” she said throwing her hands up in victory, something that I inherited. Tanner and I laughed at our moms and his sister.

“We’ve been waiting for 21 years for you two to realize you should be together” Aunt Janie said hugging mom.

“Yea well, daddy has made it clear that he didn’t like the idea of this so if we could not throw it in his face the second he walks in that would be great” I said holding onto Tanners waist.

“He’ll live peanut” my mom said smiling wide. “Oh I’m so happy! Finally!”

“Why are you so happy Katie?” I heard behind me, my arms dropping from Tanner’s waist, my face felt cold. “Addie, come here peanut” he said smiling with his arms open.

“Hey daddy.”

“How was the drive?”

“Long.”

“Long Adds? You slept most of the way” Tanner said from his spot next to the kitchen island.

“It was still long none the less Tan. Whither I slept or not doesn’t change to duration of the drive” I said looking at him with a satisfied smirk, I was right and he knew it. “Daddy, can I talk to you in private?”

“Sure thing sweetheart. Tanger mind if I borrow your office?”

“No problem” Uncle Kris said walking over to the dining table. My dad and I walked towards the office and took a seat at the small couch that sat against one wall. I was scared to see his reaction.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry so short but i'm putting up another soon . . . very very soon.