‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

Heads Up.

The rest of the evening was, interesting. I felt like everyone was watching Tanner and I, every move we made was under a microscope. I could hear our moms sigh in contentment everytime he moved a strand of hair from my face, we’d look into each others eyes for longer than 30seconds, give each other a quick kiss, or simply hold hands. But if I was to be completely honest I loved every minute of it.

“I’m going to go to sleep, I’ll see you in the morning” I said standing up from my seat with Tanner.

“Night Addie” he said as I bent to kiss him

“Good night Mom, night Daddy.”

“Good night Peanut.”

“Uncle Tangs, Jane.”

“Good night Addison.”

I wasn’t in my room for 10minutes before there was a knock on the door. I pulled my shirt on walking to the door.

“Hey” I said letting Tanner in.

“I didn’t get to say goodnight properly” he said stepping into the room shutting the door behind him. His hands instantly landed on my waist pulling me towards him, our hips flush with each other.

“Well then.” He stepped us closer to the bed lifting me so my leg wrapped around his waist. “Tanner” I whispered my hands lacing into his hair. He placed me gently on the bed, pressing his lips firmly to mine, his body hovering over me.

“Good night Addie.”

“Tans” I sighed.

“I love you.”

“I love you too” I smiled. He stood with a smirk. “What the hell?”

“I just came in to say goodnight.”

“Lame sauce.”

“Lame sauce?”

“Yes, lame sauce” I said sitting up looking at him. “But whatever you’re sleepy. Time for bed sweetheart.”

“Your dad gave me a look when I left the living room, like if I even thought about trying to sleep with you he’d check my ass.”

“I’d like to check your ass” I smiled. “You have a pretty nice ass.”

“Yea, your ass is pretty damn fine too” he said wiggling his eyebrows at me. “That ass has played a very big role in my sexual fantasies since puberty.”

“Tanner. Good night” I said pushing him lightly towards the door. “See you in the morning” I added kissing him lightly. “Love you Tans.”

“Love you Addie” he said running his fingers through my hair before kissing my forehead.

“Morning Daddy” I said walking to the coffee pot that I know aunt Jane got just for me and mom.

“Good morning Addie, sleep well peanut?”

“Yea, you?” I asked stirring in my creamer.

“It was alright.”

“Daddy, thanks by the way, about the Tanner thing.” I turned towards him taking a sip of my coffee.

“No problem baby girl.” I smiled walking around the counter and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. “I love you, I want you to be happy.”

“I love you too pops. And I am happy, very happy.”

“Is everyone else still sleeping?”

“As far as I know.”

“Why are we up so early?”

“Honestly don’t know daddy.”

“Well then.”

“Daddy thank you, for trying with me and Tanner.”

“If he hurts you Addie.”

“I know. And if he’s still alive when I’m done with him you’ll have your turn. But daddy, right now he’s amazing and my best friend.”

“I hope that it works out for you peanut. I want you to be happy.”

“I love you daddy, just promise me that this isn’t going to effect his chances with the team.”

“That’s pretty much decided already” he said sipping his coffee. “I’m not going to tell you what that is though.”

“That’s fine.”

“You planning on coming down for a game before winter break is over?”

“Wouldn’t miss it” I said leaning against the counter. “Except for that jerk Kraus, I love the team.”

“I know how you feel about him” he laughed. “I have something serious to talk to you about Addison.”

“Ok?” I whispered.

“You know that Mario has seen better days.”

“Yea, he’s alright isn’t he?”

“For now, his kids don’t want to keep the team.”

“What? Are they crazy?”

“Yea, I suppose they are a little crazy.”

“What’s he going to do with the team then?”

“That’s the thing peanut. He wants to leave it to you.”

“What! You’re kidding right?”

“I’m not kidding. That’s why I wanted to talk to you about it.”

“I can’t believe it” I said in a hushed tone.

“It’s only if you want it.”

“Of course I do. Daddy this is the closest possible way I can be on the team. I thought about maybe just working for one but . . . I could own one.” I am in awe.

“Well then when you’re in Pittsburgh you can sit down with him and talk about it some more.”

“Does anyone else know?”

“His family.”

“Ok” I said taking a deep breath. “That’s a lot to take in.”

“I know that’s why I wanted to give you a heads up, give you time to process before meeting with Mario.”

“I can’t believe he wants to give it me.”

“He does.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to post. Wasn't sure what to do honestly. I'll try to post soon but I'm loosing steam on this one. Any suggestions are welcome.

Comment please =)