‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

They're So Young.

I woke before her, and couldn’t seem to pull away from her. I thought about going down for a quick workout however looking down as she slept peacefully I couldn’t. Gosh she’s beautiful, I am one lucky man. My wife is too gorgeous.

“I can’t sleep with your staring at me Tans” she said, her eyes still closed but a smile formed on her beautifully pink lips.

“Sorry love” I whispered brushing her hair from her face. “I can’t seem to help myself.”

“Well isn’t that sweet” she murmured, looking up at me with sleepy eyes. “I love you Tanner. You’re adorable, handsome, so kind, and honestly hot as hell.”

“I could say the same thing about you.” I kissed her forehead, resting my nose against hers. “You are beautiful.”

“I know” she sighed with her adorable little smirk.

“And full of yourself.” She laughed, sliding her cold toes beneath my legs. “Geeze you’re so cold.”

“Warm me up” she said matter-of-factly. “You’re a fantastic space heater Tanner.”

“I’m glad I can be some use.”

“I mean I needed you to make little blip . . .”

“True, I had fun making the little guy too.”

“Same here” she said snuggling closer to me. “Do you think we’ll be able to hide out for a bit?”

“Not for long. You’re probably going to feel sick in a bit and then we’ll get you some toast and tea.”

“Boo, I just want to cuddle with my hubby.”

“Too bad little blip won’t let us.”

“You love little blip huh?”

“Yea, I do” I smiled, rubbing her stomach lightly. “I love you both.”

“We love you too.”

“Oh? You both do huh?”

“Yep. I kinda have to now, had no choice really. I don’t know what their excuse is.”

“Ouch Adds.”

“I mean my excuses are a little biased, you’re handsome, and funny. You’re crazy charming. I love you so much Tans.”

“Love you too, you’re so beautiful, and kind. Warm and generous. And ridiculously gorgeous. I mean seriously, how did I get so lucky?”

“I don’t know. You really are lucky. From what I’m hearing, I’m pretty damn awesome” she teased. “You are the most kindhearted man I have ever known, and the most handsome. I’m a lucky girl.”

“I’m a lucky boy.”

“Damn straight” she winked. “Damn it, I need to go, I’m going to be sick.”

“Called it” I whispered moving out of her way. I watched as she ran to our bathroom from my seat in the bed. She really is beautiful, that glow that people always talk about, she has it. I crawled out of bed and pulled a pair of sweats over my boxers, and a shirt over my head. “Addie, I’m going to start some tea for you.” She groaned her response, I wish there was more I could do to help her feel better, but as far as I know I can’t do much more than bring her tea and toast.

When I got down to the kitchen Uncle Sid, Aunt Katie, and my parents were up sipping coffee and eating breakfast. I stopped before they saw me, hearing that they were talking about Addie and I.

“They’re so young” my mom said.

“We weren’t much older really” dad countered. “Besides they had a head start on finding each other.”

“That’s true” Uncle Sid agreed. “We all met around this time and it was just over a year before we were married and having them so. . .”

“Sidney Crosby. I don’t believe my ears. Are you actually happy about this?” Aunt Katie said in a joking tone.

“Yes, I actually am. I’m getting too old. And really there isn’t anything I can do about my baby girl having a baby. It was bound to happy eventually.”

“You know I vividly remember you yelling at Tanger to keep his French-Canadian son away from your Addie. Finally come to terms with that sugar?”

“Yes, I suppose I have” I couldn’t help but smile, it seems that the one who were worried the most were our mothers, “besides, he’s good for her. They’re happy together.”

“I can’t believe I’m hearing this” Aunt Katie said smiling down at her husband.

Both of our parents are by far the best examples to have in our lives. They’ve been through a lot, some days they weren’t sure if it was going to work out but they stuck it out and made things work. They fixed their problems instead of running from them. I remember more time than I could count waking up as a kid seeing my dad sleeping on the couch. But mom always forgave him, for whatever he did to wind up there. And I know for a fact that Addie’s parents fought too, she’d call me crying worried they’d divorce a few times when we were teenagers, but again they worked things out. No matter what they stuck it out because that’s what they vowed each other.

“Morning” I said walking into view. “You didn’t start Addie’s tea did you?”

“Actually I did” her mom said pointing to the kettle. “How is she this morning?”

“Like clockwork. Morning sickness was right on cue” I replied unable to hide my smirk. Is it bad that I’m happy?

“Sounds about right” she nodded placing bread in the toaster.

“She’ll probably be down any minute, starving and thirsty.”

“Ready for playoffs Tanner?” Uncle Sid asked.

“Yes and no” I admitted pouring my coffee. “I think I’m going to be too worried about Addie for a while.”

“Understandable. But you have to block it all out, out there.”

“Yea, it’s just going to be difficult when I’m worried about Adds.”

“That’s good to hear too” he said placing a hand on my shoulder. “I know you’re taking care of my baby. Thank you for that. I couldn’t let her go for anyone less deserving.”

“Thanks Uncle Sid.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long, again. I'm winding down this story probably only a couple more posts then that's all for now of Tans and Adds. However I am thinking about doing a Kris/ Janie story. not sure yet. Let me know what you think.