‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

Be Careful

Our families decided to come and stay with us, with Addie so far along and the season just starting back up we have a lot going on. Any day now our family will be forever changed, for the better of course. The nursery is set up waiting, Adds has been getting everything where she wants it, clothes are washed, and the hospital bag is waiting in the car. As I sit in my stall half dressed praying that everything goes well tonight for the season opener and with the delivery.

“Hey there Tans” I heard, looking up I saw my beautiful wife, and her large baby bump, wearing my jersey and jeans.

“Hi beautiful” I whispered standing to pull her into my arms. I let a hand run down to our creation, and felt a tiny hand push against mine. I smiled feeling Addison rest her head on my shoulder.

“We just wanted to give you a good luck kiss before heading up to the box.”

“Well I can’t complain about that now can I?”

“Nope as much as I hate sitting in the box there is no way I’m going to be able to wiggle through the crowd with this” she said rubbing her belly. “Good luck, be careful.”

“I will be, if anything happens call the. . .”

“I know” she whispered, she placed her hand gingerly on my face. “I love you, we love you” she added with a smile.

“I love you too” I whispered kissing her gently just as the cat calls began. “Oh, you all can go fuck yourselves!” Addie giggled, pulling me down again, pressing her mouth against mine.

“Go get ready. I’ll be fine with our family up in the box.”

“You have security walk up with you Addison I mean it” I ordered. “I don’t want anything to happen with no one around to take care of you.”

“Ok, ok Tans. I’ll have Steve take me up.”

“Good” I smiled walking her to the door. “I’ll see you soon.”

“See you soon” she whispered before walking over to Steve.

It was the second period when my world stopped. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion and in warp speed at the same time. Tanner was hit hard, he laid on the ice for a few minutes before they carried him off to the training room, I went as fast as I could to him only to see them loading him into an ambulance. The trainer was with him but waved me over just as he was about to climb in as well.

“I’ll follow in my car, you go with him” he said helping me up into the back.

“Addie” I heard my husband say groggily.

“I told you to be careful Tanner Luc Letang” I sobbed.

“Sorry Adds” he said giving me a weak smile.

“I could kill that damn Flyer” I said wanting to punch the man in the face who did this to my Tans.

“That’s not good Addie” he whispered.

“Well I’d prefer my husband not to be injured when I could go into labor at any minute” I countered. “I’m pissed and uncomfortable, and frankly in a bitchy mood. I’m a beached whale and that bastard hurt you.”

“Calm down baby. I just got the wind knocked out of me. That’s all” he said.

“Oh really? If the wind was just “knocked out” of you Tanner, why did they have to carry you off the ice? And why the hell are you on the way to the ER? Don’t lie to me Tanner” I said just as I was hit with a wave of pain in my abdomen.

“Ma’am” the EMT said from his seat next to me. “How long have you been having contractions?”

“I’m not having contractions! My husband isn’t telling me what is wrong and Oh dear God this hurts!”

“Addison, how long have you had contractions?” Tanner asked in his firm fatherly voice.

“Since before the game” I admitted. “I didn’t want to miss the first game. I own the damn team!”

“How far apart are they?”

“10 minutes.”

“Has your water broken?”

“No” I admitted in a sob. “This is horrible timing Tanner. You’re hurt and I’m in labor. This is not how it was supposed to go.”

“I know baby” he said stroking my face.

“Tanner what’s wrong with you?”

“They think I might have a broken rib or two Adds it’s ok.”

“I’m going to let the hospital know that we have you here too” the EMT said after checking my blood pressure and pulse.

“Tanner, I’m scared.”

“I know Addie” he said quietly. “You might want to let them know that we’re having triplets.”

“Oh, geeze” he replied adding that to what he was telling the hospital.

“Maybe we should switch places Adds” Tanner said taking a hold of my hand.

“I’ll be fine, just hours away from having 3 babies is all” I smirked through the tears that ran down my face. “I didn’t tell mom or daddy that I was having contractions, I was going to say something before the game but I freaked out.”

“It’s ok baby” he said as the EMT searched through the back. They found a heart rate monitor and placed it around my belly underneath Tans jersey that barely stretched over my massive stomach.

“I’m not leaving your side while they figure out what’s wrong with you. I don’t care what they say. They’ll have to figure it out” I said stubbornly as another contraction hit me hard. I squeezed Tans hand trying to fight through the pain.

“You’ve got this baby” he reassured me.

“Why the hell does there have to be three of them?” I cried, “it’s like they’re fighting to see who can get out first. I’m going to burst open like that really old movie where the aliens explode from that guys belly.”

“Addison, it’s not going to be like that.”

“It feels like it though. I have to call our moms, they’re on the way with our car. Daddy and the guys are staying behind for a little then they’ll come too.”

“Addie we’re going to be parents soon.”

“I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So what's the consensus on the triplets? boys girls? what are you all hoping for?