‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

epilogue.

Tonight is our first night home alone with the babies. Tanner and I had tucked them into the crib, they seemed to sleep better all in the same space rather than separately, and I went to take a hot shower while I had the time to. I expected to see Tan already passed out in bed when I got out but he wasn’t there, I pulled on one of Tans’ old shirts and unwrapped my hair before beginning my search for him.

I didn’t have to go far. As I passed the nursery I peeked in and saw him standing over them, watching them sleep. His arms rested on the railing, his head bowed slightly and his hands held Scarlett’s little stuffed penguin. I stepped into the room quietly, until I was directly behind him and I wrapped my arms around his waist, letting my head rest on his back.

“I thought you would be asleep” I whispered.

“I couldn’t tear myself away from them just yet. I could watch them all night” he said turning to wrap my arm around my shoulders. “Addison, thank you so much for them.”

“You did a little of the work too” I replied nestling into his side. “Let’s go to sleep Tans. Before they’re awake again.”

“I know, it’s just, they’re so perfect.”

“I know, but they’re not so great when we’re sleep deprived and they’re crying up a storm.”

“True. It’s almost a good thing I’m out for a couple weeks.”

“I know, I’m partially glad that your ribs were bruised enough to keep you home for a bit. At least until we get settled into a routine” I said as we walked to our room, “I’m also glad that the rest of the board is competent enough to keep the team running without me for a bit. I don’t know when I’m going to be able to get back in the office.”

“We’ll figure it out” he said climbing into bed as I turned on the monitor. I climbed in next to him letting my head rest on his shoulder, his arms wrapped around me. “I love you so much Addison. I can’t say it enough. You’re more than I could have hoped for, and now you’ve given me the 3 most precious gifts in the world.”

“Tanner” I cooed.

“It’s true” he said turning onto his side to look at me. “I loved you before, but now somehow I love you more.”

“You’re going to make me cry” I said as he brushed my still damp hair from my face. “I love you too Tan. I can’t believe how far we’ve come.”

“I can’t believe it took me so long to realize that you were the only girl for me.”

“Yea, geesh. To think you could have ended up with, what’s her face from that summer. . . And I probably would have thrown myself into work while pining after you.”

“That would have been horrible” he shuddered for effect. “But I think I would have found my way to you somehow.”

“We don’t have to think about that though. Because you came to your senses.”

“You’re right I did.”

“I mean you can’t really fight fate Tanner, you’ll just end up losing.”

“No more fighting fate then Adds” he whispered as we settled in for the night.

We’ve come so far, and we’ve grown up so much in our time together, and luck us it’s just the beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is all for now. . . Give me a bit and I'm sure there will be a sequel I can't seem to keep away from Tan and Adds.