Status: completed

Birthday Wishes

One-shot

Today is my birthday. I only want one thing this year- actually it's the same thing I want every year, but I never get it. Not because it's expensive or hard to find (I know exactly where to find it), but because it's a living being and I have no control over what he does.

This present can commonly be found by the name of JayyVon Monroe, or simply Jayy, as I usually call him. Ever since I met him 4 years ago, I've wanted him for my own. Yeah, I know, it's creepy and possessive that I think like that but I can't help how I feel. He's amazing; every little thing he does entrances me and makes fall for him a little more. I don't think he knows he has this effect on me.

I want to have him more than anything. I'd give up all my other birthdays just to have him today.

But that won't happen no matter how much I wish it would.

I'm driving back to our house after Jayy sent me out on a bogus errand. He does this every year. He knows that I know what he's doing but he insists on playing the charade. While I'm out he decorates the house a little bit, sets out the presents on the floor by the couch and makes a birthday cake for me. It always ends up burnt (like everything else he makes) but I eat it anyway without complaint. I'm lovestruck, what can I say?

I park in the driveway and head up to the door. Inwardly I sigh as I unlock it and open the door only to be met with darkness. Knowing the game, I turn on the lights as Jayy jumps out from behind the couch. "Happy Birthday Dahvie!" he yells out. He's beaming at me and I can't help but smile back. His grin is so infectious.

As I help him get out from behind the couch the oven alarm goes off. He nearly trips as he runs to turn it off and take out the cake. I'm about to head into the kitchen to help him but he shouts out "Take one step in here and I'll tear off your dick. It's your birthday and you will not lift a finger for the rest of the day. Now go sit back on the couch while I finish up the cake."

I shake my head and do as he says. He might not literally tear off my dick but he will rip me a new one with his famous "bitch-fest" if ignore his orders. As I sit down, I grab the remote and flip through the channels. I finally settle on Comedy Central because Jeff Dunham is on. That dude is fucking hilarious!

A few minutes pass and Jayy finally comes back into the living room with the cake. He decorated it fairly well but I can barely make out his sloppy handwriting with the icing. To complete the package he even drew dicks on it. No surprise, he put more effort into those than the words. The candles are all lit but a few are tilting and the wax has started to melt.

"Hurry up and blow those out before they fall and burn down the house." I take in a deep breath but he stops me "Don't forget to make a wish!" I think for awhile and decide "what the hell?" As I blow them out I wish for Jayy to be mine, at least just for today.

"What'd you wish for?" he asked me with puppy-dog eyes and a huge grin. I smirked back at him and responded "It won't come true if I tell you, now would it?"

His smile fell a little bit and said in a softer voice "It might…" What did he mean by that? I stare at him but he breaks eye contact and shoves a present in my lap. No offense to him but you can definitely tell he's a queen by the way he wraps presents. The paper is shiny as fuck, it even has swirls of glitter around it. I wonder how much of a mess he made in his room with this shit. There is a homemade bow on top with strands of ribbon flowing around it.

"Don't just sit there and look at it. Open it!" I smiled at his enthusiasm and begin to carefully unwrap it. It looks like he spent so much time preparing this, it wouldn't be right to just rip it up. Besides it's really pretty paper. As I slip out the box inside, I set the paper on the ground, making sure I won't step on it later. Then I looked back at gift.

"Holy…fuck!" was all I could say. I just stared at it. The gift was a BaByliss Pro hair straightener. These are some of the best you can buy! "Oh my God Jayy, thank you so much!" I hugged him so tight but he just melted into it. "No problem," he laughed out, "I noticed yours was getting older and harder to work with. Then I saw you looking at this online and that sealed it." I can't believed he noticed something like that! He really is one of the best friends you could find.

"Here's another…" and he handed me another similarly wrapped present. This one was some more of our theatrical make-up. It went on like this until there were no more left. This was one of my best birthdays yet! I'd gotten a couple new DVDs, some books, comics, more make-up, assorted candy, 2 new shirts, and the softest Hello Kitty blanket ever. Each present was so well thought-out that he must have spent a lot of time working on this. I'm so lucky to have him…

Now for his death-trap of a cake. "Lets have a piece, ok?" I suggested to him. He just shook his head and said he had one last present in his room. While he left to retrieve it I couldn't help but wonder what it was. He came back less than a minute later and sat down on the couch. This time though, he sat as far as he could away from me. I opened my mouth to question this but he held out an envelope and said "Here…read it" then dropped his gaze to his lap.

Inside was a Hello Kitty "Happy Birthday" card. Why would he feel weird about giving me a card? I looked back to him. "Just…read it. Please." I opened the card and there was a locket taped to the inside.

He wrote very neatly inside, like he wanted it to be as perfect and clear as possible, the following message;
"Dahvie…I love you with all my heart and I've tried to make this your best birthday yet, but I can't deny how I feel anymore. If this upsets you, I am truly sorry and we will never speak of this again but I HAD to let you know. I've been in love with you for the past 4 years, you are the most amazing, wonderful, fantastic person I have ever known. And when you asked me to be apart of your band, my heart nearly burst with joy and happiness. Every moment with you I have cherished. I have tried to ignore my feelings because I was afraid I'd scare you off and lose you forever. But now I am no longer hiding. I LOVE YOU and I always will, I just want you to know that, no matter what happens because of this.

Forever yours,
Jayy
P.S. Please don't hate me. I'd be devastated if I lost you."

I set the card down without a word and removed the locket. It was a simple but classy design. On the left inside half written in cursive was "I'll love you forever." On the right was one of my favorite pictures of us, taken about 2 years ago. We had been in the park with friends, enjoying a picnic. Jayy had hopped on my back and ordered me to give him a piggyback ride. I agreed but as he pointed to where he wanted to go, his ice-cream cone brushed against my nose. He licked the strawberry ice-cream off just as Sally took the picture. Both of us were smiling and you could see a light blush on my cheeks. It was one of my best memories of us.

I looked at the picture and reminisced. Then I glanced back at him. He still stared at his lap waiting for my response. He probably thought I'd scream or get pissed at him and walk out. I smiled as I unlocked the clasp and draped the necklace across my neck. "How's it look?" I asked him.

His head shot up, surprised I wasn't pissed or upset. "Y-Y-You're okay with this?" he questioned. I chuckled softly and leaned forward to capture his lips in a sweet kiss. I broke it off after he responded back. "Of course I'm okay with this. Jayy, I've loved you since the moment we met. I was scared to tell you too."

Tears welled up in his eyes but I knew he was happy. He claimed my lips again and grabbed my shirt to pull me down on top of him. We kissed passionately but softly, making up for all this lost time. I broke off when I needed air. "You want to know what I wished for?"

"What?"

"It was the same thing I wished for every year…you. And now my wish finally came true."

He smiled at that and said softly, "You know how i know you love me?"

"How?"

"Because every year you eat my horrendous cake without ever complaining or groaning."

"True, but there has been one case where it came back up on me later."

He laughed hard at the secret i had kept from him for so long. "Why did you put up with that?"

"Because i love you...now lets have a piece."
♠ ♠ ♠
if you catch any missing or mispelled words, please let me know so i can change it. but tell me where it needs corrected not just that it's wrong.