That's What It Takes To

So much for my happy ending

After such a hard struggle with the label, Mr. Axton finally got me a release date of the full length album. They even had the album single out to the public and make them pumped up for the new music. Eric and Nat were coming over my apartment when Sandy called all excited and breathe uncontrollably.

“Chill out, Sandy! I couldn’t get what you were saying if you keep being this hyper.” I said in a relax tone so she would relax too.
“Oh, right.” She calmed herself down for a moment. “Well, I just bought my coffee when I heard your song inside the store! I was like ‘oh I know this voice’ then I realized it was you!”

I would’ve jumped off my couch and dance if I could, but my baby bump was bigger and I couldn’t just jump whenever I wanted to. I didn’t know where Nick was going, but Eric and Natasha were the one bearing with my habit of freaking out that they had to force me to sit down just to calm myself down.

“I cant believe you’re getting your dream!” Natasha said as she hugged me.
“I wish I can be in a band with other great musicians…” Eric murmured, but was loud enough for me to hear.

We were just talking until the door bell rang and found Sandy with Nick outside. Sandy brought few cups of coffee and a Thai-tea for me while Nick’s hands were full of grocery shop. I helped Nick with his grocery bags and everything as he freaked out and told me to just put everything on the ground.

“Why are you freaking out like that?” I asked as he came inside and locked the door.
“You’re pregnant, Angie, how am I supposed to just let you carry all these heavy things?” Nick said as he cupped my face and lean closer to me and we kissed before the voices behind our back were chattering and told us to get a room.

Everyone stayed for dinner, and Mr. Axton called in just to make sure about some things. We were just hanging around the corner when the doorbell rang. Nick ran toward the door to find his mother and sister standing outside, carrying a lot of paper bags. They walked straight in and apparently Sandy and Natasha were too friendly that they get Michelle in no time, leaving Eric alone with his popcorn in front of TV while the girls – beside me – were already talking about almost everything with Michelle.

“So honey, how’s my grandchild inside there?” Mom said as she asked Nick and I to sit down.
“We’re supposed to visit the doctor tomorrow though, and I would be honored if you’d like to come along with us…” I said as I bit my lip and Nick looked so enthusiast about it.
“I would love to!” Mom answered as she hugged me tight and rub my belly. “Michelle!” She screamed out as Michelle came toward us.
“Yes mommy?” She asked.
“I think I'm staying here tonight, is it okay, dear?”
“But mom… where are you going to sleep? We only have two bedrooms, and the other one is designed for our future child.” Nick said in his worries.
“Well, I can sleep over Natasha’s apartment…” I said as Nick glanced.
“You can sleep with Angie inside the room, I’ll take the couch mom. Don’t worry.” Nick said as he grabbed a can of coke from the fridge.

Mom and Michelle then took out all of the things they brought earlier, turned out, they bought me few pieces of new clothes and pair of shoes, and a catchy prada purse. They said I deserve to look good when I'm out in the streets, taking pictures with my soon-to-be-fans.

Everything seemed perfect if only Nick’s dad would’ve given us a visit. Because that’s all I wanted – other than having my album out to public – is to have his dad around our little own family.

***

“Ready to go, Mrs. Santino?” Nick chuckled as I saw his mother on the other side of the room giggling.
“Well don’t you forget your breakfast, I made the best bacon sandwich, if you ask…” Mom smiled as she pulled a chair for us to sit on.

We took our breakfast menu as we all just have the time to talk about more things in life, got to know each other better, and it wasn’t just the highlight of the day. Once we were done eating the breakfast, we went straight to visit my doctor and was ready to did the ultrasound.

I was a little nervous when all the three of us went inside the room, but felt extremely happy. I was even happier when the nurse put some kind of blue gel on my stomach. It was cold and was just ticklish for me to take, so I kept on giggling and Nick was sitting still next to me, squeezing my hand. The doctor put the censor on my stomach as he gasped and smiled wide.

“So, what are you expecting for your future babies?” the doctor said.
“Babies?” Nick asked in confusion.
“Well Mr. and Mrs. Santino, you’re having twins, well, you two are actually unique, because you just did your first ultrasound on the 4th month, by two weeks, you will find out their gender. I expect to meet you by then.” The doctor said as he left us and Nick gave me a huge hug.

We were happy to know we had twins, and the day got even better when Mr. Axton called me that the exact date would be in the next month. We left the hospital and went straight back home to find Nat and Eric by our door, they said they had someone waiting for us in their living room.

"Really? Woah, thanks for being a nice neighbor guys!" I said as they smiled and let us in.

Inside their living room, I spotted Michelle was sitting with an old man face to face. The man's back was on us so I couldn't recognize who he was, but Nick on the other side, he looked shock somehow. He took a step back and was ready to reach the door to leave but the man turned his back and stood still.

Everyone's facial expression changed and I soon realized that it was Mr. Santino. He looked at us and lit a little smile before he began to tear up. He wanted to say something but nothing came out of his mouth and Michelle stood right beside him.

"I know you hate him with guts, Nick. But he's here to make up all the time he missed with you." Michelle said as their dad exhaled.
"I'm so sorry I've turned my back on you, all of you. I was just listening to the radio when I heard your song came on and fell straight in love. The song is so honest and I somehow felt the emotion." He said. "And that's when Michelle told me it was your song. She also told me that Nick helped you with all the music. I was so wrong about Nick. I was so wrong about you, my son." He added as he walked toward Nick and he put his hands on Nick's face as he gladly hugged his dad.

I took a step back with intention of leaving the room and let the family reunite for a while when Mr. Santino grabbed my hand and smiled toward me. He loosen his grip and walked toward me before pulling me into a huge warm hug.

"Welcome to the family, Angela. I know I'm late about this..." He said and I cut him.
"Its better late than never, Mr. Santino." I said.
"Dad. I'm Nick's dad and that makes me yours too. Michelle told me about the baby on the way, I'm pretty sure she or he will make a great Santino." He said as Nick chuckled.
"Actually, we're having twin, dad." Nick said as Dad and Michelle cheered in happiness.

We spent the whole day together, with Sandy as the addition. Nick's dad offered us a place to stay, because the apartment doesn't look that convincing for him, plus we didn't really have a room for our babies. But we decided to think about it later because we just want to enjoy the moment and let everything flow.

We knew life will find us a block but we'll eventually get to the top point. The point that we would remember until the very last days of ours. The point where joys are surrounding and the memories will last forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if the whole story turn kinda suck-ish :(