That's What It Takes To

Time For A Wedding

I was running through the hospital's hallway and I could never be more scared than I was. The minute I reached the emergency unit, I saw doctor Farrell and he looked so concern about me. I was indeed terrified when he led me to the room. My dad was lying with that pale look I remember him by the end of summer. I took his hand and started to sob when I realized his hands were moving, rubbing the top of my head.

"Hey pal..." He said, weak.
"We've had an agreement on calling me 'pal', dad. Remember that?" I chuckled in between my sobs.
"I remember, its just..." He stopped.
"No just, dad." I said, placing my finger on his dry pale lip.

My body was shaking from the fear of losing him, as he exhaled and told me to call Nick and doctor Farrell for him as I did. I squished Nick's wrist a little as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I was terrified when doctor Farrell started examining him, and it was even worse when he looked deep onto my eyes and shook his head meanwhile Dad on the other hand was trying to reach my hand and I had to walk closer.

"I knew this day would come, and I hate it." Dad said as I let the tears stream down my face.
"No, daddy." I cried. "You promised you'll be here with me forever." I added as I gave him a hug.
"You remember my promises?" Dad chuckled as he started coughing.
"Dad, you promised me you'd be there when I graduate..."
"I was there when you graduated high school!" Dad cutted me off. "And I promised to walk you down the aisle on your wedding day..." He wandered.
"Which is you will, Mr. Green." Nick said.

***
Nick wasn't kidding when he said Daddy would walk me down the aisle, technically. It was three days after my dad's breakdown and there I was on my wedding dress that tend to be my mom's dress. I was beyond nervous, not that I don't like Nick to be my husband, I love him and everything, but I just thought everything was too fast.

"Hey Nat." I said as I heard a door cracked open.
"Looking so pretty there, huh?" She came as she fixed the back of my dress.
"Ready for the ceremony?" She asked as I nodded and as I came out of the changing room, Sandy was standing there.

My dad waited for me as he wiped his tear, he was on the wheelchair so I had to push him to the aisle. It was just some of our closest relatives and some people from the hospital, since we did have a wedding ceremony outside the hospital, and Dad was definitely far from okay.

“You look pretty…” Nick whispered as the priest started the ceremony and it finally came to the most important part.
“Do you, Nicholas Bernard Santino take Angela Josephine Green as your lawfully wedded wife?”
“I do.” Nick smiled humbly.
“Do you, Angela Josephine Green take Nicholas Bernard Santino as your lawfully wedded husband?”
“I do.” I smiled as the priest allowed us to kiss each other.

As the wedding ceremony finished, my dad was taken back to the hospital while Sandy, Nick, and I rushed back to Berklee. I was happy, beyond happy that I couldn’t take my eyes off the ring Nick gave me, while Nick on the other couldn’t hide his excitement for our wedding.

“Thank you, Nicholas.” I whispered. “Thanks for letting my dad fulfilled his promise.” Added me.
“Angie, I love you and your dad with the same amount, so nothing actually can come in between us.” Nick said, kissing on top of my head. “Now that we’re married, I want us to graduate as soon as possible, and we can start living as normal family, do you agree?” Nick added as I nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedbacks?

-Amelia