That's What It Takes To

Familiar Faces

The bell of the last class before Christmas holiday had just rang. As I walked out of it, I was greeted by Nick who stood by right next to my class' door and we went straight to the recording studio to record the last song of my album.

"Every thing good, Angie?" I heard a guy's voice as I was just listening to the final mix.
"Mr. Axton!" Nick said, shaking Mr. Axton's hand and he sat behind me.
"This is the final song! I'm so excited about the album, you know.." I shrugged in excitement.
"This song sounds epic! You remind me a lot of your mom."

I went quiet on the word mom he said, since I really have nothing to say about her. I barely know her anyways. I looked down and not saying a single word as Nick pulled me into his arms and started telling Mr. Axton about how I don't know much about my mom and he smiled.

"There are so much thing you need to keep up with, Angie." Mr. Axton giggled.
"How do you know my mom?"

Mr. Axton smiled as he took my hand and let Nick followed us. He led me to his car and explained about where we were going. He took me to his office and I saw a picture of him in front of Berklee and I saw my mom's and also Mr. Reyes' face.

"It was my last day as professor at Berklee." Mr. Axton smiled "your mom, Chantal Praise got into Berklee by a scolarship, and I was offered this job by my friend."
"What about Mr. Reyes?" Nick asked.
"Him? He was a lot like you, Nick. Popular, handsome, and a womanizer type of guy. But he got real talent."
"Whoa, sir. Don't mean to be rude but I aint no womanizer." Nick protested as Mr. Axton giggled.

Mr. Axton walked toward his desk and pulled out a box as he handed that box to me. He told me to open it and let everything inside there explained. I found pictures of my mom in a recording studio and she was so beautiful. All of the pictures inside the box were amazing.

"She was so amazing..." Mr. Axton.
"Why have I never heard her songs?" I asked in curiosity.
"The record never came out. It was a week before the release date when she found out she had you, and your Dad decided to marry her."
"So, I was an accident?"

Mr. Axton smiled to my statement as he pulled out a cassette and played it. The song was so beautiful and I couldn't even put my mind on it. The truth on every lyric she wrote put a tear to my face and I can feel the emotion, the feeling of hers when she sang it.

"This song was written for the special one she said. Everyone in this label thought it was for your Dad, but it was written for you." Mr. Axton explained as I smile.

Mr. Axton let me took the cassette and brought it home for my Dad. On the way back home, Nick couldn't stop talking about how excited was he to spend cristmas with his own little family. He wasn't that close to his family, so having me and Dad around made him feel like he finally has the moment.

It was around 8 when we got to my parkway and Nick parked his car as we got in to the house quickly. My Dad was sitting on his chair in front of the TV, half asleep while waiting for us to be home. I walked closer to him as he gave me a light kiss on my cheek and greeted Nick warmly and we got ourselves a little family dinner of our own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback?

-amelia