‹ Prequel: A Week, A Lifetime
Status: Ongoing

A Story To Be Told

Prologue

Never had Dakota’s heart felt as broken, as when she said goodbye to Rian at the airport in London, and she would have never thought that she would see him again. Not only had she parted with the person she was in love with, but she had also parted with three other guys, three guys who had become some of her closest friends. All of that during one magical week; when Dakota and her best friend had travelled for a week, with the crazy, and absolutely insane guys of All Time Low.

During that one week, Dakota had gotten as drunk as she had ever been, she had sung on a stage, with thousands of people watching her, and; she had managed to fall in love. One week, that would drastically change her life.

Dakota had mentally prepared herself for the worst – the worst being that she would never talk to or see the guys again. She was afraid that when the guys left, they would forget about her and her best friend. But had not been the case, because they had kept in touch. At least as much as they could, considering the distance that was between them. Skype, twitter and s few very expensive phone calls had made upholding the contact easier, and they had made it work.

What really made everyday life easier was the letter Dakota had received the month before, where Alex had said he wanted them to come with them on another tour – in Canada. They plotted on how they were to proceed, and in an hour, they had planned another trip to travel with the guys.

Two months had past since they said their teary eyed goodbyes, and Dakota suspected that today could be a teary eyed hello. Both Dakota and Kaylee had packed their bags, and had dressed sloppily, as they would be spending quite a few hours sitting down in an airplane.
“Ready?” Kaylee asked, and tried hiding a smile, by biting the inside of her cheek.
“So ready,” Dakota confirmed, as they walked out of their apartment, locking the door.
“Greg is waiting outside. And before you even ask, yes, Aria is already at his place, so she will be taken good care of this week.” Dakota grinned as Kaylee spoke. They had been best friends for forever, and Kaylee knew Dakota better than she knew herself.
“I am just going to stop talking, because you already know what I’m thinking either way,” Dakota said, as she threw her bag into the trunk of the car. Kaylee giggled, and took her seat in the car. Dakota took one final look around, and she never thought she could be happier to get away from this place.

Dakota hated flying. She absolutely detested it actually. She always felt sick to her stomach, and she hated how she felt her head was going to explode during flights.
“Need some water, Dakota?” Kaylee asked, as she had another one of her mind-reader episodes. Dakota nodded, and took the water, and closed her eyes. Kaylee carefully found her hand, and wrapped inside her tiny hands, and what little comfort it was, it helped.
“I think the guys are going to like your new hair,” Kaylee said, and Dakota opened one eye to look at her friend. Dakota smiled sweetly, and put her fingers through her silky soft hair. She had changed it. It was still black, but the haircut was entirely different. It had more layers now, and she had also gone through the trouble of dying a few stripes of her hair in a faint red colour. You could not really see it in the dark, but whenever she was outside, you could tell there was some red in there. Kaylee had also dyed her hair, this time back to its wonderful dark brown colour.
“I look more like a punker girl now than before, at least,” Dakota commented, and stifled a yawn.
“Too bad you’re not a punker, then,” Kaylee said and giggled. Dakota squinted at her friend, and closed her eyes, as they got ready for take off.
“Just hold my hand, Kay, and maybe I will get through this plane ride in one piece.”

Dakota actually managed to fall asleep on the plane, which was something she had never done before. She usually stayed awake and was terrified for the whole trip, but she slept like a baby.
“Dakota, we are almost there.” Dakota opened up her sleepy eyes, and looked at Kaylee, her face filled with wonder.
“We can’t be there yet,” she said, and Kaylee laughed.
“I’m sorry, but I simply could not take you crying the whole way, so I kind of put a sleeping pill in your water.” No wonder Dakota had fallen asleep; she had downed that bottle of water like it was her source of life.
“You drugged me?” Dakota asked, her voice sounding slightly amused, yet a little insulted.
“Sorry,” Kaylee shrugged. As the plane was headed for a landing, Dakota grabbed hold of Kaylee’s hand, as she felt her heart beat like crazy.
“I hate this part!”

They survived the trip, but Dakota felt absolutely ruined from sitting in her seat for so long. She must have slept at least five hours, which was good, because even though the trip had taken forever, it was still early morning in Toronto, Canada. The girl rustled out of the plane, and Dakota felt her heartbeat increase. She took a good look around, and smiled.
“We are in Canada, Kay!”
“I know, come on!” she said, and dragged her friend with her inside to the terminal.
“Where are they supposed to meet us?” Kaylee asked, as she was scanning the airport for familiar faces.
“Damn, I was supposed to tweet Alex,” Dakota exclaimed, and Kaylee found their bags, and tossed them on the floor. “I’ll just give him a ring.”
“No need,” Kaylee said excitedly, and as Dakota turned around, she saw two figures come running towards them.

“My babies!” Jack shouted from across the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter in this sequel! Hope you all like it xx