‹ Prequel: A Week, A Lifetime
Status: Ongoing

A Story To Be Told

Chapter 1

Alex and Jack were running at a high speed to reach where Dakota and Kaylee were standing, and Kaylee was absolutely booming with happiness as she saw them approaching. Dakota’s heart was racing with excitement, at least until she realised that Alex was headed towards her with too my speed, and she braced herself as Alex crashed into her, lifting her up from the ground, and ran a few strides with her. He then proceeded to twirl her around in the air as he laughed.
“Oh my GOD, it’s good to see you!” he laughed, as he kept twirling her around. Dakota could not respond, as she was laughing too hard. When Alex finally decided to put her back down, she instantly brought her hand up to her chest, rubbing the place where Alex had hit her by full force.
“It’s good to see you too,” she said in a whisper, and gave him a peck on the cheek. She had no time to react before Jack had wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug, and Dakota smiled.
“Jack!” she exclaimed, returning the hug with enthusiasm.
“Never leave again, D, never. OK?” he said, and kissed her on the cheek. Alex was embracing Kaylee excitedly, before they started jumping up and down in happiness.

“How was the flight?” Alex asked, as he practically ripped Kaylee’s bag from her hands, and flung it over his shoulder. “Jack, be a gentleman!” he snapped, and Jack grinned as he took Dakota’s bag from her hands.
“I would not know how the flight was, because I was past out the entire time,” Dakota replied, and gave Kaylee a sly look.
“What did you do?” Jack asked Kaylee, and all she could do was giggle excitedly.
“She drugged me, that’s what she did!” Dakota snapped, with a smile on her face. “I don’t blame her though, I am a complete mess on airplanes.”
“You drugged her? What kind of a friend are you?” Alex joked, nudging Kaylee’s shoulder.
“I did not want her crying and yelping in fright for hours on end, so yes, I drugged her.” Kaylee was grinning like crazy, as Jack put up his fist for her to bump.
“Nice one,” he said, and winked at her.

Finally everything seemed right again. Dakota and Kaylee were where they were supposed to be: with the guys, with their friends. Although Dakota knew something was missing, and that was seeing Rian again. She felt embarrassed as she remembering Zack as well.
“Where is Zack?” Dakota asked, her voice sounding puzzled.
“He’s back at the hotel, making sure Rian stays in his bed. He sleeps a lot. Well, he started sleeping a lot after we left…” Alex looked like he had spilt a secret he was supposed to keep, and Dakota’s heart sank as she heard what he said.
“He still party’s like crazy though. More than usual, when I think about it,” Jack said, and his voice fell a few octaves as she spoke the last few words.
“Meaning that he has missed you,” Alex said, and smiled, and Dakota tried smiling back, but she hated hearing that Rian had not been too good since they left.

“So, basically, Zack is babysitting Rian?” Kaylee asked, as the guys put their bags safely in the trunk of the taxi. Dakota opened the door, greeted the driver, and sat down. Kaylee ran to the front of the taxi, while Dakota ended up sitting in between Alex and Jack. Both of them ended up putting their arms around her shoulders, making what little space she had seem scarcer.
“Babysitter Zack, that would be about right,” Alex said, before turning to give Dakota a huge grin. Dakota wrinkled her nose at him.
“What is it?” she asked, squinting at him.
“It’s just so good to have you guys back!”
“Never leave us again,” Jack said, and Dakota turned her head to see his giant smile. It was weird, how much she loved these guys, especially considering she had only known them for two months.

Dakota could not help my smile like a crazy person, sitting squeezed in between two of her favourite people in the entire world. She felt happy. At least happier than she had been for the past two months. Everyday life was such a drag after experiencing the fairy tale that had been her week with the band.
“How has life been?” Jack asked, and as Dakota was about to open her mouth to reply: Boring as fuck!, Kaylee replied first.
“I have been working. A lot. You know, what normal people do. Eat, work, eat some more, and possibly go to the toilet a few times during the day, walking the dog. Boring.” Jack laughed happily.
“Oh, how I’ve missed you sarcastic tone, Kay!” Kaylee did not turn to smile at Jack, but Dakota knew that she was blushing. She never had been good at receiving compliments, even though Dakota did not think what Jack had said qualified as a compliment.
“How about you, D?” Alex asked, tightening her grip around her.
“Pretty much the same. I have spent too much time online though. Trying to keep track of what you guys have been up to. And talking to you guys, and talking to Rian.” Both Alex and Jack grinned as she mentioned Rian’s name.
“He will be so happy to see you,” Alex stated.

Not long after, the taxi stopped in front of a hotel. Dakota was impressed, as it looked exclusive.
“What, not tour bus?” she asked, and laughed as she heard the disappointment in her voice. She had enjoyed the small bunks more than she liked to admit. It was the charm of being on the road, living a minimalistic life. That was if you could call having your own tour bus ‘minimalistic’.
“No. This is one of those: We are awesome – type of tours.” Alex said, as he got out of he taxi, Dakota close behind him.
“You are awesome no matter what,” Kaylee said, and blushed slightly. Jack squealed happily, before he surprised her with a kiss on the cheek. Dakota laughed at how silly Jack was being, but she adored him.

With Dakota’s bag tossed over his shoulder, Alex walked silently into the hotel lobby, where he greeted the man behind the counter. The other three walked in silence behind him.
“I’m gonna call Zack,” Alex said and took out his phone. “We need to make sure Rian isn’t walking around here, and ruin the surprise.” Dakota giggled, and turned to face Kaylee and Jack.
“So, tell me. What is the plan now?” she asked Jack, and he sniggered happily.
“You are gonna surprise Rian, and we’ll see what happens after that.” Dakota furrowed her brows in wonder, as she had no idea what was going to happen.
“He’s still sleeping, it’s safe for us to go up.” They walked into the elevator, and Alex hit the button to their floor. Alex carefully snuck both Kaylee and Dakota into his room, while Jack went on to find Zack.

Dakota was allowed to take a shower, as she did not feel particularly good after the long trip. As she got out, her hair still damp from the water, she found Alex and Kaylee rolling over with laughter.
“What is so funny?” she asked, sounding puzzled.
“Alex is being an idiot, that’s all,” Kaylee replied, and Dakota smiled.
“He tends to be an idiot,” she agreed, before she went to her bag, taking out a pair of tight, and a blue dress.
“Do you think Rian could like this?” she asked, the question being directed to Kaylee, but it was Alex who replied.
“You could wear a plastic bag, and Rian still would be ecstatic to see you.” After Dakota had dressed, she added a little make-up, just so that she would feel a little better. When she was done, Alex walked her over to Rian’s door. Dakota was not sure what to do, as she stood in front of the door, her heart beating fast in her chest. What was she going to say to him? She had absolutely no idea.

“What am I going to say?” she turned to ask Alex, but he had retreated to stand in front of his own door.
“Just knock, and say you’re room service, or something.” Kaylee, Jack and Zack were standing right behind him, eager to see Rian’s reaction to Dakota being there.
“Ok, here goes,” Dakota said in a whisper, and knocked three times on the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one for today :) Comment and subscribe, and you'll make me a very happy girl :D xx