‹ Prequel: A Week, A Lifetime
Status: Ongoing

A Story To Be Told

Chapter 3

The arena in Toronto was basically the biggest arena Dakota had ever seen, and she could not help but think about how many people were going to be there. She felt her heart bit rapidly in her chest, as the excitement filled her up. I will be singing on this very stage tonight, she thought to herself. She jumped slightly as Alex put his hands on both sides of her waist, tickling her slightly.
“You’re not thinking on bailing on us, are you?” he asked, raising an eyebrow at her. She giggled slightly, and shook her head.
“This place is just so big, you know!” she exclaimed, and smiled carefully.
“Which makes it all so much more exciting,” Alex finished for her, and put his arm around her shoulders, bringing her back to where all the guys were setting things up for the show.

“Get to work, woman!” he exclaimed, and pushed her toward a pile of wires that needed to be pulled apart. “My god, you guys make such a mess of everything!” she said, and tried pulling one wire away, but she ended up with five in her hands. A careful hand snaked up her back, and she turned to see the humorous face of Rian. “We’re not that messy,” he countered, which made Dakota laugh out loud. “You did see your bus two months ago, right?” Rian shrugged, and let Dakota back to her boring work. She had sat comfortably down on the stage floor, and started picking the wires apart.

“Rian does have a small dick, doesn’t he, Dakota?” Dakota’s head snapped up, as she gave Jack a sour look. He was grinning like a child, apparently loving her reaction. Dakota simply shook her head, not even wanting to start this conversation.
“It is very small,” Alex agreed, and Rian giggled, shaking his head.
“What do you think?” Jack repeated, and Dakota sighed at him, cocking her head to the side.
“I am perfectly satisfied,” she stated, and stuck her tongue out at Rian, who was smiling his perfect smile.
“Told you it was small,” Jack said, and Dakota huffed at their silly behaviour. She scratched her head slightly, not really knowing what to reply back.
“So, you wanna have a go at me, and you can compare?” Jack asked, and Dakota’s jaw fell to the floor. She could not believe what he had said, even though she knew he was joking.
“His dick is bigger than Rian’s, but mine is the biggest!” Alex exclaimed, throwing his arms out wide. Kaylee was sitting in the corner, giggling violently as the guys were being idiots.

“Mine is bigger than both of your dicks, so shut up,” Rian countered, making both Alex and Jack’s faces look offended.
“Not true, dude!” Jack said, and turned to wink at Dakota.
“So, wanna try me on?” he repeated, and Dakota scrunched her nose, and shook her head.
“No sorry, you are to skinny for my liking!”
“BURN!” Alex yelled, and Dakota immediately regretted her comment. She smiled apologetically at Jack, and he looked absolutely appalled. She quickly got up on her feet, and threw herself at Jack, giving him a tight hug.
“I’m so sorry Jack, I didn’t mean it! I love you!” she said, and pretended to be sobbing. Jack was laughing like crazy, and he twirled Dakota around, making her dizzy.
“You really know how to hurt a guy,” he said as he put her back down on the floor, and Dakota furrowed her brows, biting the inside of her cheek.
“I really am sorry!” she said, and stood on her toes to give him a peck on the cheek. She had never really been one to successfully offend someone, without having to apologise later. She hated being mean to anyone, especially someone as fantastic as Jack.

“So, if you don’t want Jack, how about you try me?” Alex said, his voice sounding too excited for Dakota’s liking. She walked promptly over to him, and smacked him across the chest. He quickly brought his hand up, covering where she had hit him. Dakota was smiling as she turned, and walked back to Rian, putting her arms firmly around his waist. He gently kissed her forehead.
“I guess not,” Alex smirked, before winking at her. Kaylee, for a reason only Dakota would know, started coughing. Dakota shot her a glance, and smiled carefully at her friend. She looked uncomfortable in her seat, but she smiled back.
“So, if you guys are done trying to get my girl into bed, can you get back to work?” Rian said playfully, and kissed Dakota on her forehead again. The guys laughed, and Alex and Jack high fived each other, before they started working again.

Dakota slipped carefully out of Rian’s embrace, and walked over to sit with Kaylee. She nudged her ribs playfully, but Kaylee did not smile.
“You know he was joking, right?” Dakota stated, nudging her friend again. Kaylee simply nodded, but kept from looking at Dakota. Dakota simply would not have it, and she placed her hands on both sides of her face, forcing her to look at her.
“He was joking, Kay!”
“I know, but still… It seems like all the guys like you more than they like me.”
“Nonsense!” Dakota exclaimed a little to loudly, making all the guys turn to look at them. Dakota looked strictly at all of them, and raised one finely shaped eyebrow at them.
“Mind your own business,” she said, squinting her eyes at them. They chuckled, and turned back to their work.
“Nonsense,” Dakota repeated in a lower voice this time. “They absolutely adore you! And Alex likes you!” Kaylee shook her head, not wanting to hear it, but Dakota kept the conversation going.
“They love you! If they only liked me, do you really think they would have paid you to come here?” Kaylee’s face lit up as Dakota spoke, and her eyes were watery. Dakota cocked her head to the side, giving her friend a smile.
“They adore you!” she repeated again, and Kaylee nodded.
“Maybe you’re right.”

It took Dakota ages to finish her work with the wires, and she scolded Alex for not doing a more proper job at it. As they finished setting up on stage, they walked to the dressing room to get ready. Dakota had brought a navy blue dress for the evening, and she was wearing black high-heeled boots to the outfit. Kaylee was wearing an All Time Low t-shirt, with her red skinny jeans. They both looked absolutely smashing, and they clapped their hands excitedly as the show was about to start. Rian kissed Dakota sweetly, before all the guys walked out on stage, every single girl there squealing with excitement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Marii wanted me to post another one before school.. So, here it is :P HAha! xx