‹ Prequel: A Week, A Lifetime
Status: Ongoing

A Story To Be Told

Chapter 4

Like always, the crowd was going insane while the guys were rocking it on stage. Dakota and Kaylee were at their usual spot: hidden behind the stage curtains, but able to everything clearly. Kaylee was beaming, as she had clearly missed seeing the guys on stage, and Dakota grinned like a crazy person as she grabbed hold of Kaylee’s hands, and started jumping around with her. Kaylee was laughing so loud, that Matt ended up coming over, telling them that they had to keep it down. Dakota stuck her tongue out at him, and they kept dancing, but they kept their laughter to a lower volume.

The two girls were still giggling, when the time came for the band to play ‘Guts’. Dakota’s stomach lurched, as she had never sung this sang with the band before. Alex was clearing his throat to talk, while Jack made a really bad dick-joke.
“So, everybody. If you have kept updated this year, you all know that we had two special guests with us on our UK tour,” Alex tried to continue to talk, but his words drowned in the noise that was cheering. Dakota felt her heart flutter, as the fans actually wanted her there.
“We have both these special guests with us for this tour as well. As much as we regret it, Kaylee can’t sing, but her best friend Dakota can. Dakota, get your butt out here!” Alex waved her to him, and with a good intake of air, she stepped out onto the stage, and the crowd was roaring.

“The lovely, and stunningly beautiful Dakota Sullivan, everyone!” Jack announced over the speakers, and Dakota curtsied as a response to the crowd. Matt walked out on stage, and handed her a microphone, and she smiled at him as a thank you.
“So, Dakota, our fans needs to know: Will you be recording anything? They are dying to hear more from you,” Jack said, and put his hand on his hip, making him look extremely feminine. Dakota laughed as the crowd roared again.
“I have not planned anything guys, I’m sorry,” she said, and the crowd booed slightly. “Don’t boo me,” she said humorously, and laughed again. “But I do love being on stage with these nutcases.”
“You have to record something though,” Alex urged, making Dakota tap her foot on the stage.
“Maybe some day I will,” she replied, and Alex bumped her fist.
“This is ‘Guts’, everybody!” he yelled, and the band started playing.

A rush of adrenaline went through Dakota’s body as she was singing with Alex. She could not help but feel that Evan had turned her microphone up, so that everyone would hear her better. In the original, the female voice was not really that apparent, but she didn’t care. She loved it up there, and she loved seeing the crowd sing along. As they finished the song, she could hear her voice properly at the end of the song. The crowd was cheering, and Alex clapped his hands together.
“This was actually the first time ever we have sung this song together, so I think you should all give her a big ‘FUCK YES’!” He did not need to ask the crowd again, as they all screamed “FUCK YES!” Dakota was grinning like crazy, and her nose scrunched up as she did so.
“You guys are sick!” Dakota screamed into the microphone, and she clapped her hands together.
“That was very good for the first time,” Jack said, and he ran over to Dakota, fist bumping her. Dakota was beaming at him.

“We are gonna slow this thing down a little. And as you can guess, we are now gonna play ‘Remembering Sunday’,” Alex said, and the crowd cheered. The lights dimmed, and there were two spotlights, high lighting both Alex and Dakota. Matt brought out two chairs, and they both sat down. Alex took Dakota’s hand, and squeezed it, before he started playing. His voice was absolutely wonderful, and Dakota was swaying along with the music. When the time came, she opened her mouth to sing, and she sang with every fibre of her being. Alex was smiling at her, and as she sang her final words, he almost forgot about singing. He giggled, as he jumped in at the middle of the verse.

“Sorry about that, I forgot to sing,” Alex chuckled, and the crows laughed with him. Alex kissed her hand, before throwing both his and her hand into the air.
“Dakota Sullivan, everybody!” Dakota laughed again, and waved at the crowd as she left the stage. Her heart was pounding, as if threatening to pop out of her chest, and her best friend embraced her.
“Oh. My. God. You were incredible!” Kaylee exclaimed, as she pulled out of the hug. Her face was threatening to burst from her big smile.
“Thanks. That was fantastic! Such a rush,” she said, and held a hand on her chest, feeling her heart beat rapidly. Matt popped his head up behind Kaylee, and gave her a thumbs up, and Dakota giggled.

When the show ended, Rian was the first to run over to Dakota. He pulled her into his arms, and placed a firm kiss on her lips. He pushed some hair out of her face, behind her ear, and he smiled at her.
“I thought you were fantastic before, but you were incredible today!”
“I agree. You were so much better today, than you were back in the UK,” Jack said, and pulled her into a hug. Alex and Zack were nodding, and smiling.
“What, I have the exact same voice…” Dakota started, but Alex shook his head.
“No… Well, yeah, but you were so much more comfortable now, and you rocked it!” Dakota grinned, and bit the inside of her cheek. She never had been good at compliments.
“Thanks,” she mumbled, still biting her cheek.

The fans, who were standing outside waiting for them, were nothing but kind and friendly as Dakota was talking to them. She received so many compliments, and she did not know what to do with herself. She thanked them all, and she signed more autographs than she ever had. Even Kaylee was signing a couple of autographs, as the All Time Low fans did know that she was travelling with them. It kept surprising Dakota how much the fans really knew. As they got into their car, Dakota took a deep breath, tired from all the screaming and talking.
“I will never get used to this,” she said, and Jack nodded.
“You’re not supposed to get used to it. Every day with the fans is a blessing.” Dakota’s face softened as Jack spoke.
“Wow,” she said, and she smiled. “You guys really, really love your fans!”
“Of course we do! We wouldn’t be here without them!” Alex said, and leaned back in his seat, tired from the show.
“So, where are we going now?” Kaylee asked, and stifled a yawn.
“We are going back to our hotel,” Jack replied in a whisper.
“What, no party?” Kaylee asked, her voice filled with surprise.
“Not tonight,” Alex replied for Jack. “I think we’re all to tired for that. We did wake up insanely early to get you guys from the airport, after all.”
“Thank you for that, by the way,” Rian said, and tightened his grip around Dakota. “Best surprise ever!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn, had this saved up for MONTHS! I promise, I'll try to write more on this, promise promise promise :D