Status: Active

Remembering Sunday

She Led Him Upstairs, She Led Him Upstairs

Sound check – the next day

Image

I sat down on the side of the stage, listening to My Chemical Romance doing their sound check, Gee, messing around as always, my brother trying to put him off… as always.

“What up Ashley?” Alex asked, sitting down next to me.
“I’m starting to get REALLY nervous about the show tonight, the most we’ve ever played to is about fifty people. This arena seats thousands and it was sold out.”

He laughed and smiled at me.

“Yeah, the first show is always the worst, after a few it just becomes routine and you get less and less nervous as time goes on until you’re not nervous, you’re just excited. Hey, did my sister talk to you yet?”

I smiled and nodded. Tiffany and I had made up and were the best of friends once more, both of us apologizing to each other several times.

“Yeah, we made up last night.”
“Good.”

We were both silent for a while, just listening and watching MCR mess around on stage.

“Hey babe. How you doing?”

Derek came and sat down next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and I gave him a peck on the lips.

“Keep it in your pants kids.” Gee said into the microphone while I flipped him off.

Alex laughed and I just shook my head.

“I had to grow up around that.” I told him, pointing at MCR.
“NOW I know why you’re so crazy.”
“Shut up.”

Turns out Alex was actually pretty awesome once you got to know him, it was just the getting to know him that was somewhat difficult, if you got him on his own it was hard to STOP him from talking but when there’s someone else around, it’s hard to get even a syllable out of him.

“Hey babe, we’re up.”
“What??”
“Our sound check.”
“Oh, see you later Alex.”
“Bye.”

Derek pulled me up and off to the center of the stage.

“Okay guys, let’s go for… um, The Forth Drink Instinct (this is actually by Cute Is What We Aim For).”

We played through that one smoothly and then went on to play through the rest of our set list, finally finding the right noise about halfway through Living In A World Without You (by The Rasmus).

Once off the stage, I went over to sit with Frank and Gee who were eating Subway sandwiches.

“Hey Ashley, I see you guys finally decided on a set list then?” Gee asked, patting the spot next to him.

“Yep. Hey, you guys get me a Subway?” I was STARVING.
“Italian herbs and cheese bread with chicken teiyaki, pepper jack cheese, toasted, sweetcorn, pickles, lettuce and sweet onion sauce. Just how you like it.”
“Love you Frankenstein.”
“Love you too sis’.”

He handed me my sandwich and I stole Gerard’s hat:

Image

Then I ran off to go find Oli but instead found Jak and Alex who were sitting on a couch, talking backstage.

“Hey, have you guys seen my band members?”

Alex shook his head and Jak shrugged.

“Sorry Ash. Oh, hey, the other day when you’re Mom was like…”
“Congratulating Oli and then she remembered that I’m her daughter as well?”
“Yeah… um, I hope I’m not being rude but… what was that all about?”

I sighed and sat down on a spare amp that was facing the couch.

“Well, ever since I was younger, my Mom has always done that. She seems to see me as the mistake, Haley, Millie, Oli and Frank were all planned but because they didn’t realize that I was there until about a week before she gave birth to me and Oli, she doesn’t see me in the same light as she does my siblings. So for the past sixteen years I’ve had to put with shit like, ‘well Oli did it like this, why aren’t you more like Haley, Millie is better behaved than you, stop acting like a spoilt brat Frank gets more because he’s got a talent…’ stuff like that, honestly, it drives me insane, I can’t wait to get away from home and never have to go back.”

The two boys were silent and Jak just gave me a hug.

“Well, we’re here if you need us.”
“Thanks Alex. Now, I can hear Gee coming, I’m gonna have to love you and leave you if I want to live. Bye bye.”

With that I ran off, still trying to find one of my band mates. I felt better though now. I’ve finally got tat off my chest and told someone how I feel instead of bottling it all up and they didn’t judge me. Progress.
♠ ♠ ♠
Listening to: Scream Aim Fire - Bullet For My Valentine

Ashley, Synacky oxox