The Venom Will Spread, but Still Walk the Dead

Setting the scene

Frank's P.O.V:

I shuddered at the sight before me. What was once a human body was now nothing but a mess of torn flesh and blood. It was sick that someone could do that. Huge chunks of flesh were missing and oozing out blood and deep gashes littered the body. It was pretty much near impossible to tell if it was male or female it was in that much of a state. I hated investigating all these murders up in the Arklay Mountains. They were always the same. Just a huge mass of flesh and scarlet liquid.

The CSI team were swabbing up samples and searching for fingerprints or hair and fibre. Anything that might hint who the sicko behind this was. Anything at all. Then we could wrap this up and call it a day. No more brutal crime scenes.

"Must be some pretty messed up person to have done this," Nick commented, stepping up beside me to look.

"It's disgusting," I commented "Whoever it was should have this done to them so that they can feel the pain they caused!"

"We're not in the movies, Iero, you can stop talking like it."

I punched his arm as an automatic retaliation. He punched back, quick as lightning. It was one of those things where you're like 'Ha! Didn't hurt. . . oh wait a sec, here comes the pain. . . ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!'.

The CSI guys were still observing the corpse carefully. I shuddered again. I may be a cop, I may have been to some pretty disgusting crime scenes before but this was one of the worst.

"It's still disgusting," I stated finally, watching as they tested yet more blood.

"Hey, guys, check this out!" One of them exclaimed from behind his mask.

Everyone scrabbled to look as he leant back proudly to show off his new piece of evidence. I craned my neck to get a look over their white-hooded heads. . .

Wow, flesh and blood.

Nothing new there, my friend.

"Hey, Officer Iero, you may wanna' take a look at this!" One of them called.

I rolled my eyes from frustration that they were asking me to take yet another close look at this horrendously mutilated body before walking over and squatting beside him. My stomach heaved slightly at the sight before me. Not the most pleasant of things and I was glad I'd decided to give lunch a miss.

"What is it?" I questioned.

His gloved fingers drew a line in the air over one of the gouges in the body. It looked a little different to the others but nothing majorly odd to my eyes.

"That's some kind of bite mark," He said proudly.

"What d'you mean 'a bite mark'?"

"It's some kind of bite," He stated "Whoever it was that did this took a chunk clean right outta' this guy!"

"Damn."

Nick had crept up behind me to get a sneak peak of what was going on. I could see him struggling to keep his lunch down as he looked. He's not too experienced in this area of work. And he'd eaten a big lunch before we went out to the crime scene. Not the best idea he's ever had.

"Nick, if you're gonna' puke, we don't want you round here!" I said firmly.

"I'm not gonna' puke!" He protested bitterly "I'm over that."

"Just like last time, then?"

"That's not funny."

"I thought it was!"

"Yeah but what you think and what actually is are two very different things!"

"Oh, you're so funny!" I stated, straightening up and stepping under the yellow tape around the area "I've seen enough, let's get back to the city."

No surprise when Nick practically ran for the car at the mere thought of leaving. I got in beside him and slid the cool metal keys into the ignition. The car coughed and spluttered a little before deciding to rev it up into full-throttle roar and get us out of there.
♠ ♠ ♠
You like?