Punching in a Dream

Sept

My alarm clock screamed for me to wake up; the annoying high pitched noise killed all joy for me. I rolled out of bed, walking towards my closet. I unzipped my suitcase & pulled out the first outfit I could find. I scribbled on my make up; pulled on my white tube top, my earth toned flannel, ripped up indigo skinny jeans, black TOMS, & my red bandanna. I walked out the door to my truck in a hurry, realizing I took a lot longer than I thought I did. The only thing that I was looking forward to today was seeing Grayson. I'm exhausted, I don't want to deal with my past anymore. I feel bad for Pieper that I might just have to leave her out of this; but this is my life. I should be obligated to make the choices I need and want to make.

I arrived five minutes early, I stood in front of the store, waiting for Gabe. I've come to notice that is a subjective person, it isn't a bad thing, it just could turn into something ugly further down the road.

Gabe was running late, which is understandable for the traffic on the freeway, I just wouldn't have expected it to take him twenty minutes. While I was waiting, a familiar presence welcomed me. I turned on the bench to face Grayson. The purple bags under his eyes gave me the implication that he was just as tired as me. I smiled, leaning my head against his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me, cuddling into me. His warmth persuaded me to go back to sleep.

"Why are you waiting out here?"

"Gabe is running late."

"He is? That's odd, Gabe is all about attendance. He has been ever since high school."

"Maybe it's the traffic's fault."

Grayson chuckled, "it could be, yeah."

"Why are you over here?"

"I wanted to come see you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling against his skin, "how sweet of you. Why don't you hang out in Blick with me today. Or do you have other plans?"

"I don't have any except my lunch date with you." He pecked my lips. I blushed bright red again. Hot dayum. "Hang out with me today."

"Only if you take me to see your house. I want to see the place that saved you."

"It didn't save me, I saved myself."

"Fun killer."

We laughed together. Things are moving at a fast rate between us. He is already comfortable with me enough to kiss me. I guess this is the only thing I love about my new life besides the fact that I don't have to deal with abuse and my best friend's drama. "Have you talked to Pieper?"

"No, she text me last night."

"And?"

"I didn't respond."

"Why?"

"There are two reasons. The first was that I was exhausted. It isn't a good excuse, but I literally could barely walk myself to my bed. And the second one, is that I just don't want any part of my old life. I'm scared that she will some how reveal everything to Daddy. I'm scared that she will just bring all of her drama here."

"It's understandable, but she is your best friend. I'd talk to her about what you were just telling me. Just get everything off your chest."

"I guess you're right."

Before Grayson could answer, Gabe showed up breathless. "Sorry everyone, there was some serious traffic."

I smiled, reassuring him. He opened up Blick doors and let us in. Grayson was close behind me playing with my finger tips. Gabe set everything up while Grayson & I clung onto each other. I watched as Gabe put everything in certain orders and directions. I came to the startling conclusion that Gabe just might have OCD. I watched how he adjusted everything to precise measures, making sure everything has to be his way. Grayson didn't seem to notice his zeal actions. He organized everything by color size and lettering. It was insane how neat everything came out to be.

When it came down to my lunch break, I had spent the entire morning watching Gabe while Grayson talked. Gabe organized everything again once someone or something touched it. His antagonizing expression scared me, how vicious and blank he looked. He didn't notice Grayson, he didn't notice me until he was spoken to. He only said few words, very dull and indecisive.

Grayson guided me down the street from Blick; "what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I've just been watching Gabe."

"You know?"

"He has OCD?"

"Badly."

"It didn't show yesterday."

"It shows only when he is stressed out or when something horrible happened. I doubt that the traffic was the reason why he was late. I don't think we should pester him about it, he should just come out with it once he is ready."

"I agree, but it has to be something very compelling if he is acting out this bad."

"It's odd how you noticed."

"Why?"

"Because 99% of people never notice. You just met him & you knew. Quite impressive.. What could you say about me?"

"I'm not a psychic; I just people watch."

"There has to be more than that to you."

"I have OCD too, but not in a cleansing way or organizing way. Just my way. I know I have it, but never bothered to see anyone about it."

"I wouldn't gone to see someone about it. If you know you have it, then that is all you need to know. You deal with it your own way."

"I hope it doesn't come between us further down the road."

"Don't worry, I have plenty of patience, & I don't think I would get mad at you or hold it against you. It isn't like you chose to be this way."

I smiled up at him, he laced our fingers together tightly & pecked my lips. We were very silent when it came to eating before he had asked me again what I could tell about him.

"You aren't a subjective person. You are very animated & put others before yourself. You have your selfish moments, but it's what makes you human. You have your secrets & demons; but it doesn't hold you back from changing the future into something beautiful."

His jaw dropped.

"Is that good enough?"

"It was more than enough, it was perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the inconvenient chapters everyone, I'm having a rough time with inspiration and patience.