Sequel: Hurts Like Heaven
Status: Complete.

Bliss and Bloodlust

Chapter Ten.

Daniel chuckled low and deep, then pulled me into a breathtaking kiss. His tongue wrestling with mine. His hand was in my hair, while his other made it's way up my shirt. A delicious thrill ran through my body as he caressed my breast. I moved my hand south until it rested on the bulge in his pant. I stroked it.

Daniel made a low, throaty growl and lifted me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist, forcing him to move closer to my warm body. I pressed my lower half into him. We broke the kiss when he lifted my shirt above my head. I managed to get his off as well, then our lips reattached. I raked my nails down his muscular back. Then I was on my back and Daniel was removing my pants with such speed that I barely had time to keep up.

“You're mine.” he said seductively. He then licked my from my inner thigh all the way up to my neck.

I wanted him so bad.

His cool lips moved down to my breast, where he used his teeth to move the material of my bra down. He took my nipple in his mouth and suckled it. His eyes were looking up at me, dark and hungry but I was afraid not.

I ran my fingers through his baby soft hair, and he moved back up and ran his teeth along my neck and my collar bone. I could feel his excitement as he lowed himself down between my legs, the bulge even bigger than before. I moaned his name. I could feel him smiling against my skin.

“Are you sure you're ready, darling?” He asked in a voice that made my thighs shake.

“Yes.” I said breathlessly.

He cupped one of my breast. I moaned as his tongue made tiny circles on my neck.

“Are you sure?” he repeated.

“Stop being such a tease. I'm ready.” I told him, my breath hiking up, my heart racing.

He looked up to see my face. His tongue ran slowly over his fangs, pure lust in his dark eyes. Then like a snake coiled to strike, he bit my neck.


My alarm was buzzing loudly in my ears.

I woke up with a start. My eyes felt heavy with sleep as I pulled my arm from under the covers, intending to shut it off, someone beat me to it.

“Daniel!” I exclaimed, “What are you doing here?”

I sat up in the bed but Daniel pulled me back down. “Relax, relax.” Daniel stroked my hair. “I came through the front door.” he said in a tired voice as if that mattered.

He wrapped his arm around me, moving me around so I was facing him. In the pale morning light I could see his eyes were half open and he was grinning.

“How long have you been here?” I timidly asked him.

“Since about one, I guess.” He yawned. “Relax, I just want to feel your warmth.” he said in a low growl.

Well I can't relax now.

I tried sitting up again, even though his grip wasn't tight his strength prevented me from doing so.

His hand moved from my hair to stroke my back. I was wearing short shorts and a camisole which made me feel uncomfortable. His fingers were touching my bare skin lightly.

His eyes closed but his fingers continued to caress slowly. One of his legs was between my thighs. When I moved trying to untangle us, he moved his leg higher, his thigh stroking my own. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled. “Do you like that?”

He moved his thigh up until it was very close to my...

“Stop that.” I said in a tiny voice.

His hand moved down my side, stopping to rest on my hip.

“Sorry, darling. You know you said my name in your sleep.”

“What? No.” I squealed.

“Yes, you did. It came out like a moan, actually.” he looked my in the eye. “What were you dreaming about?”

I gulped. “That's none of your business.” I said a blush creeping up my face when I remembered my dream.

“You're wet.” He smirked and moved his thigh so I would know just what he meant. “Real wet.”

“No. I'm not.”

But as I said it I could tell he was right. I felt embarrassed. I closed my eyes.

“It's alright, nothing to be ashamed of.” Daniel insisted, “I'm glad it was me you were dreaming of.” I opened my eyes a fraction. He was smiling seductively.

And I could feel just how glad he was.

“Daniel?” I said calmly although I was anything but.

“Yes, love?”

“Could you... move?”

He removed his leg from between mine and his hand moved to rest between our bodies.

“You are quite lovely in the morning.” he said and I noticed his fangs were out.

My heartbeat increased as I thought about the dream. I felt myself getting wetter. God, I wish I had more control.

“Why are you here?” I asked, trying to regain some composure and forget about the fact that we were both half naked in my bed.

“I missed you.”

“You saw me last night.”

“Doesn't mean I can't miss you. Didn't you miss me too? Even a little?”

I kept silent. I don't know if missed was the right word to describe what I'd felt.

“Can I ask you something?” I said a moment later.

“If you answer my question.”

“Fine.” I huffed out. “I sort of missed you, too. Satisfied?”

“Yes I am. Now what is it that you want to know?”

“How did you get in?”

He chuckled. “Like I said, the front door.”

“But how?”

“I have my ways.”

My alarm blared and again. Daniel was reaching over to turn it off and to turn on the light. Our bodies touched and I could feel that he was turned on. I didn't dare look down.

“You broke in?” I asked as he moved an inch closer.

“No.” he kissed me then.

Slow and softly. His tongue parted my lips and I shivered. He grinned as he pulled away half an inch.

“Do you like that darling?”

Before I could answer he pulled me on top of him and now I could feel the full extent of his excitement.

He cupped my face and pulled me into another heart stopping kiss. I rested my hands on his chest as my tongue touched the tip of his. He smiled and I could feel his fangs.

I did something risky and touched the tip of my tongue to one fang. He growled aggressively and suddenly I was beneath him. He gripped my thigh with one hand as he pressed his lower half to mine. I touched his face, his skin soft and smooth. I moaned softly as he kissed my neck then my jaw.

Then I saw those pitch black eyes.

My breathing hitched up at that sight and he stopped his movement.

“Are you scared.?” he asked, his eyes never leaving mine.

“No.” I said, a bit unsure.

“I'm not going to bite unless you want me to.” he paused, as if studying my face. “Would you like me to stop?”

“How much control do you have right now?” I asked softly.

“Full.”

“Are you lying?”

“No. If I didn't I 'd be sucking your blood right now.”

I thought that over. But he sighed then moved away from me. The moment was over.

God, I'm such a mood killer.

I looked over to him and I could see the bulge in his briefs. I turned away, blushing. After lying there for a few minutes trying to get my composure, I sat up and adjusted my cami.

“I'll go.” Daniel said, his back to me, slipping his pants and shirt on. “You have to get ready for work, anyway.”

Right. I had nearly forgotten.

“Daniel?” I whisper.

He turned back to face me as I crawled across the bed to be closer. I keep my eyes on his just so they wouldn't travel south. They were nearly back to their normal blue.

“You don't have to rush off. It's okay.”

“It's fine.” His face and voice told me it was anything but. “I'm going see you later, alright.” He kissed me softly. I placed my hand on his face trying to keep him there longer. He pulled away too soon.

“Are you mad at me?” I asked, a little hurt.

“Not one bit.” He said in a neutral voice. I got out of bed and went over to the dresser. “Will your aunt be pissed if she see's you're not alone in here.”

“Were both adults. She has her boyfriend here all the time.” Much to my dismay. “I've had guys over befo-” I stopped right there.

He gave me a significant look, but didn't comment.

“I, um, better get ready.” I said softly.

“Call me later.” Daniel said grabbing his jacket off the chair by my bed.

I gave him a look. “But I don't have your number.”

“It's in you're phone.”

When had he done that?

He smiled then walked over to the door. “Not using the window this time?” I asked, half teasing.

He chuckled. “I figure if I'm going to frequent here I might as well take advantage of the front door.” he planned on coming here more? My heart fluttered a bit. “Bye darling.”

He left out closing the door softly behind him.

~~~~~


Friday went by fast. I hadn't called Daniel. I wasn't sure what to say about our very intimate encounter so I figured I wouldn't say anything at all. At least not until I figured out what my feelings were.

I had another dream that night. Both Jayson and Stephanie were chasing me through the wood. I tripped and thought I was done for but just as they closed in they were stopped by Daniel. He sucked their blood until their bodies shrivel up like prunes, then he turned his dark hungry eyes on me.

I woke up scanning the room for any signs of someone ready to pop out and get me but my room was still. I got up and went to the kitchen and got a bowl of ice cream.

I sat there in the darkness eating Hersey's Cookies 'n' Cream thinking about how my life was getting more complicated by the minute. I hoped the ice cream would help me sleep but I tossed and turned until my alarm went off. I was so tired I yawned throughout out my Saturday shift.

“You look bad.” Cassie reported.

“You don't say.” I said a little snippy. “Sorry,” I apologized, “rough night.”

“Nightmares?” I nod my head. “Wanna talk about it?”

“Nah.”

By the time my shift was over I was beat. Cassie was working another few hours. She wanted me to go out with her tonight, I told her I'd think about it. I went home to change. Aunt Bren and I are supposed to have our girls day out this afternoon. She was in her room getting dressed when I came up the stairs.

“Hey.” She said as I stepped into the doorway. “You had a visitor earlier.”

Oh God.

“Who?” I asked calmly but inside I was a bundle of nerves.

“He said he was a friend of yours,. His name was Daniel.” she said happily, “He was cute.”

Why had Daniel been here?

“Yeah, were friends.”

“Are you sure you're not more than friends?”

“Why would you say that?”

“I just got a vibe.”

Oh my aunt and her vibes. Problem was is that her vibe was dead on.

“Nope were just friends.” I said. She didn't buy it. “What did he want?”

“He said he was seeing if you were home said he tried to call you but you didn't answer so he came by. I told him you were at work. He said he didn't want anything serious. But I told him you'd call him back.”

“Yeah, I don't have any minutes. I was planning on getting some while we were out.”

“Well, go and call him back.”

“I gotta get dressed.”

“You have time to do both.” She shooed me out of the room.

I went downstairs and called Daniel. He didn't answer so I went and got ready and phoned him again before we left but still nothing. Whatever. It was it must have not been important

Spending the day with Aunt Bren was fun It reminded me of the days we used to do this every weekend. We went saw a movie, had a late lunch, got mani-pedi's and went shopping. She and Phil had a big date tonight, dinner, dancing and she was going to be staying over at his place.

“I know how much you hate when he stays over.” she said as we shopped.

“I don't hate it. It's when you don't tell me he's over and I find him in the kitchen in the morning wearing next to nothing.” Not that Phil in is undies is a bad sight, quite the contrary. We both laughed.

“I keep telling him to wear his robe from now on. So you got any plans tonight?”

“Not really. Cassie said she might go out, but you know me, I don't really like clubs.”

“I think it'll be good for you, to help you get over you know who.”

I sighed. “Maybe.”

“What about your new friend? Daniel?” she smirked, “Anything planned with him?”

“Nope.”

“You should go out. I don't want you sitting at home on a Saturday night, you're only young once.”

“But I like sitting in on Saturday night's. Doctor Who will be on.” At this she rolled her eyes. “Oh don't you dare pretend you don't like it. I saw the way you were eying Matt Smith.”

“What can I say, I am a sucker for British accents.” We laughed.

After we got back home I helped Bren get ready. My phone rang then. It was Daniel. I excused myself and answered it.

“Hello.”

“Hi, darling.” Daniel said seductively. I was glad he couldn't see my blush. “What are you wearing right now?”

My mind automatically went to yesterday morning.

“What a strange question. I'm naked, if you must know.”

“Mmm, yummy.” He growled.

“I heard you came by earlier.”

“I was dying to see your lovely face.” she laughed. “What are you doing tonight.”

Why does everyone keep asking me that? “Planning on eating my weight in ice cream. Why?”

He chuckled. “Would you like to go out with me?”

“Like a date?”

“Maybe.”

“Where to?” I asked nervously.

He must have heard it in my voice because I could practically hear him smiling. “A club, or bar, if you will.”

“Is this one of those places you told me about where your kind can, uh, be themselves?”

He chucked again, “Maybe.”

“How safe will I be there?”

“You'll be with me, you'll be the safest person there. No one will dare harm you.”

A bar full of vampires and their meals, I mean, dates.

“What should I wear?” I asked after a pause.

“Is that a yes, Victouria?”

I scrunched up my face. “Don't call me that.”

He ignore me. “Your answer?”

“Fine. Sure.”

“Great, I'll pick you up at nine.”

“Okay. See you then.”

We hung up.

What did I just agree to?

And what exactly does one wear to a vampire bar?

The door bell rang a minute after we hung up. I ran to the door, thinking it was Phil. But to my surprise it's someone else.

Someone I hadn't expected.

“Hey, Tourie.” my former friend, Stephanie said in a falsely cheerful voice as I stared at her, mouth open and in disbelief. “Uh, can we talk?”