Sequel: Hurts Like Heaven
Status: Complete.

Bliss and Bloodlust

Chapter Nineteen.

Aunt Bren, thankfully, didn't treat me like a helpless baby. She and I pigged out that afternoon after she got home from work and watched lots of DIY and HGTV, because cute boys with muscles and power tools are always a great pick me up, not to mention a great distraction.

I hadn't given much more thought to what had happened to Stephanie. She and Jayson could sort their problems out themselves and leave me out of it. I had enough to worry about.

Daniel, who had left for a few hours, returned for dinner and Phil came over. The two of them hit it off great, talking about sports and things I thought a vampire would be too detached to care about. My sweetheart bid me goodnight, he had work to do and couldn't stay over, it was Saturday night after all, a busy day for the clubs he owned. I hated to admit it but I missed him as soon as he was gone.

By Monday afternoon I found out that indeed the truck had been messed with. The police had found that someone had cut my brakes sometime during the twelve hours I had been at work on Friday. The security cameras had picked up nothing though, so there were no leads. Daniel had given me an, I told you so, look. He also had a murderous look in his eye that scared the crap out of me.

When the cops asked if I had had any troubles with anyone I told them honestly that my ex and his new girlfriend, if you could call her that, had problems with me. They said they would look into it. It might do more harm than good though, now that I thought about it.

It was Friday evening and Cassie was dropping me off at home after our shifts had ended. It had been a week since my accident and my truck was still in the shop and Dan was kindly footing the bill. He told me he would buy me a new one but I said I wasn't comfortable with him doing that.

The police had talked to both Jayson and Stephanie but they both of course denied doing anything and their alibis both check out. But I wasn't scared, surprisingly I was calm. I wasn't going to live my life in fear of those two. If they wanted to try it again I was ready. Or so I kept telling myself. I still wondered who had actually cut the brakes if not them.

I was dog tired but I was off until Tuesday so I planned on sleeping as much as possible. My cell phone rang when I reached the front door. “Hello.” I answered it with a smile.

“Hi, darling.” Dan said sweetly, I blushed. “Get dressed.”

“Huh?”

“I know you're tired but I want to take you out tonight, my treat and I promise to behave and have you home early.” he paused, “Okay, maybe not have you home early but I'll be good.”

“Dan, I've been working all day.”

“All the more reason to spend some time with me. You owe me, remember.” Yes, I do. “What do you say?”

“You're not going to let this go are you?”

“No.”

I grinned in spite of myself. “What time?”

~~~~~


Daniel picked me up at a quarter to eight in his blue old school Chevy. “How many cars do you have?” I asked him as we pulled off.

“A few. Why? Are you finally gonna let me get you one?”

“No.”

“Come on, stop being so goddamn stubborn and let me loan you a car. Until you get your truck back at least.”

“I'll think about it.” Which in his world meant yes. He smiled. “So where are we headed?” I asked.

“You'll see.”

“Just tell me.”

“You don't like surprises?”

“Not really.”

“Can't you just sit back and enjoy it?”

“No.”

He glanced over at me. “Fine. It's a lovely restaurant called Le Chateau Fleur.”

“French? A french restaurant?”

He frowned slightly. “Is there a problem?”

“No. I've just never been to one... is all.”

“Nervous?” he smirked.

“A tad.” I was really nervous.

We got to the restaurant at eight on the dot, and the decor was stunning. Beautiful artwork, chandeliers, perfect lighting, high ceilings, tall windows, lovely table settings and a boatload of upscale people. Even though I was wearing my prettiest dress, a strapless purple number, I still felt under dressed and very much out of place. I didn't belong here. Dan took my hand we walked to our table. He held the chair out for me as I sat.

“This place is beautiful.” I whispered.

“I agree. What's wrong?”

It was a while before I spoke. “This place is expensive.” And I was used to TJIFriday's.

“And?”

“I like going Dutch.” I said.

“It's my treat, Tourie. I asked you out so I'm footing the bill.” He said something like this on our first sort of date. He smiled sweetly, reassuringly, and took my hand. “Relax and enjoy someone taking care of you for once. You work hard everyday, always on your feet and this week was crazy, so it's my treat to you darling.”

“Fine, but I haven't a clue what to order.” The menu was mostly in French and my French was minimal at best. And most of the items cost more than I wanted to think about.

“Leave that to me.”

As it turns out Daniel spoke fluent French, of course. I loved hearing him speak although I only caught a few recognizable words. My appetizer was toasted brie with pesto sauce, the entrée, canard a l'orange, roast duck with orange sauce and for dessert Dan had profiteroles, these bite-sized cream puffs in chocolate sauce, and I had creme brulee with chocolate sauce. Of course we had wine with everything and everything was delicious and I found myself having the best meal, and time, of my life. It felt good to just relax and not think about the troubles in my now complicated life.

When we left it was after ten and we went over to Midnight then Bloody Hell, but only briefly so Dan could check up on a few things. Tina was there, as happy as she had been on the first night I met her. She was easy to talk to and made me feel... safe, if that were even possible in a room full of otherworldly creatures. Carlos was also there but thank goodness Henrik was nowhere in sight.

“How many languages do you speak?” I asked Dan as we drove home.

“Seven fluently.”

“Really?” I turned to look at him.

“Oh yes. English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, and Latin.”

“Wow. Impressive.” I really was impressed.

“And I even know some Japanese, Chinese, Swedish, Latin and Cambodian.”

“Okay, now you're just showing off.” He chuckled. “You make me feel so... average.”

He turned to stare at me. “You're anything but.” Oh please. I was just some silly human girl. What could he possibly see in me? “I've only learned half the things I know because I have and great amount of time to do so.” He became serious. “You're beautiful, smart, sweet, funny. Don't ever let me hear you that again. Or I might have to prove to you otherwise.”

“Oh and just how would you do that?” He only chuckled again but his eyes were a shade darker as they turned back to the road ahead.

We headed to his house. It was only my second visit but when I walked in I noticed the difference. “You've redecorated.” His living room was no longer bare but had lots of modern furniture in rich colours.

“Yes, finally. I'm still working on the rest of the house. The barn I'm still undecided about. But it does have a certain charm.”

“This looks great.”

“I'm glad you think so.”

We sat on his couch and Dan kicked his shoes off. “You do realize you have to take me home right?”

“I don't necessarily have to, you know.” he said in turn.

“What does that mean?” I tried to hide my smile.

“Interpret it how you will.” He put an arm around my shoulder and pulled my closer. “Did I tell you how marvelously beautiful you look tonight?”

“Yes.”

“Good enough to eat, actually.”

He leaned in and kissed me slowly, his free hand was on the side of my face. As our lips parted briefly I took his bottom lip between my teeth. I opened my eyes to see his reaction and his eyes opened, dark and needy and hungry.

He pulled me on top of him and yanked my dress over my head in no time flat. Our lips met once again, fire blazing between us, and my hands fumble at the buttons of his shirt. He had one hand cupping my breast and the other in my hair, holding my face to his. His fangs were fully out. His eyes black as coal. And his cool fingers were now discovering my every curve.

He lifted me up and carried me up the stairs. I barely looked at what was in his bedroom, except for the king sized four poster bed covered in black, red, and white patterned satin. He threw me onto the bed and got on top of me. I managed to remove his shirt and he took off his trousers before I registered they were gone. He was in his underwear but it didn't last long. He removed them to reveal his beautifully naked self. I knew his patience was growing thin when he literally ripped my panties off.

“You know you broke your promise, right?” I panted to him.

He smiled down at me for a second before he was between my waiting legs. “Are you going to punish me?” he said seductively.

I was speechless as I braced myself for it, but he was waiting, at least for the moment. I knew he was trying to hold back. His hands were balled into fist, resting by my bucked up hips. I pulled him closer and whispered his name. His fangy smirk was purely devilish. He lifted his hands, placed them on my inner thighs and spread my legs further apart. He lowered himself on me and he carefully entered. I gritted my teeth together but I didn't want him to stop. Then he was fully inside me.

My nails dug into his shoulders and my breath caught in my throat. He began thrusting his hips to mine slowly at first then he picked up in speed and I tried to keep up. He was moving faster and faster, going at a consistent rhythm and I held on to him with all my might. Daniel's lips found my neck, I felt my pulse racing as I realized what was going to happen.

Do it, I thought but didn't speak out loud, I was ready. He licked the spot on my neck he intended to bite as if marking his territory.

The sting of his fangs entering my skin made me gasp and arch my back. One of Daniel's hands were on my lower back, holding me to him. I felt the painful pull and tug on my skin as he sucked my blood and the pleasurable sensation that followed coursing through my every pore.

It was beautifully intoxicating. The greatest pleasure I had ever felt. Heaven. Pure lovely bliss. I was flying. On another planet, in another dimension. A high I didn't want to come down from.

But Dan was pulling away, bring me back down to earth, but I wasn't ready yet. My hand was in his hair, holding him to me as I felt him about to release my neck. With a gently caress on his skin I urged him to continue and he obliged, sucking my blood longer.

I smiled and moaned and he lifted me up so I was straddling his hips, his tongue licking my wound. When I saw his face there was only a small amount of blood around his mouth, not messy like you see in the movies. He quickly licked it away as if it was the most delicious thing he had ever tasted.

All the while he hadn't slowed down. I threw my head back, my eyes rolled back and I moaned his name over and over. He seemed to like that. A trickle of blood traveled down from my wound onto my breast. As it reached my nipple Dan lapped it up greedily. He growled with pleasure and threw me onto my back once more, pulling my legs up to rest on his shoulders.

“I'm gonna come.” I moaned, my pleasure building up inside. I was surprised I could even speak.

“Not yet. I'm not done with you.” he said with a dark growl that sent chills down my spine.

“You... better... not... stop.”

“And if I do?” He was slowing down.

With all my might I pushed up and was on top of him. Of course he was ten times stronger than I, so I knew he had let me do it. I put one hand on his chest and rode him. His hands gripped my hips tightly and he looked as savage as an animal. He growled inhumanly, his eyes wild and then I was on my back again.

“No fair.” was all I breathed out before his fangs sank in again.