Status: Active

You Are What You Are

"I don't know. Am I?"

I was in the back, chatting with Craig on line and everyone was still asleep. This was the earliest I'd ever woken up, 8:32. I didn't get much sleep last night either, Nick was hogging the entire bed and Brad's snoring was getting to me.

I guess you could say that, but it's not bothering me right now.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna tell Nick what happened. He deserves to know, he hasn't done anything to me." I sighed.

You can't tell him. I saved his life, you know what he'll do to me? I swear if you tell him, I'll fucking kill you.

I rolled my eyes at Craig and shut off the laptop. I knew he wouldn't do something like that but I didn't wanna find out either. I could hear the shuffling of feet and Nick looked back at me and smiled.

"Morning." I smiled and got up.

"How long have you been up?" Nick yawned and walked into the washroom.

"Around eight, didn't sleep well last night thanks to a couple of people."

Nick laughed and I sat at the couch, searching for split ends in my hair. I really had a bad habit of this and Nick hated when I did that. He thought it was unhealthy for me to be doing that.

"Do you really have to do that?"

I stopped what I was doing and Nick sat next to me, turning on the TV and DVD player. I snuggled in closer to him and pulled a blanket over both of us.

"So what are we watching?" I asked.

"Whatever Dan was watching last night."

On the screen was Ghostbusters, one of Dan's all time favorite movies, but I didn't like this movie. As the movie played, my eyes became heavier and heavier. I tried to stay awake but I closed my eyes once and fell asleep. Maybe now I'd get at least a little bit of sleep.

***Johnny’s POV***

I got out of the bunk and to the washroom. Riley an Nick were both on the couch but Riley was sleeping on Nick. They looked so peaceful together and when Riley was sleeping she looked so innocent. But I knew damn well she wasn’t.

After finishing my business in the washroom, I sat down next to Riley and she woke up. She looked up at me and smiled.

“Morning.” I smiled and decided to go lay back down.

It killed me to see Nick, my best friend AND band mate sitting there with a cheater. I’d heard Riley talking to some random about them hooking up. I wanted to tell Nick but that would have meant losing a friend. If I told Nick then Riley would get mad at me for getting in her business. I’d just let her deal with this stuff.

LATER

“You fucker! Stop doing that!” Brad yelled.

“I believe it’s called skill, Brad. Something you obviously don’t have.”

Dan laughed as Brad paused the game and set the controller on the ground. He was pissed that I kept beating his ass at this game, but then who wouldn’t be?

“Hurry up and play. I promise I won’t do that anymore.”

He picked up the controller and started playing. I kept my word about not using the same move and holy shit, I was getting my ass beat. I could Dan laughing from the corner of my eye and I flipped him off.

“No!” I yelled as my character went down.

I can’t believe it. I’ve lost my first match to Brad, now I had to owe him money. Fuck. Riley and Nick were laughing away in the back and soon she appeared into my sight.

“I need a smoke.”

I handed Dan the controller and walked outside. It was nice out but off in the distance there were some dark clouds heading our way. I lit up a smoke and inhaled that glorious chemical.

“You’ve been avoiding me ever since this morning.” Riley said and stood next to me. I was about to walk back on the bus but she closed the door and blocked it.

“Excuse me, I wanna go back on the bus.”

She shook her head, “Not until you tell me why you’ve been avoiding me.”

I threw what was left of the cigarette on the ground and stepped on it. I looked around to make sure no one was around and that none of the windows were open.

“So did you enjoy your little ‘hook up’ session yesterday?” I asked sarcastically.

“My what? What the hell you talking about?”

“Don’t give me any of this, Riley. I heard you talking this morning. Fucking someone behind Nick’s back. I always thought you were this innocent loyal girl but I guess I was wrong.”

She was silent. “Are you gonna tell Nick?”

“I don’t know. Am I?” I walked on the bus, leaving her alone outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Johnny knows! Holy crap! What do you think Johnny's gonna do?

Comments please.