Status: Working Working WORKING

The Spark That Started the Fire

Prolouge

Like a beautiful silver fish the cat darted through the trees. Her delicate paws barely made a mark as she raced through the thin forest that she had called her home her entire life. Her thin tabby stripes and little glowing stars in her fur blurred as she reached top speed she could in the forested area like this, and she burst forth from the treeline into the gorgeous night sky that shone brightly. She slowed down until she reached a dip in the moor. She entered the camp silently with her eyes gleaming brightly.

Three other cats were in the otherwise empty clearing. One was an older dusky brown with soft fur and long, majestic legs and small and agile paws. Her eyes were a dark brown that had flecks of yellow in them and her smile was warm and welcoming as she greeted the silver she-cat

Another was muscular with powerful back legs despite the fact he was the eldest. His eyes were a deep grey and his pelt was fiery red that blazed in the moonlight. "Greetings, my daughter." he purred, nuzzling her neck as she took her place beside him.

The last was a young silver she-cat with black stripes. Her eyes were silver like the silver cat's and her legs were just as tall. Her legs were strong, but long and agile with large claws. She flicked her ears in greeting, not looking at the newcomer.

The first to speak was the ginger cat, he wasn't as tall but he wasn't short by regular standard. He stood with a proud, puffed out chest as e began, "I, for one would like to know why we are meeting like this. There are none of any other clan and from what I hear, this involves all of them." he spoke harshly but his eyes were warm and concerned.

"Father, I have chosen you four because I know you will trust my decision. This prophecy came to me and me alone and I believe that it is my choice what to do about it." she said quietly, though her eyes were wide and certain as her gaze moved to each of the cats before her. The ginger cat dipped his head and nodded.

"M'love, I respect you but are you sure that is wise?" she said, concern in her eyes as well.

She continued on, ignoring the dusky brown warrior's response. "It is a prophecy foretelling great destruction that has the potential to destroy the four clans like a plague. But it also foretells a great leader, a saviour, that will rise from the most unexpected place." she looked at her paws, not meeting the others' gazes.

"From where?" mewed the brown she-cat with wonder.

"From twolegplace." she said, her voice barely a whisper.

The black and silver cat snorted, making the first noise since the silver cat had appeared, "No kittypet has ever joined the clans, and you are claiming one will become a leader!" she shook her head, returning to silence.

"Our prophecies have never been wrong before." she said simply, glancing at the sceptical she-cat.

"What is the prophecy?" asked the ginger tom, his eyes wide with fear and anxiety.

"Like a sickness the forest will rot from the core,
death and destruction like never before.
but a saviour will rise and save them all,
leaving pawprints in all five clans before they fall,
but he is lost on a path he is born in,
a path lead by his elder non-clan kin,
his heart yearns for forest,
like hers in a chorus,
Find the one born from the kin of a flame,
Find the barn cat's heart that must be tamed,
together they will be the spark,
to light the flaming, flailing heart.
Fire will save the Clans." She spoke softly and clearly so every cat could hear her, she twitched her ears when she finished, shaking her head. "It is much more clearer than other prophecies we've had, isn't it."

"And longer." The silver and black cat hissed, her lips curling.

"Well, what can we do about it?" the older she-cat mewed, her eyes thoughtful but betraying no immediate opinion.

"I have found the two cats the prophecy speaks of, whom I assume are the saviour's parents."

"Where are they? Sitting cozily beside a twoleg?" the snarky she-cat hissed.

"The tom is small, only three moons old and he is closer to you than you think." she said, not looking at the snarky she-cat. "Firekit." she said quietly and the dark furred warrior's grey eyes brightened with emotion.

"My son?" she hissed, "My son would never betray his clan for a kittypet." she spat.

"He is one born from the kin of a flame." she gestured to the ginger leader and he blinked, "And the only one with fire in his pelt. I am sure he is the one." The silver and black she-cat was hyperventilating and shaking her head. She had died giving birth to her sons and daughter and still loved them dearly.

"And the mother." the dusky brown she-cat said, looking solemn.

"She is unnamed and was much harder to track down. But she is not a kittypet." she added, glancing sadly at her sister. "Like said in the prophecy she is a barn cat. She lives in the barn outside WindClan territory. Or she will after tonight." she said, waving her tail. "Follow me." and the four cats unravelled like mist and the four shapes appeared outside the twoleg barn. The smell of hay was strong as they entered through the opening in the front. A young, slender light brown tabby was kitting. There was no medicine cat, no twolegs, only a dark brown tabby crouched beside her, his pelt fluffed up in worry as his mate wailed in pain. Silverwind walked slowly towards them, she knew they could not see her-but she leaned down beside the tom and whispered into his ear.

"Do not fear. She will be fine. Raise your kits with a strong bodies and loyal hearts." the tom paused, his fur lying flat and he licked his mates ear, whispering his love and encouragement.

The kitting seemed to take seasons long but eventually the final kit took it's first breath of air. She was small and brown and white. Silverwind licked her on the top of her head and whispered, "Welcome, Spark of the Prophecy."